Discuss The Balance (1v1) Day 9: Evil Cole

#21sinxsaderPosted 4/6/2013 8:48:19 PM
Top tier=god tier.

And i'm not going to disagree. They're both OP in their own ways. E.cole has a stronger zoning game than G.cole but G.cole might overall be better the freeze attack is almost like a giga punch too and G.cole has a better lvl 1 and he can just use down square--->freeze--->lvl1. That's one of his many setups.
---
PSN: sinxsader27 PSABR Main: Kat, Currently learning: Dante
It's clobberin time!!!
#22blaze19_0XPosted 4/6/2013 8:53:59 PM(edited)
No, the tiers generally go like this:

God Tier
Top Tier
High Tier
Mid Tier
Low Tier

God tier is usually used to refer to one character that's clearly better than the rest by a significant amount. So not every fighting game needs a God tier option but some are pretty apparent like Kat in PSASBR and MetaKnight in Brawl.

Sometimes the distinction of Borderline tier (between high and mid) and bottom tier (lower than low tier) are needed.
#23tripp2300Posted 4/6/2013 8:54:33 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

God Tier
Top Tier
High Tier
Mid Tier
Low Tier

God tier is usually used to refer to one character that's clearly better than the rest by a significant amount. So not every fighting game needs a God tier option but some are pretty apparent like Kat in PSASBR and MetaKnight in Brawl.

Metaknight is not even that good though...
#24mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:06:34 PM(edited)
tripp2300 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

God Tier
Top Tier
High Tier
Mid Tier
Low Tier

Metaknight is not even that good though...

Metaknight is literally so good he has only good match ups (Except for Zero Suit Samus,which still isn't even official yet), if you look at the Brawl competitive scene, every single player that is playing just to win is pretty much playing Meta Knight in the tournaments where he is not banned (Which are not many).

Still, I don't think Kat is just as good in this game as Meta Knight is in Brawl, but if she gets a lot more top tier votes than other top tier candidates (Such as E. Cole himself) when I make the official community tier List I'l make a new tier for her
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
PSN: Cardender
#25blaze19_0XPosted 4/6/2013 9:06:01 PM(edited)
Metaknight is no longer banned anywhere.

But yes, he has no bad matchups including Zero Suit (still in his favour), being the only character where this is the case. And no bad stages for that matter either, picking janky stages only makes him even better.

The community had to reduce the stagelist and create several specific rules just to keep him legal.
#26mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:09:19 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Metaknight is no longer banned anywhere.

But yes, he has no bad matchups including Zero Suit (still in his favour), being the only character where this is the case. And no bad stages for that matter either, picking janky stages only makes him even better.

The community had to reduce the stagelist and create several specific rules just to keep him legal.

Huh, I did not know he was unbanned. Seems like an interesting choice by tournament organizers since I'm looking at recent tournaments for Brawl and he is everywhere >_<
---
#27blaze19_0XPosted 4/6/2013 9:12:21 PM
Well he's certainly beatable. That's the main reason why. Just about every top MK player was at Apex 2013 and MK didn't win it.

But he just pretty much always has the advantage. And thus tends to dominate overall results .
#28mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:15:32 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Well he's certainly beatable. That's the main reason why. Just about every top MK player was at Apex 2013 and MK didn't win it.

But he just pretty much always has the advantage. And thus tends to dominate overall results .

Still, from watching Apex, I still think the only reason MK didn't win was that players like Salem are just so good at the game that they can handle the matchup, but still, I don't think a character that is pretty much superior to every other character in almost all situations should be allowed even if it is possible to beat him
---
#29blaze19_0XPosted 4/6/2013 9:22:55 PM(edited)
mariofilho12 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Still, from watching Apex, I still think the only reason MK didn't win was that players like Salem are just so good at the game that they can handle the matchup, but still, I don't think a character that is pretty much superior to every other character in almost all situations should be allowed even if it is possible to beat him

Salem goes back and forth with top MKs now. He wins some, he loses some. And he's not the only non-MK player that has beaten top MKs either.

And yeah, it's a debate the Brawl community has been having for years and I suspect other communities as well.If a character is significantly better than the rest of the cast...should they be allowed?

I'm personally anti-ban because I don't like the idea of banning whatever you can't beat because it's a poor mindset to fall into, even if they have the advantage in almost every situation.

The only reason I agree with the Kat ban is because she's glitched online. So it's not even a question of balance, it's a question of legit results.