Does Good Cole Have ANY Bad Matchups?

#1chunkyshtewPosted 3/25/2013 8:47:30 AM
Hey guys, I usually post on another forum but I thought I'd try out gamefaqs today. Seems like a more positive and mature community.

Anyways, to give you some background I am fairly experianced player with 3 999's (Ratchet, Sackboy, Sly) and many characters over 200 and 500. I've been playing a lot post patch in 1v1's and such, and although many people feel that Kat is top tier, I feel that Good Cole should take her place. Playing mostly as Zues post-patch and I can comfortably take on Kat 1v1. I've won 3 out of 4 1v1's against 999 Kat's. Good Cole is an entirely different story though... I seem to have no chance against him.

In the zues vs GC matchup, his zoning and mobility is rediculous. His tether has a longer range than my lightning attacks, meaning that if I use a side triangle, he can just combo me and 90ap/ap burst me. After talking with good Cole's online they say they aren't sure what his bad match-ups are. One said Raide, but that Raiden is easy to deal with since the sticky grenades break his combos and the falling ice gives air control. Pre-patch Fat Princess would have been GC worst matchup but she has been nerfed pretty hard. Good Cole vs Kat, GC has a big advantage and is greatly in GC's favour according to the Kat's I've talked to.

With all this in mind... what are Good Cole's worst match-ups? And if you don't feel that he is OP/top teir, do you have any tips to deal with him? He feels so OP to me that I haven't played with him post patch since I feel guilty haha. Let me know your thoughts!
#2CrabhammarPosted 3/25/2013 8:56:31 AM(edited)
dat feel when GC has a favorable matchup to Kat. He murders her.

Anyways, Sly eats him alive. Counter/barrel > projectiles, Level 1 > tether, Alarm Clock catches dem landings, Sly is too short to AP burst from a sC, etc. Sackboy used to be a good matchup, but his Shockpad is too slow to catch GC's landings with now.

Raiden is one of GC's best matchups. Fat Princess didn't really have anything on GC specifically (she's an equal-opprotunity rapist).
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#3ThaCMasterPosted 3/25/2013 8:56:36 AM
Haha, mature. :) Good one. :p

Anyways, GC could do with some nerfs, he seems more annoying than Evil Cole now, and that mobility combined with his zoning is a bit silly. He doesn't have any major weaknesses either, he has great supers as well. Just a great character all around.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#4chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:04:55 AM
Crabhammar posted...
dat feel when GC has a favorable matchup to Kat

Anyways, Sly eats him alive. Counter/barrel > projectiles, Level 1 > tether, Alarm Clock catches dem landings, Sly is too short to AP burst from a sC, etc. Sackboy used to be a good matchup, but his Shockpad is too slow to catch GC's landings with now.

They buffed GC to be able to combo small characters, is he not able to AP burst Sly post-patch? I haven't tested this match-up since the patch. Also sly's level 1 is cancellable post-patch, so tether would stop it.

- Sly's counter is also more difficult to land but is still viable vs the sticky grenades (AKA don't use sticky grenades vs sly). In other situations it will be difficult to connect and is much more punishable
- Sly's barrel is easily countered by GC's falling ice and tether.

Sly is probably GC's worst match-up though, but post-patch I feel that even this match-up is fair with a very slight edge to sly on the basis that GC's projectiles are shut down by his counter. I'm pretty good with sly though so this is probably my best bet at standing up to those GC's
#5CrabhammarPosted 3/25/2013 9:08:15 AM
chunkyshtew posted...
Crabhammar posted...
dat feel when GC has a favorable matchup to Kat

They buffed GC to be able to combo small characters, is he not able to AP burst Sly post-patch? I haven't tested this match-up since the patch. Also sly's level 1 is cancellable post-patch, so tether would stop it.

- Sly's counter is also more difficult to land but is still viable vs the sticky grenades (AKA don't use sticky grenades vs sly). In other situations it will be difficult to connect and is much more punishable
- Sly's barrel is easily countered by GC's falling ice and tether.

Sly is probably GC's worst match-up though, but post-patch I feel that even this match-up is fair with a very slight edge to sly on the basis that GC's projectiles are shut down by his counter. I'm pretty good with sly though so this is probably my best bet at standing up to those GC's

He can AP burst him, just not from sC (the Ice Rocket). And I don't think the tether is fast enough to cancel his Level 1.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#6chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:10:21 AM
ThaCMaster posted...

Anyways, GC could do with some nerfs, he seems more annoying than Evil Cole now, and that mobility combined with his zoning is a bit silly. He doesn't have any major weaknesses either, he has great supers as well. Just a great character all around.

This is a point that the GC's I talked to said is his weak point. They said that his level 2 isn't very good. Although it's decent (not the best) it has a few great, safe set-ups, not to mention that his level 1 is so good why use the level 2? Parappa's level 2 us usless vs GC, I've seen good coles just pluck that skateboard riding dog out of the air, then throw him across the map into opponents for an easy double. I've seen many triple kills in FFA off of GC's level 1.

GC probably has some of the safest AP burst combo's as well when you factor in his tether and mobility, as well as his sticky grenade breaking opponents combo's. Not saying that he has the safest, that is arguable, but they are definitely extremely safe.
#7CrabhammarPosted 3/25/2013 9:15:22 AM
Parappa's level 2 us usless vs GC, I've seen good coles just pluck that skateboard riding dog out of the air, then throw him across the map into opponents for an easy double.

Seems legit.
---
#8blaze19_0XPosted 3/25/2013 9:37:42 AM(edited)
Kat is still overall better regardless of if you are correct or not because of her online glitches.

You can't beat what you can't see. Invisible debris is too much...

Also, what forum are you from, out of curiosity?
#9blaze19_0XPosted 3/25/2013 9:40:57 AM
I've won 3 out of 4 1v1's against 999 Kat's.

Level doesn't directly correlate to skill.

I'm not sure why people still even attempt this logic.

I've beaten 999s with sub 100s, sometimes sub 10s, does that mean those characters must suck since even 999s can't get the job done? Lol.
#10SelitePosted 3/25/2013 9:43:30 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
I've won 3 out of 4 1v1's against 999 Kat's.

Level doesn't directly correlate to skill.

I'm not sure why people still even attempt this logic.

I've beaten 999s with sub 100s, sometimes sub 10s, does that mean those characters must suck since even 999s can't get the job done? Lol.

When I get to 999 I'll prove to everyone that it doesn't take skill to be 999.
---
Random Video Game Vids. Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee