Does Kratos take skill to use? POLL.

#41SSJRajangPosted 4/13/2013 2:45:59 AM
kratos is a weird character. id compare him to someone like say metaknight in brawl, as hes easy to use and learn against lower level players because of his obvious advantages and has a small skill cap if thats all you do. but as soon as you face better people in high level play they will destroy you, and that skill cap gets so much higher. so yes i think he takes skill to use
---
PSN:ZakVillain
#42blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 3:05:00 AM
SSJRajang posted...
kratos is a weird character. id compare him to someone like say metaknight in brawl, as hes easy to use and learn against lower level players because of his obvious advantages and has a small skill cap if thats all you do. but as soon as you face better people in high level play they will destroy you, and that skill cap gets so much higher. so yes i think he takes skill to use

That's pretty much how I think of it.

Though low level players often don't know how good MK really is so your comparison isn't perfect. And since MK is so common, he tends to be everyone's most experienced matchup so you have no advantage there.
#43SSJRajangPosted 4/13/2013 3:24:19 AM
true, theyre both failrly common though. of course lower level players will play more of them, but you dont see much adapting in lower level play. its there but its small. a bad player wont be able to adapt to kratos cookie cutter playstyle, cry top tier and end up whining about it on gamefaqs. thats why i said they would get dominated in high level play, because kratos is a very simple character
---
PSN:ZakVillain
#44St0ve1Posted 4/13/2013 4:47:49 AM
I learned his entire moveset and went 15-3 in my first free for all match with him. lol.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#45Starkiller1000Posted 4/13/2013 4:51:37 AM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...
no characters in this game take skill to use

Dante, Heihachi, Jak, Sir Dan, and Big Daddy would like a word with you.

Don't forget Ratchet. Never forget the Ratchet. I have trouble getting distanced to start up combos with him and it's relatively easy to avoid supers 1 and 2 but dealt with it and became a master with him.
---
---
PSN: Starkiller_1999 Fav. Game: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal Look for me sometime in PSABR with my bf OIbarra32yahoo(his PSN ID)
#46Starkiller1000Posted 4/13/2013 4:53:16 AM
Starkiller1000 posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
DireProphecy posted...
no characters in this game take skill to use

Dante, Heihachi, Jak, Sir Dan, and Big Daddy would like a word with you.

Don't forget Ratchet. Never forget the Ratchet. I have trouble getting distanced to start up combos with him and it's relatively easy to avoid supers 1 and 2 but dealt with it and became a master with him.
---

I meant super three, not 1. I find it fun trapping them in a corner so I can Super 1 kill.
---
---
PSN: Starkiller_1999 Fav. Game: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal Look for me sometime in PSABR with my bf OIbarra32yahoo(his PSN ID)
#47MajesticFerretPosted 4/13/2013 5:09:36 PM
Kratos is noob friendly, but the MOST noob friendly? Idunno about that...

That title belongs to Drake, Issac, and Zeus IMO. Hell, Evil Cole and Radec are arguably just as noob friendly as Kratos.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#48Fatal LightningPosted 4/18/2013 8:43:03 PM
this still going?
---
PSN:fatallightning
ME: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/fatal_lightning/
#49CaptainKickass_Posted 4/18/2013 8:58:45 PM
That's a loaded poll.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#50DireProphecyPosted 4/18/2013 9:30:06 PM
CaptainKickass_ posted...
That's a loaded poll.

Yeah I still haven't voted lol I don't agree with any of the options