2v2 getting pretty dry.

#21grzajabarkusPosted 4/4/2013 7:23:25 AM
Why all the hate for ranked ffa? It still takes skill to win.
#22DryGuy84Posted 4/4/2013 8:03:37 AM
I'm Dry and I find this offensive
---
"You people are unbelievable!" -Isaac Clarke
Mains: Sweet Tooth, Big Daddy, PaRappa, and now Isaac
#23ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/4/2013 9:04:51 AM
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#24blazin640Posted 4/4/2013 9:16:56 AM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao

So it doesn't take skill as a Jak, Sir Dan, Spike, etc? Yeah that outta keep you quiet. And yes it does. Depends on your opponents. What you're saying is that a no skilled Kratos could easily beat smart opponents? No.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#25LanceDrakePosted 4/4/2013 9:20:59 AM
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao

So it doesn't take skill as a Jak, Sir Dan, Spike, etc? Yeah that outta keep you quiet. And yes it does. Depends on your opponents. What you're saying is that a no skilled Kratos could easily beat smart opponents? No.

What he's saying is, there's a ton of luck involved. Since items and stage hazards are always on, you can end up getting insanely screwed over by bad luck.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#26KarstienPosted 4/4/2013 9:28:29 AM
LanceDrake posted...
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao

What he's saying is, there's a ton of luck involved. Since items and stage hazards are always on, you can end up getting insanely screwed over by bad luck.

This.

Of course, being skilled tips them in your favour, but there is way too much luck involved, and the more skilled player is likely to be targeted first too. Example: Myself, my 2v2 partner Tripp and Lucario had a few FFA matches, just the three of us, and while he clearly outmatches us both, in that, it was all pretty much even. Hell, Tripp beat us with a Big Daddy, despite it being his first time using him, and we all dies in some pretty crappy ways, and that's without adding hazards and items to the mix. When we tried 1v1ing him...good lord, please don't make me do that again...
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#27blazin640Posted 4/4/2013 9:31:31 AM
LanceDrake posted...
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao

But what does that have to do with no skill? Items can turn the tide of a match, but you still need to work and play smart to win. Medusa head definitely fits into your argument though.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#28LanceDrakePosted 4/4/2013 9:33:55 AM
LanceDrake posted...
grzajabarkus posted...

lmfao

But what does that have to do with no skill? Items can turn the tide of a match, but you still need to work and play smart to win. Medusa head definitely fits into your argument though.

You're right, skill is involved, of course, but the fact that dumb luck such as being knocked into an AP draining stage hazard when near your level 3, or all the good items seem to consistently spawn near the other players, it just has too much of an influence on the outcome of a match.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#29tscooktPosted 4/4/2013 9:34:04 AM
G-Scythe posted...
Something being dry has never stopped me from having my fun

Bahahahaha

Why has this gone unquoted until now?!
---
PSN: timscook
#30LanceDrakePosted 4/4/2013 9:35:41 AM
G-Scythe posted...