Just found out why I can hardly connect to anyone in this game: NAT Type 3....

#11FaustianLogixPosted 3/23/2013 2:21:42 AM
holysquid posted...
Well I think I may have found the problem, I have to open all of the PSN ports, not just the non default ones, if that makes any sense. Anyway, PSN has 19 total ports to open, but I'm only able to forward 18 of them. When I fill in the info for the 19th one, the settings won't allow me to apply the changes; I'll click the "Apply Changes" button but nothing happens. This is really strange and I have no idea for a solution.

Like I said, you probably have to call your ISP. They likely can unblock it.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Livestream.com/Ztram
#12holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:22:32 AM
FaustianLogix posted...
holysquid posted...
Well I think I may have found the problem, I have to open all of the PSN ports, not just the non default ones, if that makes any sense. Anyway, PSN has 19 total ports to open, but I'm only able to forward 18 of them. When I fill in the info for the 19th one, the settings won't allow me to apply the changes; I'll click the "Apply Changes" button but nothing happens. This is really strange and I have no idea for a solution.

So they actually limit the amount of ports to 18? That's extremely unlucky...
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#13FaustianLogixPosted 3/23/2013 2:23:30 AM
holysquid posted...
FaustianLogix posted...
holysquid posted...

Na, it's more like they have a certain degree of control over which ones you can play with. Especially if the router came from them.
---
Livestream.com/Ztram
#14holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:24:28 AM
FaustianLogix posted...
holysquid posted...
FaustianLogix posted...
holysquid posted...

Na, it's more like they have a certain degree of control over which ones you can play with. Especially if the router came from them.

ugh. I just need to open one more port to get type 2. This kind of stuff is extremely frustrating.
---
#15FaustianLogixPosted 3/23/2013 2:25:35 AM
I feel your pain man. I had this exact same problem when I played Demon's Souls.
---
Livestream.com/Ztram
#16holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:26:06 AM
FaustianLogix posted...
I feel your pain man. I had this exact same problem when I played Demon's Souls.

I miss Demon's Souls :(
---
#17Aalz-7Posted 3/23/2013 8:58:08 AM
Did you try putting in a dmz?

I know it maybe be a tad unsafe, but damn it really sped up my connection
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7
#18jesstivalPosted 3/23/2013 10:30:07 AM
The paranoia around DMZ is silly. Yes, it opens your router to potential threats, but what real hacker is going to want access to the computer of some random guy at home? If you were controlling a spy satellite, or had millions of dollars, you might want to be more careful but just some random Joe at home? DMZ is not really going to put you at risk.

DMZ will also immediately fix your NAT type, and requires very little effort.
#19holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:13:27 PM
Yeah I tried opening a DMZ for the static IP I assigned to my PS3. Didn't work.
---
#20sin_shenronPosted 3/23/2013 1:34:10 PM
Go to your router / modem page and put your PS3 (NOT your PC, I repeat NOT your PC, just the PS3) under the DMZ

problem solved it also works for Wii / Wii U / 3DS / Xbox / Vita, etc...
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.