Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.
2 years ago#1
Well!? - Results (267 votes)
Yes, of course. Every character takes skill to use.
13.11% (35 votes)
Yes but he takes FAR less skill than any other character.
40.45% (108 votes)
I'm not sure...
2.25% (6 votes)
No. There's nothing skillful about mashing square and it's the only thing Kratos players EVER do. FACT.
44.19% (118 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
2 years ago#2
I wouldn't say he takes far less skill than everyone else because there are other very easy characters to use (i.e Kat). But I would have to say his learning curve is one of the easier ones.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Official Jak of PSASBR boards
2 years ago#3
no characters in this game take skill to use
2 years ago#4
I believe it varies on what your objective is. Krato's versatility is so high, that a bunch of strategies can be applied to him.

He can be utiized as a zoner.
He can be that guy who kee[ps people busy so their partner can kill them.
His AP gain is high enough to employ a hit and run strategy.
His comboes are relatively easy to do, but getting into the jump cancelling of his neutral square takes a lot of work to be able to do consistently without a ceiling.
Similar to the combo variant, he can do a wallbounce variant.

Then thres that playstyle that doesnt play to win, but instead plays just to piss you off.

Kratos skill isnt that high-lvel. Anyone can pick him up and win. What matters is how you utilize his tools to adapt to the situation, which indeed takes a lot of skill, because his sheer amount of tools, you have to evaluate the situation and react accordingly. And that isn't easy with any character. even kratos.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
2 years ago#5
DireProphecy posted...

Dante, Heihachi, Jak, Sir Dan, and Big Daddy would like a word with you.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
2 years ago#6
Sir Dan and Big Daddy don't speak though. And Heihachi uses moonspeak.
---
-_-
2 years ago#7
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...

Skill is relative. Some characters in this game are certainly harder than others, but they are all easy.

Also just to clear up a misconception, Sir Dan is one of the easiest characters to learn and he has such a simple moveset. He might be hard to win with, however, due to being a bad character. Doesn't mean he's difficult or complicated.
2 years ago#8
DireProphecy posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...

Skill is relative. Some characters in this game are certainly harder than others, but they are all easy.

Also just to clear up a misconception, Sir Dan is one of the easiest characters to learn and he has such a simple moveset. He might be hard to win with, however, due to being a bad character. Doesn't mean he's difficult or complicated.

---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
2 years ago#9
Kratos doesn't take skill to use because all you have to do is mash square and occasionally hit R2 to win.
2 years ago#10
The difference between a good kratos and a bad one is that a bad one will mash square while a good one mashes up square.
---
-_-
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived