To be honest if they ever added 1vs1 we would get 1000X the complaints.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 4/4/2013 3:59:47 PM
FFA lets you get away with a lot of stuff that will never work against good players in 1vs1. Even in the rare occasion your typical FFA player meets a great player in FFA, he can simply avoid him alltogether and go chase the lesser players. Sure he might not win but he never was forced to deal with said good player.

So FFA really gives zero incentive for said player to get better. Thus never learning from their mistakes.

Most players would have to completely change the way they play and view the game for 1vs1 as so much of what they do is fundamentally bad. And your typical player, especially that bought this game, will unlikely be able to do this.

As a result this board would be flooded everyday with:

"zomg cheap players spamming 1vs1 sux"
"zomg I keep using X move and it doesn't work wtf hax 1vs1 sux"
"zomg no room to breathe players won't let me escape how cheap 1vs1 sux"
"zomg X punishable move I can't deal with is OP and broken nerf PLZ 1vs1 sux!!!"

Just to scratch the surface.
#2hyperknees91Posted 4/4/2013 4:02:52 PM
This game is too unbalanced for 1v1. Certain characters just aren't meant to be very good at it.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#3Hopeful_PhoenixPosted 4/4/2013 4:04:27 PM
I disagree. Many people complain about Kratos or Sly.

Nothing will change because the characters people complain about are either just as, or less annoying in 1v1.

And the average Squaretos doesn't come here anyway.
---
No mtater hte odrer of hte wrdos, one acn raed a prahse as lnog as hte strat nad ends are rogenicazble.
#4LanceDrakePosted 4/4/2013 4:04:35 PM
This game is too unbalanced for 1v1. Certain characters just aren't meant to be very good at it.

This.

2v2 is the only real mode where character imbalances are not as apparent. They are much more obvious in FFA, and even more so in 1v1.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:06:14 PM
hyperknees91 posted...

At least 70% of the cast is viable for 1vs1.

That's already better than most fighters.
#6CChoochPosted 4/4/2013 4:07:00 PM
The more I play 1v1 the more I think the reason there is no 1v1 match making is because it's easily the worst way to play the game.
---
PSN: RadRed
#7DavidgraymanPosted 4/4/2013 4:13:35 PM
CChooch posted...
The more I play 1v1 the more I think the reason there is no 1v1 match making is because it's easily the worst way to play the game.

---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/cyraxwin
#8hyperknees91Posted 4/4/2013 4:16:45 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
hyperknees91 posted...

At least 70% of the cast is viable for 1vs1.

That's already better than most fighters.

Assuming they fix Kat that is.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#9FLAME_OF_LEECAPosted 4/4/2013 4:18:25 PM
Its a party fighting game for gods sake! no need for a 1v1 mode D:
---
PSN: Adelflame
Every board has its trolls, and you, who is reading this, could be their next victim
#10Chojuro7SwordPosted 4/4/2013 4:23:56 PM
I agree. There would definitely be thousands of complaints. Especially with the various number of hit confirms in the game. I main Dante. If I get you in my neutral square combo, it's a wrap.

Hit confirms & character imbalances are already annoying as is. In a 1v1 mode situation, it'll become even more apparent how unblanced this game is.