Why do you unlock costumes at lvl 10???

#1Aalz-7Posted 3/24/2013 6:37:06 PM
Costumes are a special part of this game, i think its silly that you get your alt costume at the measly lvl of ten.

i would have preferred something like lvl 500, or better yet, 999, so it gives players an incentive to go all the way. as it stands, there is no reason to go past 300 (?), except for getting the 999 rank.

Same with victory music. some of the pieces are awesome, but you unlock them so quick it just saps the fun right out of it.

Anyone else agree?
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7
#2921soraPosted 3/24/2013 6:39:56 PM
yes and no. they expected people to be no lives and play online exclusively.

(Takes out shield of flames)
---
Seriously... all of these flames are amusing that it's fun to be trolled nowadays, FLAME MORE EVERYONE! THEY ARE FUN! Official Laguna's Ragnarok Cannon of TGAE!
#3ArmedDragoonPosted 3/24/2013 6:40:47 PM(edited)
No, I like having everything character related unlocked by level 100 (that aren't the last icon and background). Having things locked for long periods of time just for padding is annoying.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#4xSSBB64xPosted 3/24/2013 6:40:53 PM
Agreed, costumes should be earned at rank 500 but was probably set to such a low level since they made it so it was more fair to unlock everyone's costumes, which is probably the same reason why all the characters were playable at the start of the game as Omar Kendall said, to make it fair for everyone.
---
Add me plz ^_^ PSN: xSSBB64x
PSASBR Mains: Drake, Sackboy, Both Coles, and Isaac
#5marioparty17Posted 3/24/2013 6:41:32 PM
if only the dlc costums were level 999, then people would have reason to grind/buy dlc,

but that also a bad thing.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#6wwinterj25Posted 3/24/2013 6:44:09 PM
I suppose they are unlocks for beating Arcade mode with said character as that will get you to level 8 where the alts unlock. Been as characters are unlocked from the start it's not a surprise alts more or less are. The intros, outros and so on are your unlocks for higher levels but I do wish we had better unlocks than icons and background images for characters over level 100.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#7DavidgraymanPosted 3/24/2013 6:44:27 PM
If this game had strong unlockable content it would have been recieved better. I love the title system because it makes me WANT to play the game, though implemented poorly, it was a good idea. I wish they had more stuff like this tho
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/kendallomarishot
#8Nightstryk3r619Posted 3/24/2013 6:44:31 PM
Aalz-7 posted...
Costumes are a special part of this game, i think its silly that you get your alt costume at the measly lvl of ten.

i would have preferred something like lvl 500, or better yet, 999, so it gives players an incentive to go all the way. as it stands, there is no reason to go past 300 (?), except for getting the 999 rank.

Same with victory music. some of the pieces are awesome, but you unlock them so quick it just saps the fun right out of it.

Anyone else agree?

Did you ever play Goldeneye for the Wii? There was such a HUGE grind for weapons in the latter twenty levels of that game. I used to play that all the time, and I think I ended up stopping at level 36 or so,when I had so many games on PS3 I wanted to play more, and I didn't unlock a single thing for close to a month of playing.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#9LightEcoSagePosted 3/24/2013 6:53:30 PM
Disagree because I do not want to get all characters to a high level just to get a measly costume.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#10Aalz-7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:56:08 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Disagree because I do not want to get all characters to a high level just to get a measly costume.

obviously you dont hold costumes in high regard.

but what WOULD make you grind to 999, in terms of unlockables?
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7