Best level 1 grab confirm in the game is probably Fatty P.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 12:49:56 PM(edited)
Simply because her grab is the fastest and safest on startup and ending compared to all the other characters with a grab confirm:

Ratchet:
Slow startup and too much endlag.

Raiden/IsaacKat:
Not as slow as Ratchet's but still pretty slow with a lot of endlag regardless.

Sackboy:
Luck-based.

Fatty P:
Fast startup, low cooldown. Nearly Sly level.

Only problem is it's really, really hard to do consistantly which I'm guessing is why no top Fatty player tries it in real matces. But if anyone could learn to do it consistantly, that player would be really scary. Especially considering how good Fatty P is at keeping you on the ground.
#2TheDante_MainerPosted 4/12/2013 12:35:10 PM
I figured out the up grab confirm but its so hard to do tho
---
PSN: LegendOfRagna-
PSABR Main: Cole McGrath
#3AssassinHawkinsPosted 4/12/2013 12:35:35 PM
Maybe Fatty P's is faster and safer, but Kat's is the most reliable and easiest.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#4blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 12:38:07 PM(edited)
AssassinHawkins posted...
Maybe Fatty P's is faster and safer, but Kat's is the most reliable and easiest.

Yeah in terms of ease of execution, Ratchet or Kat would probably take the cake.

But this is more about high level viability.

And Kat's can definitely be punished if she misses. Not that she needs it anyway, she's broken enough as it is.
#5iGGYHo3Posted 4/12/2013 12:41:55 PM
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I invented her up throw kc and used it plenty pre-patch, but it is deff not the best grab confirm. If you're talking pre-patch its kat, postpatch its raiden. 10 seconds in training and i got his down, not to mention all of his setups that lead into a grab. Kat's is good as well, only problem is how open she is left after attempting a grab. Im still the only fatp that takes advantage of her upthrow for apburst with upsquare fireballetc everyone else just upthrow jump airn1. You can still kc but now its like a 1 frame link instead of the 10-20 beforehand.
---
Psn ID: iiGGYxD
#6AssassinHawkinsPosted 4/12/2013 12:44:40 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
AssassinHawkins posted...

Yeah in terms of ease of execution, Ratchet or Kat would probably take the cake.

But this is more about high level viability.

And Kat's can definitely be punished if she misses. Not that she needs it anyway, she's broken enough as it is.

Absolutely. Kat's grab is incredibly punishable and doesn't have the reach people think it does. Sure, it works on both sides, but the range really isn't that good.

Isaac's is a lot faster and has huge range but takes a lot of practice. The only time I've seen other people do it in a real match was that video of Lizard.

But Fatty's is certainly the fastest and safest, thus more useful in high level play.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 12:48:03 PM(edited)
iGGYHo3 posted...
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I invented her up throw kc and used it plenty pre-patch, but it is deff not the best grab confirm. If you're talking pre-patch its kat, postpatch its raiden. 10 seconds in training and i got his down, not to mention all of his setups that lead into a grab. Kat's is good as well, only problem is how open she is left after attempting a grab. Im still the only fatp that takes advantage of her upthrow for apburst with upsquare fireballetc everyone else just upthrow jump airn1. You can still kc but now its like a 1 frame link instead of the 10-20 beforehand.

This isn't about what grab confirm is the easiest to do. Otherwise I would have said Ratchet most likely. Raiden's grab is a lot slower and less safer than Fatty Ps, hence it's less viable and more risky.

And yeah the timing is ridiculously tight. Going for an AP burst instead off her grab is so much easier.
#8TerraponPosted 4/12/2013 12:48:28 PM
I hope they fix kats online debris KC...
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#9NarukuboyPosted 4/12/2013 12:49:38 PM
I don't know about Fatty P but raiden can combo into his for the 0 ap kill confirm
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#10iGGYHo3Posted 4/12/2013 12:50:37 PM
a good raiden will rarely throw out empty grabs, you missed my comment about all his setups he has that lead into grabs, which is what makes his the most effective at high level play. I play regularly with BAM aka Toneeo_O who i feel right now is the best raiden, and he makes good use of his grab.
---
Psn ID: iiGGYxD