Anybody wanna 1v1 vs a newbie?

#11NarukuboyPosted 3/30/2013 9:49:51 AM
Lizardheart posted...
You know Superbot screwed up with its focus when even a new player to the game prefers 1v1 instead of FFA.

Le sigh.

I'm pretty sure he plays most fighting games. I think he even has a Cole SfxT combo video featured on SRK.

So it's not strange he would prefer 1v1 or attempt to try it out.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#12LizardheartPosted 3/30/2013 9:53:57 AM
I know that but my point is that it is just a tad upsetting that people actually want 1v1 and the devs just basically tell us to screw ourselves because this is meant to be a FFA game with a 2v2 side event; 1v1, for some asinine reason, does not exist to them.

I find it ironic that even a new player realizes this game is much better in a 1v1 scenario when the developers refuse to accept that.
---
PSNID: Lizardheart
I represent Playstation All-Stars Arena in tournaments. forums: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#13Emilio the AngelPosted 3/30/2013 9:58:46 AM
I'd be willing to play 1v1 against you, TC. I'm a complete noob online in this game, save very few matches to get the online trophies. My PSN ID is: OvO_Nyctea_OvO

On a previous message: I actually seek this game out for the FFA modes only, as I think it's the point of the game. The more you reduce the chaotic nature (which equals more fun to me, at least) of FFA, the more broken and unbalanced the game turns, IMO.

In 1v1, the flaws and strengths of each character shine bright, but that's to be expected because every character has a very different playing style. So much, in fact, that the simple picture of Raiden vs. Toro on 1v1 is sad indeed. It's not fair for Toro and other characters I like (Sackboy, Sweettooth, BigDaddy and Radec), but that's why I never play 1v1; nor am I going to bend and start using Kratos or Raiden just to win. Oh, how I HATE Raiden! D:< He destroyed the Metal Gear series back in 2001 with MGS2.

Anyway... SSM can release a multitude of patches for this game, but I think the only one that can bring real balance to the game in all modes is getting rid of each and every Hit Confirm. Once that is done, they could tweak the lv 1 supers ala BigDaddy 1.10, which still isn't a 100% guaranteed kill. They ARE lv 1, after all, they SHOULD NOT be the easiest way of getting kills! (>.<)
---
XBox 360 Gamertag: Rol X box360
PSN ID: OvO_Nyctea_OvO
#14ShorydoukenPosted 3/30/2013 10:00:17 AM
Aalz-7 posted...
You can add me if you want ill also be using hei

Same, but I'll usually switch to Isaac or Sweet Tooth. PSN in sig.
---
Not changing this sig 'till I beat Lucario's Jak once, and Crab's G.cole once. Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy. I lost a bet to SkeletonSackboy.
PSN:Luigifan20
#15Boodendorf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 11:26:58 AM
Alright I'll add you guys later once I can play again some more.
---
PSN ID: Boo-ZAWARUDO
MHTri ID : UT9LMJ EU Servers currently HR : 53+
#16Boodendorf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:53:35 AM
Bumping the thread, trying out Drake today, anybody up for some games?
---
#17Fatal_AtlasPosted 3/31/2013 12:06:04 PM
I'm up. I'll be using Isaac. My PSN is Azazel_Hellion.
---
Cooking means always risking your life! Boom!
#18Boodendorf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:18:56 PM
Fatal_Atlas posted...

Alright, adding you.
---
#19Boodendorf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:23:35 PM
Fatal_Atlas posted...

I'm not sure if you're actually offline or if it's a bug and I can't see you. I tried to invite you though.
---
#20blaze19_0XPosted 3/31/2013 12:51:39 PM(edited)
Lizardheart posted...
I know that but my point is that it is just a tad upsetting that people actually want 1v1 and the devs just basically tell us to screw ourselves because this is meant to be a FFA game with a 2v2 side event; 1v1, for some asinine reason, does not exist to them.

I find it ironic that even a new player realizes this game is much better in a 1v1 scenario when the developers refuse to accept that.

This has been mentioned before but it's worth noting again.

This game doesn't try to hide 1vs1 at all. It's clearly not ashamed of it. The first match you do in Arcade is 1vs1, the rival match is 1vs1 and the final battle starts off as a 1vs1 and can end as a 1vs1. And those are the most memorable portions of any arcade run in any game. The biggest chunk of combat trials are 1vs1.

This game also the type of combo potential that takes time and space to execute. Definitely not something always super viable for the chaotic nature of FFA.

So one can't simply say "oh but this game wasn't intended around 1vs1 at all" the rest of the game directly contradicts this.

Thus, it makes even LESS sense for their not to be 1vs1 ranked. When the rest of the game is warming you up to it constantly.

But we kind of know the reason now. The actual developers DID want more support for 1vs1 but the higherups wouldn't let them, they said FFA had to come first because they no doubt thought it would appeal to a bigger audience.