Never realized how much faster Good Cole was to Evil Cole.

#11blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:37:10 PM
They added more lag on his grenades?

And what are your other reasons out of curiosity?

I know they added more endlag on his punch making some of his combos involving the punch harder.
#12dabuzPosted 3/27/2013 4:56:29 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
They added more lag on his grenades?

And what are your other reasons out of curiosity?

I know they added more endlag on his punch making some of his combos involving the punch harder.

No, the landing lag was always the same. The thing is, pre patch Evil Cole's punch and grab -> level 1 shenanigans were sooo good that any player could literally only grab and punch to win . Post patch with punch being kinda bad and grab -> level 1 not existing without wallbounce combos, Evil Cole has to really on hard reads, wall bounce combos, and solid traps in order to get kills. And since both punch and grab are nerfed, Evil Cole's close range mixup game isn't threatening, so he has to play a smart zoning and reset game.
---
psn: dabuz18
#13blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:59:07 PM
Fair enough.

I guess I heavily relied on his up throw at the very least.

I'll go back to Evil Cole when I can get my spacing better because it's clearly no where near good enough to play EC now. It seems nearly all of his moves are huge calculated committments where you get punished hard if you mess up and I'm no where near good enough to utilize that kind of gameplay yet.
#14dabuzPosted 3/27/2013 5:01:54 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
Fair enough.

I guess I heavily relied on his up throw at the very least.

I'll go back to Evil Cole when I can get my spacing better because it's clearly no where near good enough to play EC now. It seems nearly all of his moves are huge calculated committments where you get punished hard if you mess up and I'm no where near good enough to utilize that kind of gameplay yet.

Well, I wouldn't say they are commitments since when used properly, most of EC's moveset is safe. It's just that making a really bad decision or dropping a combo puts EC in a horrible spot.
---
psn: dabuz18
#15blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:03:49 PM(edited)
Perhaps but like I said, things like throwing a grenade and not being able to do anything else until you land means it's pretty easy for any decent player to start punishing you for them if they weren't spaced well. And grenades are his bread and butter.

With Good Cole I can do things like jump after the first grenade to correct my spacing if it was initially bad.
#16blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:06:47 PM
And things like Giga Punch are bigger committments now. If it's blocked, the lag is attrocious. Many character can probably kill you for it.

Good Cole probably has safer kill confirms overall for level 1 and he he has quite a lot of them.
#17DB_RB1Posted 3/27/2013 8:05:54 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Everything of GC's minus tether is faster but weaker. sT, uT, Level 1, 2, 3, you name it.

you sure about level 1 super? i'm pretty sure they have the same speed. and evil cole essentially has the best level 2 in the game in terms of effectiveness and speed thanks to the patch.

with their level 3s, good cole has a faster and stronger one thanks to the patch while evil cole has one of the worst level 3s.
---
The official backup account of DB_RB.