So Kat is the new Drake eh?

#11DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 3/31/2013 5:13:56 PM
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
Lol, people getting beat the f up by Kat players and come here to complain. Kat is so easy to punish, and you will not win in FFA or 2v2 if there's at least one good player against you, shes only op against people that know how to block, dodge, and grab. You should really try blocking and before coming here to complain.
Disclaimer: I am a noob, but i know the basics well enough to know that Kat is really easy to punish.

She's only op against people that DON'T know*
---
This board is filled with buttholes.
#12Pink_a_Dink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 5:18:20 PM
Lol, people getting beat the f up by Kat players and come here to complain. Kat is so easy to punish, and you will not win in FFA or 2v2 if there's at least one good player against you, shes only op against people that know how to block, dodge, and grab. You should really try blocking and before coming here to complain.
Disclaimer: I am a noob, but i know the basics well enough to know that Kat is really easy to punish.

Just because someone is easy to punish doesn't make them any less of a pain. She could just repeat the same brain dead combo like most Kats do; squarex3, down circle, squarex3, triangle, up triangle. Almost all the Kat's I play with just spam that constantly. I do block, but I'm not gonna spend the whole entire match blocking, and fact is once she gets the first hit that's it, she's gonna finish the whole combo because of how easy it is to do. She could also combo off of her dive kick which is easily spammable. Not even Drake was this bad before the patch, they've made her WAY too easy to play with, to the point where its not even fun to fight against Kats.
---
PSN: Internoob
http://a.wattpad.net/cover/4556234-256-k903463.jpg ----- Hai.
#13LightEcoSagePosted 3/31/2013 5:19:37 PM

Not every character can deal with her you know as well. But from your comment it seems you haven't faced a good Kat. If I may I could recommend you some great Kat players that will give you a hard time.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#14redskinsrock26Posted 3/31/2013 5:21:08 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...

Just because someone is easy to punish doesn't make them any less of a pain. She could just repeat the same brain dead combo like most Kats do; squarex3, down circle, squarex3, triangle, up triangle. Almost all the Kat's I play with just spam that constantly. I do block, but I'm not gonna spend the whole entire match blocking, and fact is once she gets the first hit that's it, she's gonna finish the whole combo because of how easy it is to do. She could also combo off of her dive kick which is easily spammable. Not even Drake was this bad before the patch, they've made her WAY too easy to play with, to the point where its not even fun to fight against Kats.

I've never thought of Drake being that easy to get brain dead AP bursts with. That title has always belonged to Kratos.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#15naruko243Posted 3/31/2013 5:22:12 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
Kat isnt anywhere near OP in FFA or 2v2, its just 1v1 where she's a problem.

Actually she is a problem in all modes. 2v2 is ALMOST just as bad as 1v1. FFA shes a little better then average because her Level 2 is easily able to get at least 2 kills depending on stage and her gravity is capable of linking multiple people if close enough. So if a Raiden and Heihachi are fighting she can get both and combo both.

Kat is a character who builds AP like a god and has easy AP burst combo's. She's easily a big thereat in FFA if you actually take the time to think about her moves, strategies, etc.

Unfortunately most of these strategies rely on the opponents not being very good, her lv 2 is fairly easy to dodge if you know how and these easy ap burst combos only work if noone interrupts you which does not happen that often, in FFa she is bellow the likes of characters like Raiden,Kratos,sly,Evil cole, and once people start learning of zeus's roll extension and isaacs' gun loop and recently discovered lv 1 grab HC them. in 2v2 she is at most on the level of those characters but a good team can get around her much easier
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#16Lucarioaura22Posted 3/31/2013 5:23:06 PM

The noob Kat players are the easy ones to punish. She simply has great openers and can AP burst off of practically anything. In 2v2, her disruptive abilities are great and her down circle is a f****** pain! Lol didn't think you'd make a topic on this already =P

Kat is pretty much broken and I bet a goldfish can be trained to play her.
---
We do what we must.................
#17naruko243Posted 3/31/2013 5:24:11 PM

She's only op against people that DON'T know*

If your good with kat then she is just plain OP, im not saying you are not good and maybe this is because of the people using them but face dabuz or lizardhearts kat and you will see the full extent of what she can do
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#18LightEcoSagePosted 3/31/2013 5:35:32 PM(edited)
naruko243 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
Kat isnt anywhere near OP in FFA or 2v2, its just 1v1 where she's a problem.

Actually she is a problem in all modes. 2v2 is ALMOST just as bad as 1v1. FFA shes a little better then average because her Level 2 is easily able to get at least 2 kills depending on stage and her gravity is capable of linking multiple people if close enough. So if a Raiden and Heihachi are fighting she can get both and combo both.

Kat is a character who builds AP like a god and has easy AP burst combo's. She's easily a big thereat in FFA if you actually take the time to think about her moves, strategies, etc.

Unfortunately most of these strategies rely on the opponents not being very good, her lv 2 is fairly easy to dodge if you know how and these easy ap burst combos only work if noone interrupts you which does not happen that often, in FFa she is bellow the likes of characters like Raiden,Kratos,sly,Evil cole, and once people start learning of zeus's roll extension and isaacs' gun loop and recently discovered lv 1 grab HC them. in 2v2 she is at most on the level of those characters but a good team can get around her much easier

Her Level 2 is not easy to dodge like I said depending on the map and on how close you are to her. Sorry but you're not fully correct on this matter. A guy can be good it doesn't matter! There are 2 other players in the game that Kat can take advantage of. Like I said you have to think before actually just thinking what you think you know. With Kat's speed and mobility she can trick/bait up people to roll or take someone from another opponent and combo him/her. And you apparently haven't seen the Kat players can who can get AP burst through air combos. I know its FFA, but you are overestimating the whole interrupter table possibility. Not every long combo gets interrupted.

Kat's can combo off 1 hitters and turn it into an AP burst like a skilled Parappa, can Ap burst off a grab, KC of a grab, has ToD moves, has godly AP gain, cheap frames, etc. She is a threat in FFA. That is the point here. I'm assuming you haven't faced skilled caution Kat players?
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#19DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 3/31/2013 5:38:01 PM
You guys are right, I haven't played against a good Kat player, so I really don't know what she can do. I use her occasionally and I don't do very well because, like I said, I'm not very good and I get punished easily. If a good Kat player reads this can you add me? I'd like to see it with my own eyes.
Btw, you guys mention her brain dead combos, tell me a character in this game that doesn't have brain dead combos who everyone who uses said character relies on? Dante's squarex3 up square...
This game is full of brain dead combos because it isn't a proper fighter so complaining about that IMO, isn't valid in this game.
---
This board is filled with buttholes.
#20Pink_a_Dink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 5:40:04 PM
You guys are right, I haven't played against a good Kat player, so I really don't know what she can do. I use her occasionally and I don't do very well because, like I said, I'm not very good and I get punished easily. If a good Kat player reads this can you add me? I'd like to see it with my own eyes.
Btw, you guys mention her brain dead combos, tell me a character in this game that doesn't have brain dead combos who everyone who uses said character relies on? Dante's squarex3 up square...
This game is full of brain dead combos because it isn't a proper fighter so complaining about that IMO, isn't valid in this game.

Both Coles have some pretty crazy complicated combos. A skilled Kratos can do crazy combos.
---
PSN: Internoob
http://a.wattpad.net/cover/4556234-256-k903463.jpg ----- Hai.