Proposed Emmett buffs.

#21chunkyshtewPosted 3/28/2013 7:23:05 AM
Chunkyshtew to the rescue! Emmett hit confirms:

-Side Circle (shot) into Level 1 (Rifle)

-Forward Square into Level 1 (shotgun)

-Air Side Square into Level 1 (shotgun) (wall)

-Side Circle (shot) into Level 1 (shotgun)

-Side Circle (collision) into Level 1 (shotgun) (wall)

-Triangle into Level 1 (shotgun)

-Air Triangle into Level 1 (shotgun)

-Side Circle (shot) into Level 1 (Rocket)

-Air Side Square into Level 1 (shotgun) (wall-less)

-Air Side Square into Level 1 (rifle) (wall-less)

-Air side square into Level 1 (rocket) (wall-less)

-Air Side Square into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Triangle (Shotgun) into Level 2 (wall)

-Air Triangle (Shotgun) into Level 2 (wall)

-Air Side Triangle (Shotgun) into Level 2 (wall)

-Air Up Triangle (Shotgun) into Level 2 (wall)

-Triangle (Rocket) into Level 2 (wall)

-Air Triangle (Rocket) into Level 2

-Side Circle (collision) into Level 2

-Side Circle (shot) into Level 2

-Air Side Circle (collision) into Level 2

-Air Square into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Triangle into Level 2 (shotgun) (wall-less)

-Air Triangle (shotgun) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Side Triangle (shotgun) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Up Triangle (shotgun) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Air Triangle (shotgun) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Air Up Triangle (shotgun) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Triangle (Rocket) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Side Triangle (Rocket) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Down Triangle (Rocket) into Level 2 (wall-less)

-Up Triangle into Level 2 (Rocket) (wall-less)

-Air Triangle into Level 2 (rocket) (wall-less)

-Air Side Triangle into Level 2 (rocket) (wall-less)

-Air Down Triangle into Level 2 (rocket) (wall-less)

-Air Up Triangle into Level 2 (rocket) (wall-less)

I agree not all are entirely practical. Here's a video that shows a few of them in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=faTTfpMfuBA
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#22BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:31:42 AM
Chunky i need to be walked through this one:

???
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#23CHL305Posted 3/28/2013 7:38:03 AM
BluBlue4 posted...
CHL305 posted...
AWorldUnited posted...
someone posted emmet has 11 hit confirms. Hi look them up.

I saw someone post a list of hit confirms that were not all accurate. Not sure if this is the 11 mentioned.

Emmett is a pretty good character that shines in FFA but honestly I never play that game mode. Too chaotic. I only do 2v2 , which eventually turns into 1v1. I can win most of my matches but Emmett struggles against high level players using higher tier characters. I think the only buff he needs is to his side square. It needs a speed buff, it is way too telegraphed. Also making his air side square also causing both drop would be nice.

His lv2 is okay as it is I think. I know a few setups to get the kill. If anything maybe speeding up the drop.

What setups?

So a well known one is the aerial turret drop. It is to be timed just right, if the turret lands on them and they pop up, do your lvl2 as soon as you land.
I am hesitant to give up this one since I don't want it used against me. In the default load out do a short hop and press triangle (or down triangle, can't remember). If you hit them they will pop up, use your lv2 as soon as you land. The timing is strict, works best near a wall.
---
Closet Nerd
#24chunkyshtewPosted 3/28/2013 7:39:37 AM
BluBlue4 posted...

???

It's in the video at :026 seconds. You throw the grenade, walk to the opponent and time your super for when the grenade will explode. And to clarify I didn't make this list, Dude5059 made a list of kill confirms and videos to go along with them on another forum. Just sharing them here to help folks out
---
#25BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:16:17 AM
CHL305 posted...

So a well known one is the aerial turret drop. It is to be timed just right, if the turret lands on them and they pop up, do your lvl2 as soon as you land.
I am hesitant to give up this one since I don't want it used against me. In the default load out do a short hop and press triangle (or down triangle, can't remember). If you hit them they will pop up, use your lv2 as soon as you land. The timing is strict, works best near a wall.

The turret drop is impractical. Not sure if it's even a real combo, but if it is how often will you land this?

Pretty sure the revolver shots aren't hit confirms into super. It just looks like they are, just like Up Square x3, or Upthrow.

chunkyshtew posted...
BluBlue4 posted...

???

It's in the video at :026 seconds. You throw the grenade, walk to the opponent and time your super for when the grenade will explode. And to clarify I didn't make this list, Dude5059 made a list of kill confirms and videos to go along with them on another forum. Just sharing them here to help folks out

-Triangle into Level 1 (shotgun) seems to require you you activate the lv1 the instant you see the explosion. Your opponent could just block and roll. Easily.

I saw the whole video. Alot of what he showed required you to activate lv1/2 before the supposed hitconfirm had even taken place. At one point he did the Rocket Launcher lv1 using a turret shot as a hit confirm. That's terrible. Most of the wall-less ones on Alden's Tower do work, I'll give you that.

I don't mean to be negative, but Emmett needs a mid-screen non-stage specific confirm into lv2. Just speeding up the lv2 to actually combo off of Up Square x3 or Upthrow would get the job done.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#26chunkyshtewPosted 3/28/2013 8:59:43 AM
@blublu Some are impractical, I agree. The turret drop one into level 2 isn't too bad for a midstage level 2 confirm though. Emmett is pretty quick for his size, I usually don't have troubles landing supers with him, even in 1v1. Depends on the match-up though, facing GC or a decent Sackboy can be a pain
---
#27CHL305Posted 3/28/2013 9:43:12 AM
BluBlue4 posted...
CHL305 posted...

The turret drop is impractical. Not sure if it's even a real combo, but if it is how often will you land this?

Pretty sure the revolver shots aren't hit confirms into super. It just looks like they are, just like Up Square x3, or Upthrow.

chunkyshtew posted...
BluBlue4 posted...

???

-Triangle into Level 1 (shotgun) seems to require you you activate the lv1 the instant you see the explosion. Your opponent could just block and roll. Easily.

I saw the whole video. Alot of what he showed required you to activate lv1/2 before the supposed hitconfirm had even taken place. At one point he did the Rocket Launcher lv1 using a turret shot as a hit confirm. That's terrible. Most of the wall-less ones on Alden's Tower do work, I'll give you that.

I don't mean to be negative, but Emmett needs a mid-screen non-stage specific confirm into lv2. Just speeding up the lv2 to actually combo off of Up Square x3 or Upthrow would get the job done.

I never said they were combos. I mentioned they were set ups. They have both worked for me. More so the turret drop because it pops them up higher. The revolver set up is more strict, depends on how fast they recover. That is why it works by walls, the landing splash gets them.
---
Closet Nerd
#28SOAD5657Posted 3/28/2013 9:57:44 AM
Here's the problem. Buff him for 1v1 and he'll become massively OP in 2v2/FFA
---
GET a load of THIS!!!!!
#29LightEcoSagePosted 3/28/2013 10:11:33 AM
SOAD5657 posted...
Here's the problem. Buff him for 1v1 and he'll become massively OP in 2v2/FFA

Already said this lol.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#30lobonoPosted 3/28/2013 11:29:06 AM
I'll just pop in and say his Level 2 IS hit confirm-able. Up throw followed by up Square x 3 will hit them each time.
---
PSN: Bpash123