Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) Moveset Complete Version. (Some SotC spoilers)

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/7/2013 2:15:30 PM
The man who slayed sixteen Colossi to save a maiden- Wander!

Wander- Shadow of the Colossus

Default- His appearance at the start of SotC- (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/0/2579/1122009-wanda.jpg)
Alt 1- Shaman'sCloak and Mask- (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120716013522/teamico/images/0/01/WanderShaman.jpg)
Alt 2- Fully corrupted Wander- (http://mmoattack.com/uploads/Wander-Corrupted.jpg)
Alt 3- Ico's clothing and horns- (http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/02/ico.jpg) (honestly just couldn't find another costume specifically for him that looked different enough)

Wander is a bit of an all around fighter, however due to not being a competent swordsman he is a far better archer, yet can still hold his own in melee combat. Is around Kratos's height (when he's hunched over in his idle stance) though a bit shorter, moves about an average speed. Holds whatever weapon he most recently used (sword, bow, or harpoon.)

Idle stance- Wander is in his SotC idle stance.

Idle animation- Wander admires his sword.

Running animation- Does his running animation from SotC.

Block animation- Holds up his sword (yet in a stance that wouldn't block very well realistically).

Dodge animation- Does his roll from SotC.

Jump animation- Does his basic jump. Double jump is a similar jump animation.

Crouch animation- Does his crouch form SotC.

Square-

Neutral- Double Slash- 2 hit, 1 hit in air- Wander swings vertically downwards with his sword, then does a second vertical downwards slash (both the same movement, second strike uses two hands. Has a bit of forward momentum. First hit flinches, second puts enemies in a hard knockdown. Air version he does a single vertical swipe downwards that knocks enemies straight down. Can leave him a bit open due to not having a good form.

Side- Lunging Stab- 1 hit, 2 hit in air- Wander lunges forward a short distance in a stabbing motion with his sword held in a reverse grip. If he hits an opponent he will stab downward on them and butt drop them. Hitting an enemy in the air will make them fall down in a hard knockdown. Has a bit of a start up but can start short combos. Air version he lunges forward, but if he hits an opponent it becomes a combat grapple style attack where he stabs them then pushes them down with his legs, sending them straight to the ground.

Down- Shadow Stab- 1 hit- Wander crouches on the ground and raises his sword, then stabs it into the ground making a small spray of shadows spew out that flinches enemies. Can charge the move to become stronger, going through three stages. The second stage will be a slightly larger stream that will knock enemies up a bit can be used to get a few hits in. Third stage will be a small geyser of shadow that sends them upwards and can be used as a 'get away from me' move or get some hits in from the air. Is also wider than the second stage.

Up- Flashing Stab- 1 hit- Wander quickly stabs upwards, sending any enemies hit upwards. Has a good vertical reach for a melee attack, can be used as a counter for enemies attacking from above. Comes out quickly but has a bit of a recovery time. Animation for the upward stab is similar to his animation for raising his sword to make the beam of light in SotC.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:29:03 PM(edited)
Triangle-

Neutral- Bow- Projectile- Wander fires a shot from his bow at a medium range. Can be to aim similar to Ratchet's Sniper Rifle but holding it does not build a charge to make it stronger. Only flinches enemies, best used as an annoyance move. Not very strong, not too long of a recovery, has a short start up in which he draws the string. Is a relatively safe move, but has a somewhat slow firing rate overall.

Side- Whistling Arrows- Projectile- Wander fires a whistling arrow. If this hits an opponent their controls will become reversed for a few seconds. The distance is determined by a charge. Holding triangle will make Wander pull the string back further. Without charge goes a short distance, at max charge will send it a medium/long distance. Doesn't come out too quick even without charge. Can be used to mess with enemies.

Down- Harpoon of Thunder- Projectile- Wander tosses the Harpoon of Thunder forwards at a short/medium range. Is a strong move, sending enemies flying if hit, however it has a decently large start up and recovery move. Not very safe but if you can land it it's worth it. Air version tosses it downwards at an angle. Is weaker than ground version.

Up- Flash Arrows- Projectile- Wander fires a flash arrow upwards at an angle. Goes a short/medium range. If it hits an opponent, it will explode sending them flying. If it misses it will arc and fall to the ground, exploding when it impacts it. Has a bit of a start up.

Circle-

Neutral- Blade to the Light- Debuff- Wander holds up his blade making a beam appear that goes a medium range. Can be aimed by holding O and using the analog stick. If you hold this on an enemy for three seconds a glyph will suddenly appear on them, making Wander's next attack against them gain double the AP. Dodging or blocking will not reset the timer and will still actually effect it if the beam is in the area they are, but if they get out of the beam for at least a second the timer will reset. Beam will automatically stop after five seconds. The glyph will vanish after five seconds

Side- Lunging Roll- Combat Grapple- Wander does a lunge forwards a short distance. If he hits an opponent he tackles them to the ground then hits them with the hilt of his sword. Hard knockdwn. If he misses he will go into a roll ending with a sliding stop. Comes out quick enough that it can be used to punish attacks, but can be punished easily itself if it misses, but missing can also be used for a bit of maneuverability. Air version he uses a hawk to hang glide a short distance forwards quickly. Doesn't last very long before dropping him. Good for getting around the stage.

Down- Cloak of Deception- Counter- Wander uses the Cloak of Deception as a counter. When you hit down O, he will put it on, appearing as an incredibly obvious shimmer for a second. If an enemy hits this shimmer, Wander will suddenly uncloak behind them and stab them, crumpling them. Will only work against melee attacks. Good to against button mashers. Has a long enough recovery to be punishable.

Up- Prayer Shrine- Teleport- Wander prays and a pillar of light will remain where he prayed. If pressed again he'll seem to vanish and reappear there as if he'd been sleeping sitting up against the then quickly get up. Has a bit of recovery for his 'getting up'. Air version will make the pillar of light on the ground below him. Using the 'return' in the air will make him appear same as the ground version. The pillar of light looks similar to the light that surrounds the Prayer Altar's in SotC, but are a more visible. The pillar of light will manually vanish after a set amount of time (but is a very large amount of time in comparison to most things with life spans.)
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#3Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:29:40 PM(edited)
Throws-

Side- Wander stabs the opponent in the stomach, then kicks them sending them tumbling.

Down- Wander stabs downwards onto the opponent once crumpling them, then stabs them again. Hard knockdown.

Up-Wander runs and slides under the enemy and fires a flash arrow at the enemy as he goes under them, which carries them up a bit then explodes, sending them flying upwards.

Supers-

Level 1- The Ancient Sword- Wander pulls back the blade which begins to turn blue, then stabs forwards a short distance. If he hits an enemy with this, he follows up by doing a spin to gain leverage and then does a heavy horizontal slash that kills anyone hit.

Level 2- Agro- Agro appears and Wander hops on her back. You can then control Agro similarly to Fat Princess's level 2. However Agro only has one jump, though it is high, so you must judge how long you have to press the button.

Level 3- Shadow of the Colossus- Wander cringes and falls to the ground as shadowy tendrils fly into him, causing him to collapse to the ground. A shadow covers his body and he begins to grow in size as the horned spirit Dormin. As Dormin you can move at about the same speed as Sweet Bot. His attacks consist of-

Square-
Neutral, side, up - Fist Slam- Dormin raises his arm and slams down his fist in an arc, anyone that hits his arm is killed. (It's best to air dodge it)

Down- Stomp- Dormin stomps, making a shock wave in both directions at his feet.

Triangle- Colossi's Breath- Dormin leans down and breathes a fire-like ice substance (quoting the wiki) in front of him going across the entire floor in front of him. (stops if it hits a wall) Deadly if you don't jump over it.

Circle- Charge- Dormin bull rushes forward, killing anyone unlucky enough to get caught in his path. Can be deadly but has a long recovery time.

Level 3 theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwetX5iVa6E

Taunts-

Agro!- Wander yells for Agro or whistles.

A prayer for you.- Wander speaks in his language and kneels in prayer for the enemy.

Away!- Wander points his blade forward as he did to banish the shadows in the intro

Intros-

Heroes ride on- Wander rides up on Agro then hops off and looks around.

A rude awakening- Wander wakes up as he does after slaying each Colossus and looks around with his sword raised.

Fall from grace- Wander falls from the top of the screen, sprawled on the floor then kneels and shakes himself off sighing. (If it's not obvious he fell off of a Colossus he was fighting.)

Purest motives....- Wander steps forward with the 16 shadows sinking into the ground behind him, and takes a heroic, yet ominous stance.

Outro's-

Into the sunset- Agro steps up and Wander hops on her before riding off screen.

Thy next foe...- Wander looks up as a bright light shines from above and Dormin's voice is heard. Wander nods and runs off.

Never gives up- Wander is startled as the screen suddenly shakes, causing him to run toward a great shadow that appears off the right side off the screen. (in the shape of the first Colossus).

Darkest deeds....- Shadowy tendrils surround Wander and fly into him, causing him to float for a second before passing out.

Outro losses-

Wander is unconscious as Agro limps up to him.

Wander struggles to stand and holds onto his arm as he did in the game when he was low on health.

Wander's sprawled on the floor still holding onto his sword.

Wander is unconscious as shadow begins to cover his body.

Victory themes-

Victory theme 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARW91qriEqw
Victory theme 2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWInWdKBIVs
---
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:21:54 PM(edited)
Kill, killed, and item quotes-

Random jibberish in his made up language that won't be translated.

Arcade Intro-
*Shows a scene of Wander passed out on the floor in the Shrine of Worship. It zooms in as he awakens then takes a view that's facing up as he looks up and Dormin's light shines from above*
*Goes to a close up of the light*
*Dormin*
"Thy next foe is.... In a realm of shattered dreams.... It stands proud and arrogant against time.... Gathering warriors from many lands."
*goes to a scene of Wander walking out of the Shrine of Woship. Cuts to a scene of him riding Agro across the plains*
*fades*

Rivalry-

Rivaled with Dovahkiin-

*Wander is riding Agro through Polygon Man's realm when he gains view of a flying crystal looking colossus (hint hint) flying overhead along with Dovahkiin pursuing it on foot. He quickly rides up just as Dovahkiin is about to leap onto it's back. He panics and fires an arrow that makes Dovahkiin fall to the ground. He steps up with his blade raised as Dovahkiin sits up*
*Wander in his language*
"Stop pursuing the colossus! I cannot allow you to kill it, I must be the one to do so! I musts save her!"
*Dovahkiin gets up and brushes aside the sword, having not understood Wander then looks towards where the 'colossus' was flying and begins walking. Wander becomes enraged and lunges at him swinging his blade*
*Wander*
"I warned you!"
*Dovahkiin suddenly turns and blocks the blow as they both take fighting stances*
*Wander*
"I have no other choice!"
*fades*

(Basically the same scene as Dovahkiin's, but with the intro having Wander's point of view instead.)

Arcade Outro-
*A scene of Wander waking up in the Shrine of Worship is seen and Dormin's light glows*
*Dormin*
Thou return triumphant.... But thou must hurry on thy quest, time runs short.
*Wander*
I will finish it... I must save her. I have gained something that will aid me.
*Zooms out to a scene of Wander glowing with AP*
What is my next foe spirit?
*fades*

Minion- Mono
---
#5Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:34:20 PM(edited)
Well that certainly took a while. I don't like my Arcade intro's and outro's for him as much as Dovahkiin's but I think they still turned out pretty well for how little dialogue there is in SotC. And if anyone is wondering about the title- When I posted the original topic people got on to me for not posting anything about there being spoilers.

Credit to taoxadasa for the basic idea for the down square (which I changed a bit), and for the idea for side circle (originally had the beam as part of his level 1).

Also last night I published my first LBP level! I'm quite proud of it, and I'd love for anyone here who plays LBP to try it out :D Link- http://lbp.me/v/jy04f8
---
#6taoxadasaPosted 4/7/2013 2:41:09 PM
Huzzah you liked some of my ideas! This is still the best moveset you've made imo
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#7Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:44:37 PM
taoxadasa posted...
Huzzah you liked some of my ideas! This is still the best moveset you've made imo

Indeed :D When I said I'd consider ideas people gave me I meant it, and I also meant that I'd give credit :D and thanks :D I personally still think Death (Darksiders), Chell (Portal), and Sasha (inFAMOUS) are my best ones but I appreciate the compliment. :D
---
#8taoxadasaPosted 4/7/2013 2:46:40 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
taoxadasa posted...

Indeed :D When I said I'd consider ideas people gave me I meant it, and I also meant that I'd give credit :D and thanks :D I personally still think Death (Darksiders), Chell (Portal), and Sasha (inFAMOUS) are my best ones but I appreciate the compliment. :D

Yeah all of your movesets are awesome haha, I probably should of said it's my favorite.

You should try an Ico one!
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#9Nightstryk3r619Posted 4/7/2013 2:47:45 PM
I personally think Sasha is my favorite, or Raziel is up there along with Death.

But another fine job. I need to replay Ico and SotC at some point. And I left you a DM as well.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#10Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:52:54 PM
taoxadasa posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
taoxadasa posted...

Yeah all of your movesets are awesome haha, I probably should of said it's my favorite.

You should try an Ico one!

I haven't played Ico xD If I ever get around to playing it I'll see about doing one. And thanks Night, I saw it.
---