Isaac and Zeus Need a Serious Nerf

#1SlyCooperRawksPosted 4/7/2013 8:38:57 PM
I'm mostly complaining about Isaac's level 1. That, unlike Nathan Drake's level 1, where you have to use it within a certain time frame, Isaac's can be activated and then used at any time after. I cannot tell you how many times I thought that I dodged his level 1, only to find out seconds later that he was waiting for the perfect moment. Basically his level 1 needs to be nerfed on the grounds of at least adding a timeframe in which he activates it and how long he has to actually use it. Because his level 1 feels an awful lot like a level 2. Also, I feel his mines should be slightly shortened or at least easier to destroy. He also needs to be fixed in the fact that after he uses his level 1, his reticle remains on screen and sometimes after his level 3 the screen goes to black and the game requires a restart. And after any of his supers, he still will have a blue flame aura like he's still in a super. As far as Zeus goes, my only complaint about him is how overpowered his level 3 is in the fact that he has the ability to get 9 kills total during just one level 3. That could be nerfed by reducing the amount of times he can do a stun kill, reduce the amount of time of the super by 2 seconds, or reducing the number of kills he can pull off during his level 3 altogether (like Sly's) or at least making it easier to air dodge or dodge in general. Anyway, those are my nerf suggestions. Any thoughts?
---
PSN: SlyCooperRawks
"Truer words were never said, Wizard."
#2CChoochPosted 4/7/2013 8:44:05 PM
The main thing that annoys me about Zeus is the ridiculous amount of invincibility on his dodge rolls.
---
PSN: RadRed
#3wwinterj25Posted 4/7/2013 8:50:05 PM(edited)
SlyCooperRawks posted...
Any thoughts?

No but I was nearly blinded by that wall of text. If you can't be arsed to use paragraphs I'll just respond to the topic title and say no.

Zeus - Builds AP fast yes but is slow as hell.
Isaac has a rubbish level 3 in my opinion and is balanced enough. Sure he can spam his gun like Jak and gain AP fast enough but this doesn't mean he needs a nerf.

TC I think you need to learn how to deal with these characters before you cry nerf.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4SlyCooperRawks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:10:31 PM
1. "No but I was nearly blinded by that wall of text. If you can't be arsed to use paragraphs I'll just respond to the topic title and say no."

Okay, first of all, please don't respond to my question if you're too lazy to read what I have to say

2. "I think you need to learn how to deal with these characters before you cry nerf."

I have attempted and failed. If you've tried everything and you still can't, then the character is obviously too overpowered. And it also seems like you use Isaac and/or Zeus regularly if you think they shouldn't be nerfed/balenced at least slightly.
---
PSN: SlyCooperRawks
"Truer words were never said, Wizard."
#5wwinterj25Posted 4/7/2013 9:25:20 PM
SlyCooperRawks posted...
Okay, first of all, please don't respond to my question if you're too lazy to read what I have to say.

As I said before use paragraphs. Clearly you're the lazy one.

SlyCooperRawks posted...
2.I have attempted and failed. If you've tried everything and you still can't, then the character is obviously too overpowered. And it also seems like you use Isaac and/or Zeus regularly if you think they shouldn't be nerfed/balenced at least slightly.

No I just play against them a lot and can deal with them easy enough unless really good. Does this mean they need a nerf? No. Any character can be great in the right hands.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#6red_latias77Posted 4/7/2013 9:26:21 PM
the only thing about Isaac that's definitely OP is his mine, but I agree about the level 1 because I think that's BS too. No other level 1 has 2 parts to it like that, not to mention how it's literally Radec's level 1 but much better, *and* it can be confirmed into. I think his gun loop should be removed too, if not because it's cheap (which it is imo), then for consistency because Drake's loop was removed.

Zeus isn't OP (except in FFA lol), you just have to play against him differently than pretty much any other character. His roll needs more cooldown though.
---
PSASBR: Sly, Fat Princess, Toro
#7AngelottPosted 4/7/2013 9:32:13 PM(edited)
Isaac's lvl 1 is completely unsafe and punishable, unless you got hit by stasis. In FFA, its even more unsafe, since anyone can knock him out of it anytime. If you're letting him get a beat on you like that without punishing him or simply moving around and make him waste it, the real question is why?

Lv2 is easy as long as you stay away and on the move. Unless you're at the heart of it, you can roll out of range.

The mines are fine if you avoid them. They blow up with just about any ground shot.

Simply put.... Much of Isaac's moveset (minus his lvl 3) is avoidable.

Zeus... Well, utilize throws to drop his ability to slow down lvl 3. If you're 1v1, don't let him corner you, stay on the move. If you're in FFA, a throw here and there slows him down (1v1 also). Zeus is slow, you should be able to out maneuver him all day. His AP burst is the only thing that's dangerous.

Fixing the glitches with Isaac's reticle and the lvl 3 blackout, I totally agree with. Everything else is avoidable or punishable, so I can't agree with either one being OP.
---
Official GF BEARzerker (P4:A)
XBL: Kid Devi PSN: Heartless Devi
#8CaptainKickass_Posted 4/7/2013 9:33:33 PM
SlyCooperRawks posted...
1. "No but I was nearly blinded by that wall of text. If you can't be arsed to use paragraphs I'll just respond to the topic title and say no."

Okay, first of all, please don't respond to my question if you're too lazy to read what I have to say

2. "I think you need to learn how to deal with these characters before you cry nerf."

I have attempted and failed. If you've tried everything and you still can't, then the character is obviously too overpowered. And it also seems like you use Isaac and/or Zeus regularly if you think they shouldn't be nerfed/balenced at least slightly.

He said he was nearly blinded by your god awful wall of text. That means he likely read it and almost went blind. I almost gouged my own eyes out due too the shear pain of reading it.

And yeah learn how to counter them. Zeus's lvl3 is telegraphed. Read and dodge it.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#9p1793aPosted 4/7/2013 9:34:21 PM
Isaac can be annoying but I don't think he is deserving of any major nerfs.

As for Zeus, he is too slow and huge to be that great and his level three is pretty easy to dodge. Just stand in the middle and make sure you know when he does high/low.
---
BAAAAATTLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!
#10dooms14Posted 4/7/2013 9:37:05 PM
SlyCooperRawks posted...

the 2 comment...

Tried everything... i dont wanna call you a liar so... use ratchet if your having a problem with the mines ratchet has everything.
Cole spam nades if dude likes camping mines and wait for an opening or gets agressive.
If you can deal with the mines Isaac is a cake walk.

Only characters that should have issues with mines are people that have nothing but close range moves.
---
"Now you can shoot him in his gizzard and he just walks away laughing at ya', have you even been shot in the gizzard?"