Is it true the only way to kill a character in this game...

#1Have_Dry_HandsPosted 3/25/2013 11:27:37 AM
Is by using supers lvl 1-3? It's not % based like smash is?
---
Psn: civid
Currently playing: borderlands 2, FF7
#2Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/25/2013 11:28:12 AM
Yup only via supers.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#3taoxadasaPosted 3/25/2013 11:28:47 AM
Yes, but it's not a bad thing.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#4Have_Dry_Hands(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:33:44 AM
taoxadasa posted...

It seems like you'd only ever want to pick characters with fast super growth, doesn't that kind of lessen the experience of the game?

Let's say u do the most damage overall or take the least damage but have trouble landing your super, you lose because the only way to win is by killing them with your super. Idk just seems like a design flaw to me
---
Psn: civid
Currently playing: borderlands 2, FF7
#5CrabhammarPosted 3/25/2013 11:35:30 AM
Have_Dry_Hands posted...
taoxadasa posted...

It seems like you'd only ever want to pick characters with fast super growth, doesn't that kind of lessen the experience of the game?

Let's say u do the most damage overall or take the least damage but have trouble landing your super, you lose because the only way to win is by killing them with your super. Idk just seems like a design flaw to me

Those with fast super growth have bad/hard-to-land supers in theory i.e. Kratos, Zeus, etc.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#6taoxadasaPosted 3/25/2013 11:38:28 AM
Have_Dry_Hands posted...
taoxadasa posted...

It's not really that hard to land super moves, especially level 2's and 3's.

And besides, you could deliver the most damage in Smash Bros but someone else could steal all of your kills by just hitting them with a Smash attack, I don't see you complain about that.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#7AssassinHawkinsPosted 3/25/2013 11:39:59 AM
False. Medusa's Gaze.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#8G0DofD34THPosted 3/25/2013 11:42:46 AM
I personally think this is a better mechanic than smash, which I love. But in this you need skill to kill people not hide until a 150% person gets close and you knock them out. I have a lot of buddies that don't like it because they can't use smash tactics like that. They are similar in setup and the brawler setup but that's it.

Side note: the medusas gaze let's u kill people as well. My friends and I play the gaze and fusion bomb with high ap and the highest item spawn...insane fun.
#9blazin640Posted 3/25/2013 11:43:34 AM
You'd have to rent the game to know whether you like it or not. Watching videos won't help much and asking questions will only get you so far.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#10Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/25/2013 11:46:45 AM
blazin640 posted...
You'd have to rent the game to know whether you like it or not. Watching videos won't help much and asking questions will only get you so far.

---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21