no u losers this isnt a flop

#191TchROLLPosted 3/21/2013 11:54:16 PM
I'm in need of a Zebra :3
#192MrMisanthropePosted 3/22/2013 9:58:07 AM
Furryyiffer posted...
MrMisanthrope posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Their contract was up, zam. No one was fired or "kicked to the curb". And superbot is still around to my knowledge and on good terms with Sony.

Sorry, dude. Layoffs.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/25/report-ps-all-stars-dev-superbot-hit-with-layoffs/

.....you do know that wasnt what was being talked about right, zam? That was before their contract ran out and says right on the page that Superbot did the laying off there. Superbot and Sony stopped working together after that.

It's *exactly* what was being talked about: you said nobody was fired, and I posted a link that shows otherwise. Superbot laid off multiple staff members, and a couple of weeks later, Sony cut ties with the studio -- neither of which are things that happen to studios whose games are successes.

Starhawk had similar sales to PSASBR (as far as anyone can tell), and what happened? They laid-off two dozen people and are now concentrating on iOS games.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/starhawk-developer-lays-off-24-employees-refocuses/1100-4418/

If those aren't signs a game did badly, then nothing is.
#193MrMisanthropePosted 3/22/2013 10:05:22 AM
On further reading, it seems like maybe you think nobody was fired from Superbot; their contracts were just up? If so, that's not true. Read the link.

"SCEA can confirm that SuperBot Entertainment did make a reduction in their workforce today."
#194FurryyifferPosted 3/22/2013 10:15:45 AM
MrMisanthrope posted...
On further reading, it seems like maybe you think nobody was fired from Superbot; their contracts were just up? If so, that's not true. Read the link.

"SCEA can confirm that SuperBot Entertainment did make a reduction in their workforce today."

What Im saying they are two different incidents, zam. One is where Superbot layed some members off which isnt as odd as you may think. And then their contract ended later on.

No one was fired or "kicked to the curb" in the latter. Their contract ended and Sony and Superbot went their seperate ways.
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#195ImDyinSquirtlePosted 3/22/2013 10:22:10 AM
Furryyiffer posted...
MrMisanthrope posted...

What Im saying they are two different incidents, zam. One is where Superbot layed some members off which isnt as odd as you may think. And then their contract ended later on.

No one was fired or "kicked to the curb" in the latter. Their contract ended and Sony and Superbot went their seperate ways.

Source?
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#196FurryyifferPosted 3/22/2013 10:44:30 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
MrMisanthrope posted...

Source?

Considering how they werent really reported as the same incident, zam? Ive never seen any official connection between Superbot laying people off and where they and Sony went their seperate ways. Outside of fan theory anyway :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#197SilentS89Posted 3/23/2013 6:33:38 PM
MrMisanthrope posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
MrMisanthrope posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Their contract was up, zam. No one was fired or "kicked to the curb". And superbot is still around to my knowledge and on good terms with Sony.

Sorry, dude. Layoffs.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/25/report-ps-all-stars-dev-superbot-hit-with-layoffs/

.....you do know that wasnt what was being talked about right, zam? That was before their contract ran out and says right on the page that Superbot did the laying off there. Superbot and Sony stopped working together after that.

It's *exactly* what was being talked about: you said nobody was fired, and I posted a link that shows otherwise. Superbot laid off multiple staff members, and a couple of weeks later, Sony cut ties with the studio -- neither of which are things that happen to studios whose games are successes.

Starhawk had similar sales to PSASBR (as far as anyone can tell), and what happened? They laid-off two dozen people and are now concentrating on iOS games.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/starhawk-developer-lays-off-24-employees-refocuses/1100-4418/

If those aren't signs a game did badly, then nothing is.

Your silly "facts" can't impede the power of fanboyism.

No matter how big the mountain of evidence becomes they will not yield!
#198CLupulaPosted 3/23/2013 6:58:54 PM
_krat0s_ posted...
85k + sold.

= no flop imo

Uh...I don't think it sold as low as 85,000, did it? Because if it did, that's not just a flop, that's a huge disaster.
#199IngSlayerPosted 3/25/2013 5:01:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]