Is using Heihachi's super AP gain trick on Dreamscape considered cheating now?

#1Charizard18Posted 3/27/2013 12:22:43 AM
A trash talking team of thunder roll spamming Sly and a sniper spamming Radec said I was cheating for doing this when really I just couldn't be bothered to finish fighting them when my partner got killed off. They were scared of coming down into the pit for some reason and just stayed up above while I gained all that delicious AP. I wouldn't normally use this against anyone unless they annoyed me like this.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#2KarstienPosted 3/27/2013 12:28:07 AM
You WERE cheating...kinda. It's murky. Either way, I approve of beating trash talkers.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#3Charizard18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 12:31:28 AM
Karstien posted...
You WERE cheating...kinda. It's murky. Either way, I approve of beating trash talkers.

I guess I was. But I did it for a good reason ;__;
---
#4FDSarikuPosted 3/27/2013 12:52:52 AM
What glitch is this?
#5T_l_M_B_0Posted 3/27/2013 1:02:13 AM
Yes thats cheating.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#6punk_ACEPosted 3/27/2013 1:19:31 AM
If they were jumping you 2 on 1,then I don't see a problem with this.For me,nothing is off-limits when people decide to double team you.However,trash talkers deserve this too lol.
---
PSN: punk_ACE
"I make no distinction between enemy and ally.BEWARE!"
#7boy_luckPosted 3/27/2013 1:33:07 AM
Not really. Cheating would be using an OP character that no one else can use or hacking the game to your favor. Abusing a glitch is not cheating. If they can't knock you out of the pit thingy or find a way to turn the tables, then it's their fault.

Same reason I always thought the Parappa boombox glitch was a legit strategy. Lost count of all the glitching Parappas I destroyed with their own AP. It's all about finding a way around stuff.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#8Charizard18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:02:44 AM
They were double teaming me but not quite. The two of them kept running away from me while coming in to take potshots occasionally and on Dreamscape as Heihachi its a complete pain to deal with xD I could've just played the match normally (i was doing good too, 3 stock me and 2/1 them) but after a good 8 minutes of having to chase after them I just got really bored and went to the poison pit to end it quickly. But neither of them thought to come get me out...

And the same exact thing had happened to me in a match just like 15 minutes before the one I was in where a Parappa and his Dante partner kept running away for a long time (the Dante was doing this really weird low AP combo from a distance). But the way the stage built itself the pit wasn't there so I had to keep chasing them around until I won, so as you can imagine I didn't really want to have to do that again.

But then I got called a cheater ;__;

And the trick is where you charge up Heihachi's raijin stance and go stand in the poison pit on Dreamscape (or the golf balls on Sandover) and the AP that you drop gets picked back up and multiplied so you actually gain more AP than you would lose it. But the chances you ever get to actually use it are pretty low. You have to be lucky enough to get Dreamscape as Heihachi. I wouldn't really call it a glitch though since his Raijin stance is supposed to have that effect. More of a stage exploit than a glitch.
---
#9boy_luckPosted 3/27/2013 2:10:18 AM
Charizard18 posted...
I wouldn't really call it a glitch though since his Raijin stance is supposed to have that effect. More of a stage exploit than a glitch.

I kinda agree, but wouldn't you say that of the Parappa boombox thing? It wasn't really exploitable everywhere. Stages without platforms were no go.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#10T_l_M_B_0Posted 3/27/2013 2:15:28 AM
Charizard18 posted...
They were double teaming me but not quite. The two of them kept running away from me while coming in to take potshots occasionally and on Dreamscape as Heihachi its a complete pain to deal with xD I could've just played the match normally (i was doing good too, 3 stock me and 2/1 them) but after a good 8 minutes of having to chase after them I just got really bored and went to the poison pit to end it quickly. But neither of them thought to come get me out...

And the same exact thing had happened to me in a match just like 15 minutes before the one I was in where a Parappa and his Dante partner kept running away for a long time (the Dante was doing this really weird low AP combo from a distance). But the way the stage built itself the pit wasn't there so I had to keep chasing them around until I won, so as you can imagine I didn't really want to have to do that again.

But then I got called a cheater ;__;

And the trick is where you charge up Heihachi's raijin stance and go stand in the poison pit on Dreamscape (or the golf balls on Sandover) and the AP that you drop gets picked back up and multiplied so you actually gain more AP than you would lose it. But the chances you ever get to actually use it are pretty low. You have to be lucky enough to get Dreamscape as Heihachi. I wouldn't really call it a glitch though since his Raijin stance is supposed to have that effect. More of a stage exploit than a glitch.

You got called a cheater cause you were cheating lol
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.