My stage ideas! Now 20% cooler!

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/21/2013 10:13:18 AM
Here we go, reposting the stage ideas I've done so far, and more to come as the day goes on! As I said I'm doing stages mostly centered around the movesets I've done so far, and still taking a short break before I do the last three, however I'm no longer going to be doing Rayne as I feel I wouldn't do the character justice due to not having played Bloodrayne.

First up!-

Phalanax- Shadow of the Colossus, Journey

Theme for first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-iOJe_F9g
Theme for second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc

The battle begins on what seems like a basic desert, a flat floor with dunes and ruins in the background. About 10 seconds in the sand under the All-stars feet seems to start rising, only to fall away as it's revealed they're standing atop Phalanax, the thirteenth colossus. The battleground remains being mostly flat, and is quite large. The stage stays like this for the first minute (assuming it's a 3 minute time match). Ghost tags (if that's what they're called, I keep seeing people call them that) will be seen floating in the wind around the battleground as Phalanax flies onward. The player can jump into them granting them a light flying ability for about 3 seconds. Once jumped into that clump will vanish, though more will appear.

Eventually the mountain will become visible in the background, and the Journeyer will suddenly jump up onto Phalanax with the help of the ghost tags and stare at the mountain from it's back.

Phalanax will suddenly do a barrel roll dropping the Journeyer and the players from it's back down to the desert below. The battle field will then become a desert again, but rather than being flat it will have a few ruins on either side and the center. Each ruin has a platform at different heights. Ghost tags will float among the ruins still offering flight ability. The mountain will still be in the background with Phalanax slowly flying towards it. The Journeyer will stand among the ruins for a short time watching the players before running off towards the mountain.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:14:29 AM
Second up!-

High Hrothgar- Skyrim, Shadow of the Colossus

Theme for first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gcNzSb0OI first song.
Theme for the second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYRvf510QL8

The stage takes place in the courtyard of High Hrothgar, with the ledge facing off of the mountain in the background, and the gate leading to said ledge is shut. The stage is set up as flat ground, with the main building of High Hrothgar at the far left end of the stage, acting as a wall. A platform rests on top of it for combatants to stand on. To the right is the gate that leads up to the peak of the Throat of the World, with the whirlwind still going. He whirlwind simply acts as an invisible wall, so projectile attacks will go through it. There are a few pillars with platforms scattered throughout the battlefield.

The greybeards will be observing the battle, but they will not interfere due to their pacifistic nature. About 30 seconds in (assuming it's a 3:00 battle) a dragon will land on one of the ledges to the side of the gate and observe the fight, but unlike the greybeards it will breath fire every now and then on whatever ledge it's on. It will swap ledges every so often.

Once the fight has reached a minute and thirty seconds the dragon will use Storm Call, making the sky become dark and it begins to rain. Flashes of lightning in the background will reveal a massive shape appearing in the background in the plains of Whiterun hold- Malus, the sixteenth Colossus. Throughout most of the fight you will only see his silhouette except for his eyes and the glowing bands on his arms, with flashes of lightning revealing the rest of him.

Malus will send the dragon away with one of his explosive blasts of fire, and destroy the gate in the background. From here, he will fire bolts toward the battleground, though the Greybeards and the dragons that will begin swarming him (which he'll swat away like flies) will prevent a few from reaching it. If they make it past the Greybeards shouts, they will either hit the far left side, smashing into the main building, the center (with a bit of a wider explosion than if it hit the left or right), of the far right.

At the final ten seconds a tiny figure can be seen clambering up onto Malus's head (you can decide whether it's Wander or a particularly badass Nord) and stabbing it, causing Malus to become preoccupied with getting it off rather than attacking the players.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#3-BrokenSpiral-Posted 3/21/2013 10:15:32 AM
**** mlp
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:16:21 AM
Third!-

Shao Kahn's Coliseum- Mortal Kombat, Star Wars: Republic Commando

Theme for the first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvhdYTI1WM
Theme for the second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWHHwxNNFNE

(how it would appear before the second phase, but with Shao Kahn sitting in his throne with Goro and Kintaro standing beside him along with numerous Tarkatan's in the stands- http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mk9_kahns_arena02.png)

This stage is completely flat, and about the size it was in Mortal Kombat 2011. There are two solid walls on each side, the stage basically being a much larger version of the Rival Arena. Shao Kahn sits in the background on his throne hurling insults at the different All-Stars (unique lines for each one), with Goro and Kintaro standing on each side of him. With hazards on, the two Shokan will randomly leap onto the battle field in different areas, doing a stomp attack that sends players flying and making them lose AP orbs.

About a minute in (assuming it's a thee minute match) four Tarkatans will be seen dragging two random All-Stars (that aren't in play) into the arena, and will chain them onto the pillars on each side of his throne and the songs will begin to mix.

After about twenty seconds, LAAT drop ships will begin lowering into the arena firing on the stands and loosely at Shao Kahn's throne and the battle field (will only hit the battle field if hazards are on). Clone troopers and Jedi will jump out of the ships as Tarkatans begin leaping down into the coliseum and begin fighting. A stray shot will hit Shao Kahn's throne angering him and making him leap from it roaring. Goro and Kintaro will run off into the battle and Mace Windu will run up to confront Shao Kahn. They will battle just in front of the now shattered throne as players continue fighting, stray gunfire from the drop ships still presenting a hazard. The battle will end with Mace Windu impaling Shao Kahn on his saber (with Shao Kahn yelling "You suck!" as he falls to his knees), then Mace will run off into the battle as the match comes to a close.
---
#5Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:17:31 AM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
**** mlp

Blame my friends xD Was trying to come up with a title for the repost, and since they use that line so much it was one of the first things to come to mind. xD
---
#6Myles98Posted 3/21/2013 10:18:21 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
do a barrel roll

---
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#7ssupermario92Posted 3/21/2013 10:18:47 AM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
**** mlp

...really?
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 47 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: Athiniel
#8Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:23:04 AM
Venice- Assassin's Creed, inFAMOUS

Theme for first phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y
Theme for second phase- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E424Rtrccvw (I know they used that with Alden's Tower, but couldn't find anything more fitting since I already used Dinner with Sasha on my Sasha moveset)

The battle takes place on a canal, with two streets on each side, and wooden docks hanging off each side and boats bridging the two streets and docks. There are different overhangs that can be used as platforms on the sides and on the boats (the boats are also a tad higher than the docks with stars leading up on to them). Each street has a wall on their respective sides. Civilians will be standing on the streets and on boats further down the canal in the background watching the fight, as well as assassin's free running between the streets or standing on roof tops observing the battle.

About a minute in (assuming it's a three minute match) the Animus will begin glitching (with the mist and lines appearing. Certain details of the city will be seen being altered or will simply vanish.), then smoke will begin appearing around the city and screams can be heard as towns people can be seen running around panicking and the assassin's will vanish, running off towards the different smoking areas.

At a minute and thirty seconds in, the song will change and a barge (or fishing boat, modern day style) will come speeding into the canal, and a rocket will be fired off destroying the boats in the center and causing them to sink as it pulls in and takes their place. Reapers will swarm off the boat, taking to the streets or observing the fighters from the boat, every now and then firing a rocket at them that make them lose AP (is quite obvious when they're about to). Several groups of Reapers will also be dumping black tar into the water of the canal, these can be hit a few times (or with a strong attack )and be killed to stop them and release AP orbs that the players can grab.

Assassins will also take to the streets and the boat, battling the reapers with swords, assassinations, crossbows, and hidden guns. By the end of the match the assassins will have wiped the Reapers completely out and go back to observing the fight as well as a few attempting to figure out a way to get the black tar out of the canal.

Credit to the animus glitching when the Reapers appear to Eurashal.
---
#9Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:37:29 AM(edited)
Chronoplast- Soul Reaver, Timesplitters

Theme for phase 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIGohhp4A0
Theme for phase 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMk1fcWNzKk&list=PLE7EA24D31DF37A98

(picture of the Chronoplast- http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/File:SR2-BonusMaterial-EnvironmentArt-Chronoplast-13.png)

The stage takes place in the Chronoplast from Soul Reaver, with a decently sized flat area, with two rises that are like stairs on each side. On the ceiling is a large claw like chandelier object. In the background there are stairs that lead directly up to the frame of a portal.

About forty seconds into the fight (assuming it's a three minute match) the portal will open making the claw like chandelier spin and have electricity arc around it, making it electrocute players before knocking them away if they're hit into it, causing them to lose AP.

About a minute and twenty seconds in, Moebius will step out of the portal with several mercenaries and walk down the steps ordering his men to "purge them all!". His men will walk down the stairs in ready stances (being cautious of the fighters). Suddenly Splitter Crow (http://timesplitters.wikia.com/wiki/Splitter_Crow) will burst through the portal, laughing manically. He will fire on the mercenaries, sending them flying while several Scourge Splitters walk through the portal. Moebius is angered by Splitter Crow, but being a coward he manages to flee past Crow into the portal, barely dodging his gun fire.

Splitter Crow then steps directly into the background of the fighters, making comments and laughing throughout the fight. The Scourge Splitters will wander around the stage observing the fight. If the hazards are on throughout the battle Splitter Crow will fire at different parts of the stage (made obvious by glowing markers where he's going to.) If a player is hit, they are sent flying and lose AP.

At the final twenty seconds a massive tentacle (presumably belonging to the Elder God) will suddenly burst through the portal and wrap around Crow, then drag him through as he panics. The Scourge Splitters will quickly take pursuit to try and save their master.

I have another stage in a topic that I remember that I liked that I want to post. To the ancient ruins of the board!
---
#10Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:28:46 AM
Myles98 posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
do a barrel roll

I'll admit it, I was tempted to put an easter egg in that Peppy could have a chance of randomly popping up and yelling that when it does xD
---