Isaac and Emmett 1v1, same skill level

#1Aalz-7Posted 3/21/2013 10:19:33 PM
Who wins and why?
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7
#2blaze19_0XPosted 3/21/2013 10:23:09 PM(edited)
Isaac. He has FAR superior supers for 1vs1. It's not even close. Emmet has zero reliable setups into level 1/2 and his level 3 is easy to avoid. It'd be lucky to get 2 kills against a good player.

Isaac also has more dynamic projectiles and overall better mid range game.
#3tscooktPosted 3/21/2013 10:32:15 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Isaac. He has FAR superior supers for 1vs1. It's not even close. Emmet has zero reliable setups into level 1/2 and his level 3 is easy to avoid. It'd be lucky to get 2 kills against a good player.

And on top of all that he never has to reload
---
PSN: timscook
#4BluBlue4Posted 3/22/2013 1:10:39 AM
tscookt posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

It's close. 6/4 in Emmett's favor on most stages. The more complicated a stage the better is is for Isaac.

A good Emmett doesn't need to rely on lv1/2. His lv3 is great on the right hands. There's no way your not getting 1 kill, likely 2. Properly abusing and protecting your turret is the key to this matchup. Count shots if you have to. The turret kills alot of Issac's reflector use (remember he can't use it in the air). Mostly stick with Default and Shotgun loadouts. Even if Emmett needs to get 2 or 3 lv3s to win, he can. People underestimate his meter gain, especially his default loadout.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#5AngelottPosted 3/22/2013 1:16:38 AM
BluBlue4 posted...
tscookt posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

It's close. 6/4 in Emmett's favor on most stages. The more complicated a stage the better is is for Isaac.

A good Emmett doesn't need to rely on lv1/2. His lv3 is great on the right hands. There's no way your not getting 1 kill, likely 2. Properly abusing and protecting your turret is the key to this matchup. Count shots if you have to. The turret kills alot of Issac's reflector use (remember he can't use it in the air). Mostly stick with Default and Shotgun loadouts. Even if Emmett needs to get 2 or 3 lv3s to win, he can. People underestimate his meter gain, especially his default loadout.

I have to agree. The loadout switch is what makes Emmett so useful. Drop a turret near (or on) an opponent, grab a MAW, and lvl 1 kill is complete. Sure beats Down+RS just to set up an iffy shot with Issac's, even with double stasis.
---
Official GF BEARzerker (P4:A)
XBL: Kid Devi PSN: Heartless Devi
#6blaze19_0XPosted 3/22/2013 9:47:13 AM
Both of you do realize if you destroy his Turret it builds AP for you right?

If Emmet constantly has the turret out, Isaac can just abuse it and get easy AP.

And Emmet has to rely on his level 3 to get 1 kill on average, maybe 2. Isaac can rely on his level 1 and 2.

He clearly has the advantage in the matchup.
#7blaze19_0XPosted 3/22/2013 9:48:37 AM
Drop a turret near (or on) an opponent, grab a MAW, and lvl 1 kill is complete

Wat.

This literally makes no sense.

And it tells me you really don't understand how 1vs1 works.
#8BluBlue4Posted 3/22/2013 1:21:35 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Both of you do realize if you destroy his Turret it builds AP for you right?

If Emmet constantly has the turret out, Isaac can just abuse it and get easy AP.

And Emmet has to rely on his level 3 to get 1 kill on average, maybe 2. Isaac can rely on his level 1 and 2.

He clearly has the advantage in the matchup.

Which is precisely why you protect it. You block shots intended for it if you have too. It kills Isaac's combos and reflector.

One big advantage that Isaac has is that the more complicated a stage the better it is for him.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#9BluBlue4Posted 3/22/2013 9:47:30 PM
Bump.
---
#10AngelottPosted 3/22/2013 9:59:08 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
Drop a turret near (or on) an opponent, grab a MAW, and lvl 1 kill is complete

Wat.

This literally makes no sense.

And it tells me you really don't understand how 1vs1 works.

I was talking more relatively about Emmitt's turret knock up if it lands on an opp, referring to its non conventional uses. Also talking the simplicity in which he can eliminate well in 1v1 with distinct loadouts via his weapon drops to change the tempo of play, not talking about some buttbackward guideline to a kill. Jeez...
---
Official GF BEARzerker (P4:A)
XBL: Kid Devi PSN: Heartless Devi