Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

#11DireProphecyPosted 4/11/2013 11:35:05 AM
Rlaur2 posted...
The difference between a good kratos and a bad one is that a bad one will mash square while a good one mashes up square.

neutral square can wall bounce burst though and it is safer
#12redskinsrock26Posted 4/11/2013 11:38:41 AM
His combo starters are way easier to easy to hit with than any other character and way too easy to burst off of, even in 2v2s. He is such a braindead character in that sense.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#13DireProphecyPosted 4/11/2013 11:42:31 AM
He's easy as balls to play but he benefits highly from smart play and ability to make reads, more-so than most other characters I would argue.
#14RainbowsaurusPosted 4/11/2013 11:45:54 AM
*insert square jokes and whining here*
---
Emmett <3
http://i.imgur.com/9oBxgzz.jpg
#15blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 11:55:16 AM
Oh btw, this isn't a serious poll. I just wanted to see how people react given he's the most hated character in the game.

I don't believe Kratos needs much changing. He can still be super safe post patch but only if you actually space well with him now. And at the end of the day he has very reliable confirms but only for level 2. Can't really complain about that when several better characters have reliable confirms for level 1.

At most I'd increase the lag on a few of his moves a bit further and/or decrease his range slightly.
#16iGGYHo3Posted 4/11/2013 11:57:02 AM
@high level play all characters take an amount of skill....kratos is on the lesser side of the spectrum as far as skill required though
---
Psn ID: iiGGYxD
#17blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:04:58 PM(edited)
iGGYHo3 posted...
@high level play all characters take an amount of skill....kratos is on the lesser side of the spectrum as far as skill required though

Debatable.

You see the problem is...how do you define taking skill to use? For some it's about learning all their options and when/where to use them through great spacing and reads. For others it's just about the technical execution barrier (hence why so many people claim Dante takes the most skill to use). Just to name 2 examples.

More importantly as you said, at high level play it all starts to even out. There's no character in the game a newbie can use against an above average level player and win.

And at the end of the day I believe we are all biased. No one wants to say "yeah the character I worked so hard to get results with doesn't take much skill, my accomplishments are meaningless". Which is understandable as it's never true.

It goes back to what I said a while ago:
"The characters I lose to take no skill to use. The characters I play take years to master."
#18wwinterj25Posted 4/11/2013 12:14:01 PM
To be a good Kratos yes it takes skill just as any other character. It's a shame I don't see many good Kratos players. Even the one who are black belt mash square all day.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#19RainbowsaurusPosted 4/11/2013 12:16:46 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
To be a good Kratos yes it takes skill just as any other character. It's a shame I don't see many good Kratos players. Even the one who are black belt mash square all day.

This. Sadly, everybody on this board thinks that all Kratii are square spamming "scrubs".
---
Emmett <3
http://i.imgur.com/9oBxgzz.jpg
#20blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:22:53 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
wwinterj25 posted...

This. Sadly, everybody on this board thinks that all Kratii are square spamming "scrubs".

The sadder part is when you realize most of them only are saying this about the players they lose to.

So basically they are admitting to losing to players that mindlessly mash square. What does that say about them?