Am I the only one who thinks Kratos has been fixed?

#1DryGuy84Posted 3/28/2013 10:31:26 AM
I don't usually play Kratos and I never had a problem against him before the patch except his neutral square combo. In an old interview Omar stated that Kratos was supposed to be a strong mid-range character, I feel that by nerfing the combo to -10 on block it gives enough time for an opponent to punish him up close and thus fixing the problem. Also the neutral triangle nerf raises his ease of use (albeit slightly).

P.S. I'm not against a nerf; I'm just not upset with his current form.
---
"You people are unbelievable!" -Isaac Clarke
Mains: Sweet Tooth, Big Daddy, PaRappa, and now Isaac
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 3/28/2013 10:32:19 AM
Not really.
#3DryGuy84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:33:27 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Not really.

Not really to what? The title?
---
#4IcyFlamez96Posted 3/28/2013 10:37:45 AM
DryGuy84 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Not really.

Well yeah. The extra 10 frames barley do anything for me. I can't punish him with an attack, but I can with a grab if im right next to him, otherwise I have to run away. His square attacks should be just as punishable as everyone else's imo
#5DryGuy84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:44:33 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
DryGuy84 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Not really.

Well yeah. The extra 10 frames barley do anything for me. I can't punish him with an attack, but I can with a grab if im right next to him, otherwise I have to run away. His square attacks should be just as punishable as everyone else's imo

Maybe it's just me
---
#6blaze19_0XPosted 3/28/2013 10:49:15 AM(edited)
In most fighting games -10 is a lot on block. Plenty to time to punish.
Problem with this game is most moves in general come out so much slower than your average fighting game, especially grounded moves.

So while -10 in general is a lot, it often isn't enough for a lot of characters in THIS game.

However, everyone can punish it with a grab now it seems as mentioned above. That means Kratos at least has to space it properly now. Oh and you have time to actually jump away now iirc. So he can't just trap you in blockstun with the string and then punish the roll.

So it's definitely much more balanced than before.
#7blaze19_0XPosted 3/28/2013 10:47:39 AM(edited)
I think the real thing that makes it so powerful is the range. Other fighting games have tons of moves that are zero on block sometimes + on block (so you have frame advantage).

But these tend to be short moves such as very close range jabs that give plenty of frame advantage on block. Something with the range of Kratos jabs is pushing it.
#8blaze19_0XPosted 3/28/2013 10:50:07 AM(edited)
Oh but there are obviously some moves that can punish the -10 on block now. Such as Evil Cole's giga punch. Just to be clear I'm saying MOST characters don't seem to have a move fast enough other than a grab to punish it at max range.
#9Potatoman622Posted 3/28/2013 10:53:11 AM
The neutral strings are pretty punishable. The only thing is I don't use them as much now unless I'm at max range. Kratos can mix it up a lot with his up and down squares. Also grabbing is a good block punish when you are pressuring them.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#10LizardheartPosted 3/28/2013 11:02:36 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
However, everyone can punish it with a grab now it seems as mentioned above..

Are you sure about EVERYONE? (I'll give you a hint: it's the one who I always say has the worst throw in the game but nobody ever listens to me cuz I'm clearly biased)
---
PSNID: Lizardheart
I represent Playstation All-Stars Arena in tournaments. forums: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php