The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 4/11/2013 11:07:20 AM
Well!? - Results (267 votes)
Yes, of course. Every character takes skill to use.
13.11% (35 votes)
Yes but he takes FAR less skill than any other character.
40.45% (108 votes)
I'm not sure...
2.25% (6 votes)
No. There's nothing skillful about mashing square and it's the only thing Kratos players EVER do. FACT.
44.19% (118 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
#2PielordXPosted 4/11/2013 11:11:18 AM
I wouldn't say he takes far less skill than everyone else because there are other very easy characters to use (i.e Kat). But I would have to say his learning curve is one of the easier ones.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Official Jak of PSASBR boards
#3DireProphecyPosted 4/11/2013 11:15:23 AM
no characters in this game take skill to use
#4ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/11/2013 11:15:30 AM
I believe it varies on what your objective is. Krato's versatility is so high, that a bunch of strategies can be applied to him.

He can be utiized as a zoner.
He can be that guy who kee[ps people busy so their partner can kill them.
His AP gain is high enough to employ a hit and run strategy.
His comboes are relatively easy to do, but getting into the jump cancelling of his neutral square takes a lot of work to be able to do consistently without a ceiling.
Similar to the combo variant, he can do a wallbounce variant.

Then thres that playstyle that doesnt play to win, but instead plays just to piss you off.

Kratos skill isnt that high-lvel. Anyone can pick him up and win. What matters is how you utilize his tools to adapt to the situation, which indeed takes a lot of skill, because his sheer amount of tools, you have to evaluate the situation and react accordingly. And that isn't easy with any character. even kratos.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#5ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/11/2013 11:17:23 AM
DireProphecy posted...

Dante, Heihachi, Jak, Sir Dan, and Big Daddy would like a word with you.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#6Rlaur2Posted 4/11/2013 11:19:44 AM
Sir Dan and Big Daddy don't speak though. And Heihachi uses moonspeak.
---
-_-
#7DireProphecyPosted 4/11/2013 11:21:06 AM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...

Skill is relative. Some characters in this game are certainly harder than others, but they are all easy.

Also just to clear up a misconception, Sir Dan is one of the easiest characters to learn and he has such a simple moveset. He might be hard to win with, however, due to being a bad character. Doesn't mean he's difficult or complicated.
#8DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 4/11/2013 11:23:03 AM
DireProphecy posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...

Skill is relative. Some characters in this game are certainly harder than others, but they are all easy.

Also just to clear up a misconception, Sir Dan is one of the easiest characters to learn and he has such a simple moveset. He might be hard to win with, however, due to being a bad character. Doesn't mean he's difficult or complicated.

---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#9squirrel_boyPosted 4/11/2013 11:25:57 AM
Kratos doesn't take skill to use because all you have to do is mash square and occasionally hit R2 to win.
#10Rlaur2Posted 4/11/2013 11:32:02 AM
The difference between a good kratos and a bad one is that a bad one will mash square while a good one mashes up square.
---
-_-