how could Radec be buffed?

#1red_latias77Posted 3/22/2013 7:18:05 PM
pretty much everyone agrees that he's the worst character in the game, but what would actually make him viable? The main change I thought of is making his forward square a 2 part move, with the first part being safe on block. Maybe a better hitbox on air up square too so he actually has a usable level 1 hitconfirm. What else could be buffed?
---
PSASBR: Sly, Fat Princess, Toro
#2ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/22/2013 7:19:35 PM
His Sniper Rifle.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#3LanceDrakePosted 3/22/2013 7:21:00 PM
Have his grenade launcher fire less frequently, but the grenades explode on contact. He desperately needs an attack that hits immediately below him.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#4tacomangsxPosted 3/22/2013 7:21:39 PM
Make his sniper fire like a mini gun
---
PSN: lnterwebs
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, Spike
#5TheNardDogPosted 3/22/2013 7:21:46 PM
How the hell is he the worst character in the game? He's fine.
---
Sullivan is a dirty old man.
PSN: UltraMan321
#6ZeroGravity38Posted 3/22/2013 7:22:09 PM
Down + square get hit by the grenade they get stunned.
---
PASBR:Main Zeus, Drake, Sackboy, Radec, Isaac,
PSN:ZeroGravity38
#7LightEcoSagePosted 3/22/2013 7:30:16 PM
He doesn't really need a buff. He has good Ap gain, a combo from a grab, lots of etc. Characters were designed for FFA. People need to stop comparing him and others to 1v1 situations. When you compare him to FFA you should be able to see he's great for that mode. I know from experience against other Radec's, even one on my friends list, that he is viable and a not useless character. His only problem is no real mobility. But if he was able get away easily then he would be untouchable especially with his good shutting down air game.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#8DrunkenMegamanPosted 3/22/2013 7:39:40 PM
I agree with LES. There are good Radecs out there who can be pretty dangerous.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65649719
#9AndKevinBaconPosted 3/22/2013 7:41:14 PM
He needs more depth to his guns. He can't aim or delay or do anything with them. He feels so one-dimensional compared to the rest of the cast.
#10DavidgraymanPosted 3/22/2013 8:31:29 PM(edited)
IMO he is the worst, but not really because he's a bad character. Its really that he is hit or miss, because he is stage dependent, probably more so than any character. Slopes are Radec's biggest weakness and this game is chock full of them. That and some of his moves aren't that great like up square, down triangle, and neutral square, tho I suppose every character has that problem. I'm no Radec expert but I do play as him as alternate every once and awhile.

Another problem is landing with Radec. Radec is strongest when he is on the ground (duh). Unfortunately, unlike almost every single character in this game, if Radec is being knocked around in the air, he has no means of landing on the ground faster. Other characters have a down-square that drops them to the floor (Ratchet, Jak, Zeus) but in his case he has the cloak move, which is ok but doesn't give him any means to land faster. He can't attack below him (except with his useless d2 move) so being in the air is bad unless his foe is in shotgun range.

The recovery on his square attack should be better at least slighty. I've fought good Radecs and my brother is a pretty good Radec so I'm familiar with his problems
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/kendallomarishot