Did you main your favorite character from a game?

#21Skull_GarurumonPosted 4/9/2013 6:12:02 AM
I used to main Spike because I loved the ape escape games and when I tried everyone else I was no good with them. Now I use Kat for the aerial movement and burst damage. Never even played gravity rush though...
---
---
My hair defies gravity, what does yours do?
#22LightEcoSagePosted 4/9/2013 6:18:50 AM(edited)
Ratchetrockon posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
I actually prefer the Ratchet and Clank games over the Jak series, but I like Jak's hoverboard so I just sorta stuck with him.

Every other character just seems off without that extra horizontal distance.

Mostly other character with a horizontal space is actually better then Jak's.

Dante's Dash, which can be used in the air & ground and can be used to move cancel into other moves besides his side square -_- oh and can be used to bait a character into attacking easily.

Both Coles have their long ass range slide, which is great for hitting and running as well as transitioning into multiple moves effectively.

Parappa has Skateboard, which it's greatest strength is jumping off the highest point on the map in any direction for the ultimate escape. And another aspect is it can be used to start a juggle sequence as well as AP burst I believe.

Raiden do I need to say more. His dash just makes Jak's jetboard look horrible in everyway. His dash has better armor over Jak's Jetboard (lol balance & logic), has a lot more range and a lot more speed. Oh and can be used on ground as well as HC for Raiden.

Lol and people complain about Jak's Jetboard lmao.

Damn really shows my lack of knowledge of other characters. I seriously only play Jak in this game. Experimented with all the cast, but none of them really fit my taste..

But my opinion still remains the same for his jetboard. Easily my favorite part about Jak (jetboard punch) despite its ineffectiveness compared to the other cast.

I think its the challenge that really attracts me to Jak. Knowing that the other players will give me a hard time really makes me play my best. Although I rage quit plenty of matches with him lolz.

I edited again. You're going to want to check that out!

Yeah the Jetboard is one of my favorite aspects of Jak to :), however it could have been rep'ped better. I was furious when I saw it didn't have it's other functions like the Jet repulsor from Jak 3 and the ability to actually bounce off walls even if it does go straight. I love how it was implemented into his grabs, but because of the fact you can't combo after any disappoints me.

EDIT: I just added it to your quote by replacing my old quote.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#23gamerk9-16Posted 4/9/2013 6:45:04 AM
Sly cooper is my favorite game but i chose Toro over maining sly why you ask I really don't know my self maybe its those awesome dance moves^^ but bcuz of this game i downloaded weekly toro station and play it alot even though i dont understand a word their saying :P to bad they ended it :(
#24RatchetrockonPosted 4/9/2013 6:49:47 AM
^

Just read the edit.

Pretty interesting.

Jak seems even more of an underdog now.

I mean his weapons are lacking compared to the likes of Ratchet/Radec/Emmet.
His level 1 is one of the worst. Level 2 is decent, but still lacking compared to Parappa's, Isaacs, Raidens, ect.
His melee attacks are piss poor compared to Kratos/raiden/dante.
His mobility gets shunned by Kat.

Jak really has nothing special going for him. Damn
#25X195Posted 4/9/2013 7:02:43 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
ArmoredElder posted...
BrandynJohnson posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Yup. Picked Good Cole because I liked inFAMOUS a lot.

Same here.

Me as well

We think alike.

We are obviously the superior race! ZEE G.COLI IS SUPERIOR.

Guess we're smart.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#26DreamsaberPosted 4/9/2013 7:02:57 AM
As a reversal of my SSB character choice, I only use as characters from series I've played. As it happens, this is basically the only PS3 game I've ever played, meaning my mains are the three retros. On top of that, I don't even like playing as Parappa so I only use two characters.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#27LightEcoSagePosted 4/9/2013 7:09:48 AM
Ratchetrockon posted...
^

Just read the edit.

Pretty interesting.

Jak seems even more of an underdog now.

I mean his weapons are lacking compared to the likes of Ratchet/Radec/Emmet.
His level 1 is one of the worst. Level 2 is decent, but still lacking compared to Parappa's, Isaacs, Raidens, ect.
His melee attacks are piss poor compared to Kratos/raiden/dante.
His mobility gets shunned by Kat.

Jak really has nothing special going for him. Damn

Exactly.

Honestly though regarding his Level 1. It really needs a slight width buff. My original idea was to have the Vent kill to, but people may complain about that. So I just say increase the width slightly at the bottom of Jak not the top. I have seen too many people in corners get lucky because of the poor width and so many has simply roll through it like Cole.

Level 2 still needs a tad bit more range (because it didn't get a range buff). For those people who don't get hit by the stun, even with the faster animation, it's still easy to dodge. The super is mostly about Dark Bomb, so while Dark Jak got the buff he deserved the actual Dark Bomb radius should have gotten a slight bit more range.

Jak melee's could have been way better developed. I've been working on a move cancel list for Jak melee moves exclusively and 1 new melee move for him, but I receive so much hate here that I might not share it.
---
"It's heading for the city. We gotta defend it... for Damas."
#28SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 4/9/2013 7:11:24 AM
I knew I'd be playing as Dante, whether he was good or not. He wasn't that good for a long while, but now he's pretty awesome, I'm glad I stuck with him.
#29LanceDrakePosted 4/9/2013 7:29:15 AM
Jak melee's could have been way better developed. I've been working on a move cancel list for Jak melee moves exclusively and 1 new melee move for him, but I receive so much hate here that I might not share it.

Psst, PM it to me. I wanna read it.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#30IngSlayerPosted 4/9/2013 7:42:00 AM
Sly Cooper is about 70% of my draw into this game.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist