Should have had unlockable characters

#1D3adlocked720Posted 3/24/2013 7:01:16 PM
I honestly feel like theirs nothing to really work my butt off trying to get..

All the characters, minus DLC, are already given to you in a gift basket.

The costumes are awesome though, at least you have to unlock that and then there are plenty of other unlockables but just about EVERY single high level fighting game has its unlockables. ( Super Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter )

Half of the roster should have been unlockable and here would be my locked list:

Radec
Evil Cole
Big Daddy
Ratchet
Toro
Sackboy
Raiden
Sly Cooper
Sir Daniel

It just makes more sense, to be honest. Should even add more characters like:

Solid Snake
Lara Croft
The Traveller
Rayman

Its just a little uninteresting when you can't work your ass off to unlock one of your favorite sony stars and they're just handed off to you. Still love this game a lot.
#2D3adlocked720(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:07:03 PM
It'd also be pretty good if they added some characters you can only unlock if you have game data from their respective games. Example:

Ryu Hayabusa
Aveline
Azimuth
John Carver
#3Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/24/2013 7:08:07 PM
Eeeh, I'm fine with how it is. I really don't like having to unlock my favorite characters.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#4Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/24/2013 7:08:54 PM
D3adlocked720 posted...
It'd also be pretty good if they added some characters you can only unlock if you have game data from their respective games. Example:

Ryu Hayabusa
Aveline
Azimuth
John Carver

That there is just a bad idea.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#5G-ScythePosted 3/24/2013 7:09:34 PM
D3adlocked720 posted...

Ryu Hayabusa
Aveline
Azimuth
John Carver

NO.
NO.
$%^& THAT BULL@#$%!
THE FIRST IDEA IS KINDA BAD IMO BUT MORE OF A NEUTRAL DESIGN DECISION
BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE!
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#6DeZA_UKPosted 3/24/2013 7:10:04 PM
D3adlocked720 posted...

Ryu Hayabusa
Aveline
Azimuth
John Carver

Ain't nobody got money fo dat!

seriously though, I like unlocking characters but I don't like the idea of unlocking characters with game data. That would mean I would have to buy multiple other games for a complete roster :/
#7SilverShadow881Posted 3/24/2013 7:11:11 PM
D3adlocked720 posted...

Ryu Hayabusa
Aveline
Azimuth
John Carver

That sounds terrible. No offense TC.

And people would either complain this is more of an advertisement game or just download the game data to an USB to unlock them. It's not really that interesting of an idea.

Unlockable characters are cool though. But in my opinion, they should have gone for a full story mode. They had an advantage SSBB did not, all the voice actors and characters who DO talk a lot. They just wasted it.
---
Peelz.
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars. Alas, my wish has become true, stay hopeful my friends.
#8Charizard18Posted 3/24/2013 7:12:27 PM
Agreed about having unlockable characters.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#9D3adlocked720(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:14:03 PM
I just realized that the game data really would be stupid. But with the unlockable characters, it does make a lot of sense.
#10deadpool_legendPosted 3/24/2013 7:28:47 PM
Game data may be okay if they implement it like Nintendo did. If you had Super Mario Galaxy, then Rosalina was way easier to unlock in Mario Kart Wii. That being said, she's probably almost impossible to unlock without it so maybe it wasn't such a good idea, but if PASBR took that idea and toned it down, it could be okay. Except here's the problem, I'm running the Vita version here only. So I just have no chance to access any of those characters because they require PS3 data?

But I agree, there should be unlockables. I've been playing Persona 4 Arena lately too and it annoys me there are no unlockables really.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3