Nariko User turned Evil..

#41gamerk9-16Posted 4/5/2013 4:17:41 PM
i hope i don't get bombarded with insults for saying this but nariko is #3 sub i mainly use her for fun but every since the patch i haven't really noticed anything nerfed about her XD most likely bcuz i dont play her all the time
#42fulcar95Posted 4/5/2013 5:35:54 PM
tripp2300 posted...
@Fulcar, so basically she is less safe now? I get that but doesn't that just mean it even more rewarding when you win? I mean I still ap burst. The starting moves are completeley unsafe though. D2 was probably better in that regard. Why does she need D1 and D3 to do basically same thing, and have same recovery time? D1 just has shorter range and pops them up but can still combo into neutral 3. Overall I'm quite enjoying my time with her, and my 2v2 partner is actually coming around to me using her.

She lost over half her ap burst combos because of the air down triangle nerf, so you pretty much HAVE to do the same one even if you use a different combo starter, like D1, air D1, or air D3. It's also bad because the one she has left relies on two neutral circles, meaning its her slowest one and leaves her wide open for any kind of punishment. She's practically the new Dante before his buff, just pretty slow and easy to punish. She doesn't have anything going for her anymore, even her lvl 3 was nerfed.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#43tripp2300Posted 4/5/2013 5:53:54 PM
fulcar95 posted...
tripp2300 posted...
@Fulcar, so basically she is less safe now? I get that but doesn't that just mean it even more rewarding when you win? I mean I still ap burst. The starting moves are completeley unsafe though. D2 was probably better in that regard. Why does she need D1 and D3 to do basically same thing, and have same recovery time? D1 just has shorter range and pops them up but can still combo into neutral 3. Overall I'm quite enjoying my time with her, and my 2v2 partner is actually coming around to me using her.

She lost over half her ap burst combos because of the air down triangle nerf, so you pretty much HAVE to do the same one even if you use a different combo starter, like D1, air D1, or air D3. It's also bad because the one she has left relies on two neutral circles, meaning its her slowest one and leaves her wide open for any kind of punishment. She's practically the new Dante before his buff, just pretty slow and easy to punish. She doesn't have anything going for her anymore, even her lvl 3 was nerfed.

Glad I'm not one to care whether a character is considered good or not then. Could you not do those combo's still if your opponent is grounded? If you don't mind, name a few so I can play around? Or point me to a video?

I don't think AP bursts are necessary for a character to be good btw. Some can just rely on pokes. As for the level 3 I still get 5 kills in 2v2's on occasion, so it isn't so bad. But I do get your point, she got worse, it sucks, but we have to try other ways to make her still ok. Or move on, like TC did.
#44MIKEIVVI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:27:25 AM
tripp2300 posted...
fulcar95 posted...
tripp2300 posted...

Glad I'm not one to care whether a character is considered good or not then. Could you not do those combo's still if your opponent is grounded? If you don't mind, name a few so I can play around? Or point me to a video?

I don't think AP bursts are necessary for a character to be good btw. Some can just rely on pokes. As for the level 3 I still get 5 kills in 2v2's on occasion, so it isn't so bad. But I do get your point, she got worse, it sucks, but we have to try other ways to make her still ok. Or move on, like TC did.

I think youre missing him, Nariko was a character that heavily relied on her lvl 3 special in order to even contribute kills to the scoreboard(thou her lvl1 is fun in FFA) which makes ap bursting as important to her seeing as how her ap generation is among the slowest in the friggin game. You may appreciate the remnets of what used to be a versitile character because you probrobly dont know how many different combos could occur in so many different situations thanks to that Down Triangle. So basically every nariko is going to spam the same combo or a similar one due to the lack of variety she now has. She's been rendered inefficient in comparison with other characters. What good does it do for me to beat you senseless all match just to use a shorter version of my once beloved lvl3 which is now her SECOND best super. Her lvl 2 is the best imo but, its still a crappy special
#45disterbedonePosted 4/6/2013 4:05:46 AM
Mikeivvi maybe you should drop.e Cole me and another partner using sweet tooth demolished you AGAIN I was using Isaac and taking Hella trash
---
PSN teabagfury
PSASBR main good Cole
#46fulcar95Posted 4/6/2013 5:51:44 AM
MIKEIVVI posted...
tripp2300 posted...
fulcar95 posted...
tripp2300 posted...

I think youre missing him, Nariko was a character that heavily relied on her lvl 3 special in order to even contribute kills to the scoreboard(thou her lvl1 is fun in FFA) which makes ap bursting as important to her seeing as how her ap generation is among the slowest in the friggin game. You may appreciate the remnets of what used to be a versitile character because you probrobly dont know how many different combos could occur in so many different situations thanks to that Down Triangle. So basically every nariko is going to spam the same combo or a similar one due to the lack of variety she now has. She's been rendered inefficient in comparison with other characters. What good does it do for me to beat you senseless all match just to use a shorter version of my once beloved lvl3 which is now her SECOND best super. Her lvl 2 is the best imo but, its still a crappy special

http://youtu.be/U5c9qYYl7EI
Here's a video. She lost more than half of these combos, in fact only two still work. Since kills are required to win, supers are important, meaning building meter for those supers is important, so having AP burst combos or high AP giving moves are very important for every character. Nariko doesn't have the latter, nor does she have any hit confirms into her lvl 1 or 2. She used to before the patch, but not anymore. I used to be able to reach my lvl 3 twice every other game, now its a struggle just to reach one, especially since her lvl 3 was nerfed. My games used to end like this often:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/fulcar95/IMG_20130205_092737_zpsa9b6c25c.jpg
But now even in quick match I've been getting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to people who have much lower belts and non-999 characters. It's a shame.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#47MIKEIVVI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:58:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#48disterbedonePosted 4/6/2013 2:15:02 PM
#49MIKEIVVI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:18:02 PM
#50disterbedonePosted 4/6/2013 2:27:39 PM