Discuss the Balance (1v1) Day 10: Ratchet

#11blaze19_0XPosted 4/7/2013 8:22:41 PM(edited)
He's definitely top tier material.
Not sure where all these high tier posts are coming from.
Ratchet has consistantly gotten top placings in stacked 1vs1 tournaments for a while now.

Anyway, I don't see what weakness Ratchet has that's major.

An amazing long range game. I don't think I need to explain this one.
He has a great close range game:
-jabs that are deceptively safe on block
-jump cancelling to make a lot of his pressure even safer from short hops

Kill potential?

His level 1 can be said to be hard to land at top level. He has several setups for it, they just aren't reliable at the highest level of play arguably. Fine but his level 2 is still solid and should net at least 1 kill when used properly, and can often get 2. As well as a level 3 that guarantees 2 kills against most characters.

The only real weakness I can see Ratchet having is mobility. And I feel jump cancelling kind of makes up for this as well as his tesla spikes and side circle.
#12LightEcoSagePosted 4/7/2013 8:25:36 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
^hey LES are those download only ones even worth it? Ive always loved the series ever since it came out, but some ive skipped just because they look...meh. I feel like if they cant commit to a full game, then what they do make will end up crappy

QfB I know isn't worth it until it becomes something below $10.00. R&C All For 1 was free for a long time for plus members. It just expired not too long ago. I don't know what it's price is now, but if it's $15.00 and higher I would wait for a price drop.I brung all all for 1 because it was downloable. If full frontal assault is available on PSN I would get it no matter what the price because it's already cheap.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#13blaze19_0XPosted 4/7/2013 8:31:16 PM
With that being said I believe Ratchet is the bottom of top tier.

So something like:

1. Kat (God tier)

Top Tier:

2. Good Cole
3. Isaac
4. Evil Cole
5. Fat Princess
6. Ratchet
#14LizardheartPosted 4/14/2013 8:29:52 PM
Ratchet is top tier in sexiness.
---
PSNID: Lizardheart
I represent Playstation All-Stars Arena in tournaments. forums: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php