Worst character after the patch?

#21red_latias77Posted 3/30/2013 10:21:38 AM(edited)
Toro. the last patch took away his only good lvl1 confirm & made it useless as a combo starter (divekick). He still has a good moveset but there's just no easy way to score kills with him now. he has no good hitconfirms into level 1 & it's too slow to be used raw, and his level 2's easy to avoid (but you can hit people who aren't paying attention with it in FFA! Superbot logic -_-)
---
PSASBR: Sly, Fat Princess, Toro
#22Exo_IcarusPosted 3/30/2013 10:25:00 AM
Lizardheart posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...
If you wanna talk about the character that got murdered the worst by the recent patch that's easily Nariko. She went from being a mid-high tier character low tier possibly bottom since the patch took away all of her strongest assets and left her with virtually nothing to work with.

I'm glad you said that. She was a well rounded high tier character, not mid tier(shoutouts to Blue_Baiiz for showing us her true potential) however, there was no real reason at ALL to nerf her, especially to the extent they did. Maj himself says that it was as a result of SCR's tournament results that they nerfed Nariko (and, ironically, left Kratos basically the same despite being on the same team as the Nariko). She's not THE worst but she's definitely at least bottom 5 now, which is a damn shame.

My point. She was a great character and you actually had to put in a lot of practice and work to learn how to make her awesome. Unlike Kratos you couldn't just pick her randomly and expect to raep face with her right off the bat. All of us that liked playing as her and put in all that time getting good with her and making her our best and favorite character got a massive slap in the face by that patch and no one can understand unless they've their character rendered completely unrecognizable and border-line unusable by some dumb update.

She was by no means overpowered and there was no justifiable reason for what happened to her. RIP Nariko </3
#23Myles98Posted 3/30/2013 10:27:37 AM
I don't get the balancing methods.
Surely if they balance each character for 1v1 which means each character could effectively work and they would all be able to fight well, then in turn wouldn't the game be balanced for free for all by default?
---
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#24LizardheartPosted 3/30/2013 10:32:24 AM
Myles98 posted...
Surely if they balance each character for 1v1 which means each character could effectively work and they would all be able to fight well, then in turn wouldn't the game be balanced for free for all by default?

The funny thing with that is FFA is by far the most unbalanced game mode, which is why you always see the Kratos rage when he's just "ok" in 2v2s and 1v1s. I agree completely that if they balanced it for 1v1s, naturally the game would be balanced for FFA. The problem is, they don't actually balance for game balance, which is why already mediocre characters like Toro received nerfs and already stellar characters like Good Cole got buffs.
---
PSNID: Lizardheart
I represent Playstation All-Stars Arena in tournaments. forums: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#25BluBlue4Posted 3/30/2013 4:30:47 PM
Lizardheart posted...
I'm glad you said that. She was a well rounded high tier character, not mid tier(shoutouts to Blue_Baiiz for showing us her true potential) however, there was no real reason at ALL to nerf her, especially to the extent they did. Maj himself says that it was as a result of SCR's tournament results that they nerfed Nariko (and, ironically, left Kratos basically the same despite being on the same team as the Nariko). She's not THE worst but she's definitely at least bottom 5 now, which is a damn shame.

Where is it that you all read this Maj guy's thoughts on the game?

Lizardheart posted...
Myles98 posted...

The funny thing with that is FFA is by far the most unbalanced game mode, which is why you always see the Kratos rage when he's just "ok" in 2v2s and 1v1s. I agree completely that if they balanced it for 1v1s, naturally the game would be balanced for FFA. The problem is, they don't actually balance for game balance, which is why already mediocre characters like Toro received nerfs and already stellar characters like Good Cole got buffs.

If they don't balance with gamebalance in mind then what are their goals in balancing?
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#26shadow of sonic 2001Posted 3/30/2013 4:57:40 PM
Lizardheart posted...
Myles98 posted...

Ya know, I really don't understand the Good Cole buff, no matter which mode they were balancing for. Totally unneeded.
---
Strickland Propene does not have a vending machine. It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.