Why I think Emmet ruins matches

#1SweetDeeTheBirdPosted 3/23/2013 6:18:10 AM
Every Emmet you play against goes to a corner and spams stuff. I know that that's basically all the can do, so I ask myself: why would superbot even put him in the game? He's basically an over powered combo breaker, whose level 3 blows any characters level 3 out of the water.
Do you guys agree/disagree?
#2wwinterj25Posted 3/23/2013 6:25:46 AM(edited)
Disagree. Emmett is a great character to use up close with the shotgun and/or far away with rockets. His level 3 is great but level 3 supers are supposed to be great. His level 1 with rocket also is great. His CQC is good and nads work great. He's the same as Radec with the keep away game only can be more mobile. It's how players play that's bad not the character besides he can be beat a lot.

I main Emmett and Sweet Tooth so I guess I'm biased. This topic sounds like you don't know how to deal with Emmett and keep getting beat by him so you want him to have a nerf. :\
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3Charizard18Posted 3/23/2013 6:31:10 AM
no
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#4SweetDeeTheBird(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 6:32:33 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
Disagree. Emmett is a great character to use up close with the shotgun and/or far away with rockets. His level 3 is great but level 3 supers are supposed to be great. His level 1 with rocket also is great. His CQC is good and nads work great. He's the same as Radec with the keep away game only can be more mobile. It's how players play that's bad not the character besides he can be beat a lot.

I main Emmett and Sweet Tooth so I guess I'm biased. This topic sounds like you don't know how to deal with Emmett and keep getting beat by him so you want him to have a nerf. :\

No, I actually win against a team with an Emmet most of the time, but it's a pain in the a to gain AP from broken combos, I do see now, thanks to you, that it's the players that ruin the character, it would be fun playing against an Emmet who doesn't hide and spam stuff.
#5Aldaris87Posted 3/23/2013 6:32:59 AM
I disagree as well. He provides a different type of challenge and adds variety to matches. He's not completely the same as other zoners and provides a different challenge to overcome.
---
"You people are unbelievable!" - Isaac Clarke, PSASBR
PSN: DarkEmperor99
#6SweetDeeTheBird(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 6:34:07 AM
Charizard18 posted...
no

Why did you even say something? Go post stuff where you actually have an opinion about what's being discussed.
#7Myles98Posted 3/23/2013 6:38:49 AM
Playing against a good Emmett is a nightmare, what with all the bouncing around that his grenades, mines, MAW & shotgun cause.
Most of them are to stupid to utilise the shotgun effectively and stick to MAW spam, meaning they are easily dealt with.
---
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#8Charizard18Posted 3/23/2013 7:07:09 AM
SweetDeeTheBird posted...
Charizard18 posted...
no

Why did you even say something? Go post stuff where you actually have an opinion about what's being discussed.

no
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#9ArmedDragoonPosted 3/23/2013 8:31:13 AM
The MAW becomes unreliable against players who know how to approach it anyway. Shotgun is better, especially since it's really the only loadout you can use in a level 1 KC. I'll only slap down a MAW bunker at all on larger stages.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#10ZeroGravity38Posted 3/23/2013 8:32:21 AM
LoL no sackboy.
---
PASBR:Main Zeus, Drake, Sackboy, Radec, Isaac,
PSN:ZeroGravity38