Spike midlife crisis.

#1PirateKing290Posted 3/31/2013 12:41:46 AM
Okay, a little over exaggerated title but thats okay.

I played today after a little bit and ...I dont know :/.

I could win most of my matches (played alot of FFA Stock, usually got most kills and was among the final 2) but it just seems so much HARDER. I can tell against consistent 1v1 players I'd struggle now since his 'nerf' and I'm sure he can't be as reliable a partner in 2v2 as he was before (big deal for me, I love me some 2v2).

Spike just isn't the same, like the patch molested him and he just can't cope.

His most practical HC seems so hard to pull off now, you have to be literally right next to the ground.

His little jump RC car stun HC is pretty impractical , and a bit hard to pull off, though I havent invested much time to learning it.

His level 2 STILL SUCKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH. You guys dont understand how much I hate this move. The explosion is a nice touch, but any level 2 you can just ROLL your way through and jump away just isn't balanced. Every single other level 2 has way less skill involved and is much more risk free.

I don't know, guys. Help me out Spike mains. How are you coping? Whats your gameplan as far as supers go?
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#2holysquidPosted 3/31/2013 12:44:35 AM
Spike and Dante's level 2s are both terrible.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#3PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:46:25 AM
holysquid posted...

At least Dante has a multi kill level 3 :/.

And Dante's level 2 seems muchhh faster. It seems harder to dodge through.
---
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#4holysquidPosted 3/31/2013 12:47:47 AM
PirateKing290 posted...
holysquid posted...

I think it's about the same. It has less range, both horizontally and vertically, and has an easy telegraph. Pretty much just dodge right when he activates it, but since Spike's is slower it can sometimes catch people off guard like that.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#5PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:49:35 AM
holysquid posted...
PirateKing290 posted...
holysquid posted...

I think it's about the same. It has less range, both horizontally and vertically, and has an easy telegraph. Pretty much just dodge right when he activates it, but since Spike's is slower it can sometimes catch people off guard like that.

Hmm you know, youre probably right. Still, empty cancel is still a thing right? Makes him a little more reliable, and again, any level 3 that can kill more than once is better than those insta kill ones.
---
#6latimasterPosted 3/31/2013 1:02:04 AM
PirateKing290 posted...
Okay, a little over exaggerated title but thats okay.

I played today after a little bit and ...I dont know :/.

I could win most of my matches (played alot of FFA Stock, usually got most kills and was among the final 2) but it just seems so much HARDER. I can tell against consistent 1v1 players I'd struggle now since his 'nerf' and I'm sure he can't be as reliable a partner in 2v2 as he was before (big deal for me, I love me some 2v2).

Spike just isn't the same, like the patch molested him and he just can't cope.

His most practical HC seems so hard to pull off now, you have to be literally right next to the ground.

His little jump RC car stun HC is pretty impractical , and a bit hard to pull off, though I havent invested much time to learning it.

His level 2 STILL SUCKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH. You guys dont understand how much I hate this move. The explosion is a nice touch, but any level 2 you can just ROLL your way through and jump away just isn't balanced. Every single other level 2 has way less skill involved and is much more risk free.

I don't know, guys. Help me out Spike mains. How are you coping? Whats your gameplan as far as supers go?

I thought I was the only one who felt like this. He just feels kinda slow and off now
#7ArthurZero12Posted 3/31/2013 2:09:24 AM
I do hope you can come back to him PirateKing, we'll miss you for sure. Until then, it was fun having you as another spike player :D
#8LanceDrakePosted 3/31/2013 2:11:59 AM
I had a mid life crisis with Jak and switched to Spike, oddly enough. I'm having more fun with him, given it's easier to rack up AP. Having a level 3 which guarantees kills can be a blessing and a curse, as well.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#9LeagultPosted 3/31/2013 4:49:10 AM
For Spike's level 2, you're supposed to time it when people are in the air landing. Kinda like in SF, where players would land on hadoukens.
#10KingTumbleweedPosted 3/31/2013 4:55:10 AM
I felt the same way when the patch came out.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams