Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

#21wwinterj25Posted 4/11/2013 1:37:59 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
So basically they are admitting to losing to players that mindlessly mash square. What does that say about them?

It says that they are using a weaker character? Kratos has a lot of range that could be hard to get close to. Kratos isn't that easy to get close to no matter how people play as him.

It also could say that the other players killed them more. This isn't a one vs one game. Most games involve three other players so to assume said button mashing Kratos earned the win could be simply wrong.

Just throwing these out there. I've been in many 2 vs 2 games and FFA where a square button mashing Kratos will win simply because I had my attention elsewhere, other players are dumb, I'm not playing seriously or I'm using a character I don't play as much.
I've also lost due to my own stupidity at times but I honestly don't care as I play for fun. If I was playing seriously I'd play ranked. Take that whatever way you want but I stand by what I said. Most Kratos players are not very good.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#22Charizard18Posted 4/11/2013 1:47:20 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
To be a good Kratos yes it takes skill just as any other character. It's a shame I don't see many good Kratos players. Even the one who are black belt mash square all day.

I'll have to disagree with this. I spent about 10 minutes total (like 5 minutes on a two different days) in practice mode with Kratos to get to where I am now. Did some online mode with him too. I learned a ton of AP bursts and combos and general tricks in that time and I'd say I have a decent Kratos. That's still 5 minutes more than I spent with Kat to learn her, but 10 minutes to master a character is pretty stupid. He doesn't really take a whole lot of practice to be good with. Not a whole lot of his combos are hard to do at all. Anything else with him can be learned playing online. However, none of that is relevant because I'll have to agree with this:

DireProphecy posted...
no characters in this game take skill to use

---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#23blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 2:02:50 PM(edited)
Charizard18 posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
To be a good Kratos yes it takes skill just as any other character. It's a shame I don't see many good Kratos players. Even the one who are black belt mash square all day.

I'll have to disagree with this. I spent about 10 minutes total (like 5 minutes on a two different days) in practice mode with Kratos to get to where I am now. Did some online mode with him too. I learned a ton of AP bursts and combos and general tricks in that time and I'd say I have a decent Kratos. That's still 5 minutes more than I spent with Kat to learn her, but 10 minutes to master a character is pretty stupid. He doesn't really take a whole lot of practice to be good with. Not a whole lot of his combos are hard to do at all. Anything else with him can be learned playing online. However, none of that is relevant because I'll have to agree with this:

DireProphecy posted...

You don't understand. Just because you can do a character's basic combos doesn't mean you have mastered them.

By that logic I have mastered over half of the cast.

The real question is...can you beat a good player with him? I doubt it. Lol ranked FFAs don't count.
#24Charizard18Posted 4/11/2013 11:00:17 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
Charizard18 posted...
wwinterj25 posted...

DireProphecy posted...

You don't understand. Just because you can do a character's basic combos doesn't mean you have mastered them.

By that logic I have mastered over half of the cast.

The real question is...can you beat a good player with him? I doubt it. Lol ranked FFAs don't count.

I beat you 1v1, and managed to just barely scrape a win against Lizardheart in 2v2 randumbs. Not sure if that counts. Knowing the high standards around these parts, probably not... And I don't touch ranked or FFA. Not sure if you remember this but I always quote chain to agree with you whenever you make a "loltimedffa" post. Always agreed with you that FFA is a joke. You cant just assume i play a certain mode or not. No need to give me attitude, seriously you always do that and then wonder why people argue with you and/or don't like you >__>

Edit: wait, just lemme make it clear that I'm not claiming to be better than anyone. That's not it at all, not saying I'm better than lizard or anything. I'm not. The previous post asked if I could beat a good player, and I answered that I did because I did manage to do so in 2v2 randumbs. I ran into lizard and his sweet tooth partner again later that same night and got owned, so it's all good. No hard feelings towards anyone :P
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#25THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/11/2013 10:21:41 PM
When the random character glitch was going on and I 0get Kratos it was VERY easy too win...

Never practiced a day in my life with him and looked like a pro. Another thing he has going for him is the fact most online scrubs don't know how to deal with his lvl 3. So while he may kill me once everybody else is actually getting hit by the moves that aren't Sword beams...
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#265Hit28Posted 4/11/2013 10:23:18 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...

Dante, Heihachi, Jak, Sir Dan, and Big Daddy would like a word with you.

^this
---
PSN:Freepwn28
Had the most funniest matches ever.......ahh racism.
#27THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/11/2013 10:25:23 PM
wwinterj25 posted...

Which is why I can't respect em plus most ragequitters use Kratos/Khols/Drake...My cheeze ain't workin!!! I QUIT!!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#28gamerkmanPosted 4/11/2013 10:29:11 PM
U dont need skill to play him, but he can be played skillfully.
---
Life is like a really bad joke with no punchline...
#29IcyFlamez96Posted 4/11/2013 10:40:49 PM(edited)
Rainbowsaurus posted...
wwinterj25 posted...

This. Sadly, everybody on this board thinks that all Kratii are square spamming "scrubs".

Funny thing, the best Kratos I've faced 1v1 (Third_member I think) mainly only uses Square. Well only square until he has to use other buttons to finish combos. Well thats what it seemed like to me at least. If I was near him on the ground, BAM, square square down square (not that im trying to complain, just sayin). If I was falling within range of his up square... BAM, up sqaure, up square.... AP burst.

Of course he counters and grabs too. He also shoots the bow sometimes if he's at a distance. It's just that his square string is easily his safest combo starter. [EDIT: Only combo starter?] There is really no point of using his other attacks raw since they'd most likely land him in a more punishable state and would probably net him less AP than just going for the (up) square.

He doesn't even go for the level 1 HC with air down circle (I think?) and just went for leveI 2s. I did think it was pretty unreliable anyway.

Oh yeah, and I did recently fight Lizard's Kratos, and IIRC he did play very similar.
#30hyperknees91Posted 4/11/2013 10:36:50 PM
Kratos was designed like his video game.

You get all these tools during the game but what's the point when all you need is the blades of chaos all day every day.
---
PSN tag hyperknees