how could Radec be buffed?

#11red_latias77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:49:34 PM
TheNardDog posted...
How the hell is he the worst character in the game? He's fine.

linear projectiles, bad close range game, no good confirms into level 1, a level 2 with its best hitconfirm being off of an unsafe move...and his grab combo only takes you so far. He's terrible in 1v1, not too helpful in 2v2, and... OK at best in FFA, depending on the stage.

LightEcoSage posted...
He doesn't really need a buff. He has good Ap gain, a combo from a grab, lots of etc. Characters were designed for FFA. People need to stop comparing him and others to 1v1 situations. When you compare him to FFA you should be able to see he's great for that mode. I know from experience against other Radec's, even one on my friends list, that he is viable and a not useless character. His only problem is no real mobility. But if he was able get away easily then he would be untouchable especially with his good shutting down air game.

yeah, Radec's probably the most obvious example of characters being designed for FFA. A lot of his regular moves and his level 1 are meant to be aimed into crowds, and his level 2 can be used for that too. He's still way overshadowed there though, his moves are just too easily avoidable and his grab combo sets up kills for other people if they're paying attention. He's not the worst in FFA, but he's still bad enough there for my point to still stand imo.

i agree with what some others posted, the problem with Radec isn't that his moves are all terrible, but they're too linear and that just doesn't work for him in a game full of sloped stages, air camping and characters that do what he does better. he just has too many blind spots. I like the idea of his grenades exploding on contact because that'd help to fix that, at least a little
---
PSASBR: Sly, Fat Princess, Toro
#12p1793aPosted 3/22/2013 9:48:08 PM
Radec is pretty bad yeah, and needs more moves that aim down. But you can use neutral square in the air as you are coming down and either hit them up and up triangle (for taller characters) or land after the first square and follow up with side or neutral square.

To answer the question though, he could be buffed by making his up square something besides a shorter ranged, weaker up triangle. Maybe make it a grenade toss similar to Drake and switch his down square to...anything else. Maybe a downward knife attack or downward shotgun pistol or somesuch.
---
BAAAAATTLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!
#13KindertotenwaldPosted 3/23/2013 12:00:01 AM
Lol you know nothing, he has several practical lv 1 HCs and his close range game is very good.
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#14ImDyinSquirtlePosted 3/23/2013 12:02:55 AM
Grenades explode on contact (both down square and forward triangle)

Machine gun has a bit faster recovery

Neutral circle shoots downwards in the air, similar to Drake's tranquilizer

Flamethrower can be aimed, like Sweet Tooth's neutral triangle
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#15ImDyinSquirtlePosted 3/23/2013 12:06:41 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Lol you know nothing, he has several practical lv 1 HCs and his close range game is very good.

His close range game is alright. I definitely wouldn't go so far as to call it very good.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#16KindertotenwaldPosted 3/23/2013 12:39:04 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...

His close range game is alright. I definitely wouldn't go so far as to call it very good.

It is if its him applying the pressure.
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#17Aldaris87Posted 3/23/2013 12:51:34 AM
I would be fine if they just made his forward square a little bit safer.
---
"One can only match move by move the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars." - Kain
PSN: DarkEmperor99