So Kat is the new Drake eh?

#21LizardheartPosted 3/31/2013 6:40:26 PM
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
Lol, people getting beat the f up by Kat players and come here to complain. Kat is so easy to punish, and you will not win in FFA or 2v2 if there's at least one good player against you, shes only op against people that know how to block, dodge, and grab. You should really try blocking and before coming here to complain.
Disclaimer: I am a noob, but i know the basics well enough to know that Kat is really easy to punish.

She's only op against people that DON'T know*

You clearly have never seen a competent Kat and before you say "I beat a 999 Kat", I mirror matches a 999 Kat today who thought he was the best Kat; he never used debris, knew very few combos and couldn't take a stock off me.

A lot of people suck with Kat; that doesn't make the character not a broken sack of garbage.

I know Kat inside and out; frankly, I was a major player in making her a broken character (I found her ToDs pre and post patch as well as being able to AP burst from virtually any hit at any height). There's a reason why Kat always places higher than any other non-Kat character in 1v1 tournaments where she is legal.
---
PSNID: Lizardheart
I represent Playstation All-Stars Arena in tournaments. forums: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#22Lucarioaura22Posted 3/31/2013 6:48:51 PM
So everyone should be in agreement when I say Kat is a broken piece of **** and an plague on the All-Star community. The only way to keep your sanity is to eliminate her ASAP! We get heavily UP characters like Jak, Sir Dan, Toro, and Radec but we have ridiculously OP characters like Kat who still are fine from balance patches. The OP get even more OP and UP characters get a broken leg? WTF kind of monkey logic is that?! I swear SuperBot is on a drug they themselves have created and it's probably called "Stay tuned".
---
We do what we must.................
#23naruko243Posted 3/31/2013 6:58:04 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
Kat isnt anywhere near OP in FFA or 2v2, its just 1v1 where she's a problem.

Actually she is a problem in all modes. 2v2 is ALMOST just as bad as 1v1. FFA shes a little better then average because her Level 2 is easily able to get at least 2 kills depending on stage and her gravity is capable of linking multiple people if close enough. So if a Raiden and Heihachi are fighting she can get both and combo both.

Kat is a character who builds AP like a god and has easy AP burst combo's. She's easily a big thereat in FFA if you actually take the time to think about her moves, strategies, etc.

Unfortunately most of these strategies rely on the opponents not being very good, her lv 2 is fairly easy to dodge if you know how and these easy ap burst combos only work if noone interrupts you which does not happen that often, in FFa she is bellow the likes of characters like Raiden,Kratos,sly,Evil cole, and once people start learning of zeus's roll extension and isaacs' gun loop and recently discovered lv 1 grab HC them. in 2v2 she is at most on the level of those characters but a good team can get around her much easier

Her Level 2 is not easy to dodge like I said depending on the map and on how close you are to her. Sorry but you're not fully correct on this matter. A guy can be good it doesn't matter! There are 2 other players in the game that Kat can take advantage of. Like I said you have to think before actually just thinking what you think you know. With Kat's speed and mobility she can trick/bait up people to roll or take someone from another opponent and combo him/her. And you apparently haven't seen the Kat players can who can get AP burst through air combos. I know its FFA, but you are overestimating the whole interrupter table possibility. Not every long combo gets interrupted.

Kat's can combo off 1 hitters and turn it into an AP burst like a skilled Parappa, can Ap burst off a grab, KC of a grab, has ToD moves, has godly AP gain, cheap frames, etc. She is a threat in FFA. That is the point here. I'm assuming you haven't faced skilled caution Kat players?

In ffa? no i have not faced a single kat player who has given me any reason to believe she is broken in this category, i have faced skilled kat players however and in a match where everyone is at a decent skill level, her lv 2 which while not being a bad super is not all too hard to dodge, a lot of those points that make Kat such an overbearing force on only one person, currently in the game id say there are 6 characters who can Burst of a grab, 3 who can Hc off their grab, and 2 of those are can do both. im not saying cant isnt a threat but she is not nearly as OP as she is in a 1v1 where she can shut anyone down without a chance.
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#24LightEcoSagePosted 3/31/2013 7:13:47 PM
naruko243 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
naruko243 posted...
Kat isnt anywhere near OP in FFA or 2v2, its just 1v1 where she's a problem.

Actually she is a problem in all modes. 2v2 is ALMOST just as bad as 1v1. FFA shes a little better then average because her Level 2 is easily able to get at least 2 kills depending on stage and her gravity is capable of linking multiple people if close enough. So if a Raiden and Heihachi are fighting she can get both and combo both.

Kat is a character who builds AP like a god and has easy AP burst combo's. She's easily a big thereat in FFA if you actually take the time to think about her moves, strategies, etc.

Unfortunately most of these strategies rely on the opponents not being very good, her lv 2 is fairly easy to dodge if you know how and these easy ap burst combos only work if noone interrupts you which does not happen that often, in FFa she is bellow the likes of characters like Raiden,Kratos,sly,Evil cole, and once people start learning of zeus's roll extension and isaacs' gun loop and recently discovered lv 1 grab HC them. in 2v2 she is at most on the level of those characters but a good team can get around her much easier

Her Level 2 is not easy to dodge like I said depending on the map and on how close you are to her. Sorry but you're not fully correct on this matter. A guy can be good it doesn't matter! There are 2 other players in the game that Kat can take advantage of. Like I said you have to think before actually just thinking what you think you know. With Kat's speed and mobility she can trick/bait up people to roll or take someone from another opponent and combo him/her. And you apparently haven't seen the Kat players can who can get AP burst through air combos. I know its FFA, but you are overestimating the whole interrupter table possibility. Not every long combo gets interrupted.

Kat's can combo off 1 hitters and turn it into an AP burst like a skilled Parappa, can Ap burst off a grab, KC of a grab, has ToD moves, has godly AP gain, cheap frames, etc. She is a threat in FFA. That is the point here. I'm assuming you haven't faced skilled caution Kat players?

In ffa? no i have not faced a single kat player who has given me any reason to believe she is broken in this category, i have faced skilled kat players however and in a match where everyone is at a decent skill level, her lv 2 which while not being a bad super is not all too hard to dodge, a lot of those points that make Kat such an overbearing force on only one person, currently in the game id say there are 6 characters who can Burst of a grab, 3 who can Hc off their grab, and 2 of those are can do both. im not saying cant isnt a threat but she is not nearly as OP as she is in a 1v1 where she can shut anyone down without a chance.

Sighs..
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y