Best air-air Dante combo?

#1blaze19_0XPosted 4/7/2013 9:57:46 PM
The best one I've found is this:
squareX2, up square, bold cancel, up square, bold cancel, up circle

Yields 70AP.

Not sure if better ones exist. Probably not.
#2Potatoman622Posted 4/7/2013 10:01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he has air-air bursts, although I have no idea how to do them.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#3blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:03:28 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
I'm pretty sure he has air-air bursts, although I have no idea how to do them.

Really? I doubt it. Not without walls surely. Unless I'm missing something.
#4Potatoman622Posted 4/7/2013 10:07:19 PM
Idk you would have to ask lakizzle,.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:08:23 PM(edited)
As of now the only character that can do true air-air bursts at any height is Kat I believe.

No, Good Cole doesn't count. His only work starting low to the ground since he has to constantly land and then jump again.
#6IcyFlamez96Posted 4/7/2013 10:08:45 PM
Could have sworn LaKizzle did one on me.
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:17:50 PM(edited)
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Hmm, maybe I need to think harder.

If Dante really has an air-air AP burst (at any height)...he's top tier material. It means he'd have the one of the best ground games as well as one of the best air games.
#8blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:28:10 PM
However, I think he might have a Good Cole style air-air AP burst (where you have to be close to the ground and land a few times) but I'm just not seeing it right now.
#9LaKizzle23Posted 4/7/2013 10:34:39 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

I don't ever recall doing an air to air burst combo. If I did, it would have to be due to the horrible netcode, which sometimes lets me get an ap burst for free. >.>

And a better air to air combo would use Dante's air side square string. I believe it gives only 5 ap extra than his neutral square string, but its still something... Not that you would need it anyway.

As Dante, you're better off finishing an air combo with down square for a hard knockdown so you can tech chase.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (Self Acclaimed Best Ever) , Zeus (Can't Touch This!)
#10blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:42:58 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

I don't ever recall doing an air to air burst combo. If I did, it would have to be due to the horrible netcode, which sometimes lets me get an ap burst for free. >.>

And a better air to air combo would use Dante's air side square string. I believe it gives only 5 ap extra than his neutral square string, but its still something... Not that you would need it anyway.

As Dante, you're better off finishing an air combo with down square for a hard knockdown so you can tech chase.

Good point, I guess his best air-air combo then is:

Side squareX3--bold cancel-down square

Should give 55AP, pretty darn good for an air-air that also causes a hard knockdown especially for a character like Dante who's great at catching wakeups.