Proposed Emmett buffs.

#1BluBlue4Posted 3/27/2013 11:08:17 PM
-Faster/practically hitconfirmable lv2.

As it stands Emmett has no (dojo-less) hit confirms into any super other than Slow-Motion Punch into Shotgun lv1 (and maybe turret drop into lv2, which is even more impractical.) Upthrow and/or Up Square x3 into lv2 isn't a combo. It's pretty easy to tech out of consistently.

Emmett's biggest problem is partly brought on by his unique moveset. All of his Circle attacks are Build and Battle drops which aside from the turret don't have a hitbox. The turrets shots provide only an instant of hitstun as for the turret drop, read above. None of the 12 possible Triangle attacks combo into super. Now a breakdown of his Square moves:

Air/Standing Neutral Square: Nope.

Air/Standing Side Square: Combos into lv1 shotgun super (which the turret shots can actually screw up.) It's horribly telegraphed. Needs a reasonable speed buff. I usually can even find a good excuse to toss this out mid-match. Air version doesn't hit confirm what with it's huge pushback, it's fine as is.

Air/Standing Up Square: Neither version combos into any super. I know many people believe the grounded one does, but's very easy to tech out of. Will reliably work on the game's cpu and many online players.

Air/Standing Down Square: The standing version somehow manages to be even more telegraphed than Side Square does. Doesn't combo into super. Air version has 3 levels, none of which combo into super.

Emmett needs a faster/hitconfirmable lv2. I'd also ague for a faster Standing Side Square and Standing Down Square.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#2boy_luckPosted 3/27/2013 11:25:00 PM
Nah. He racks up AP pretty fast and has one of the best camp strategies in the game. His lvl1 can get multikills consistently with the plasma gun thingy and his lvl3 is not too shabby. His lvl2 is crap, though.

Maybe he only needs to be faster and get more ammo, but that's it.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#3DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 3/27/2013 11:29:09 PM
He's the best camper in the game with good AP gain, buffing him will be a problem.
---
Add me on PSN :) no pretentious people though. dim3r3553
#4LightEcoSagePosted 3/27/2013 11:31:31 PM
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
He's the best camper in the game with good AP gain, buffing him will be a problem.

A big problem. He needs no buffs in the slightest at all.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#5BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 11:36:57 PM
boy_luck posted...
Nah. He racks up AP pretty fast and has one of the best camp strategies in the game. His lvl1 can get multikills consistently with the plasma gun thingy and his lvl3 is not too shabby. His lvl2 is crap, though.

Maybe he only needs to be faster and get more ammo, but that's it.

This is all mostly 1v1 stuff. The chaos in FFAs and 2v2 make lv1 more useful in those modes. That's true for basically anything.

My proposed buffs wouldn't make too big of a dent either way when it comes to a chaotic FFA or 2v2 battle. This makes Emmett a more decent character for 1v1s and those moments when 2v2s basically turn into 1v1s.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#6BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 11:38:47 PM
Guys, in 1v1s? I think your overestimating him a bit.
---
#7LightEcoSagePosted 3/27/2013 11:46:17 PM
BluBlue4 posted...

IIRC you don't play this game enough to make a defending opinion. You don't have enough experience to say who needs a buff and who doesn't. A good Emmett is almost untouchable to combo into or get close to with certain characters. He's like Isaac, but worst when it comes down to camping in a corner. He has too many tools at his disposal along with speed faster then most characters on ground and air to get any buffs. He also has a fast air launch. His running away game is good as well. He needs no buffs. Play a couple of actual high level Emmett's and then come back here.
---
#8blazin640Posted 3/27/2013 11:51:38 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
BluBlue4 posted...

IIRC you don't play this game enough to make a defending opinion. You don't have enough experience to say who needs a buff and who doesn't. A good Emmett is almost untouchable to combo into or get close to with certain characters. He's like Isaac, but worst when it comes down to camping in a corner. He has too many tools at his disposal along with speed faster then most characters on ground and air to get any buffs. He also has a fast air launch. His running away game is good as well. He needs no buffs. Play a couple of actual high level Emmett's and then come back here.

you are correct but as an Emmett main (as well as Jak) he is correct. 1v1 Emmett is kind of useless besides his level 3. His level 1 is extremely obvious to see coming and easy to dodge. His level 2 is situational and his level 3 is decent. While his ap gain is great, his lack of killing options is frustrating. Clearly his strength is FFA. 2v2 and 1v1 he is lacking.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#9BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 12:16:00 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
BluBlue4 posted...

If I Recall Correctly. I actually had to look that up. I'm a little surprised that you remember my playing habits/connection problems.

It's true that I don't get nearly as much playing time as I'd like to. Can't deny that. Still I've basically obsessed offline over Emmett (probably on the same level as you have/used too with Jak) since he was released. There really isn't any way to show you how good/knowledgeable I am at the game without playing you so I won't try. His problems do seem very obvious though.

blazin640 posted...

you are correct but as an Emmett main (as well as Jak) he is correct. 1v1 Emmett is kind of useless besides his level 3. His level 1 is extremely obvious to see coming and easy to dodge. His level 2 is situational and his level 3 is decent. While his ap gain is great, his lack of killing options is frustrating. Clearly his strength is FFA. 2v2 and 1v1 he is lacking.

This.
---
#10LightEcoSagePosted 3/28/2013 12:29:51 AM(edited)
blazin640 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
BluBlue4 posted...

All his supers are actually good. His level 2 is basically Jak's level 2 with faster speed and a good hitbox. Theres easy ways to get a kill with that. His level 3 is more then decent. A better ST version. All you have to do is jump and spray that constant fire of green bullets and the ground stop, which has a amazing hitbox. If he was good in all modes he will just be OP because his buffs would auto increase his 2v2 and FFA aspects, which are already too good.. A character doesn't have to bee good in all modes. Lets compare him to Jak. Who has a better chance in 1v1. Him or Jak?

I have a friend for you who is a great Emmett who you can 1v1 him. Hopefully he'll go full out on you so you can see what Emmett's are capable of.
---