To all major dante characters(mostly the vita players)

#1marioparty17Posted 4/12/2013 6:11:26 PM
How long did it take you to learn how to empty cancels into combos effectively, and do you have a fighting game background.

i feel learning dante in this game is the find line between being good AT a fighting game, not.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#2blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 6:17:21 PM
The only Dantes I know that can empty cancel very consistantly (90+% of the time or so) in real matches are Pheracus and Lakizzle.

Many Dantes can EC these days but they'll mess it up a lot. So don't feel too bad if you can't do it consistantly.
#3KarstienPosted 4/12/2013 7:36:40 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
The only Dantes I know that can empty cancel very consistantly (90+% of the time or so) in real matches are Pheracus and Lakizzle.

Many Dantes can EC these days but they'll mess it up a lot. So don't feel too bad if you can't do it consistantly.

Met a Dante named BurningHawks or something similar that had the most amazing combos. He did around ten bursts, different every time and never missed a cancel, we played a few matches.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Practice can never make perfect...but we can get damn close.
#4blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 7:45:31 PM(edited)
Karstien posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Met a Dante named BurningHawks or something similar that had the most amazing combos. He did around ten bursts, different every time and never missed a cancel, we played a few matches.

How do you know he didn't miss an empty cancel?

Because even if you miss the cancel one of the common things that can come out (because you messed up) is his aerial fireball. And other similar things. Which means even if you mess up the cancel, you can still get an AP burst off of it. And the type of AP burst you can get often depends on on which loop rep you missed the cancel.

It's probable he meant to empty cancel into a level 1 confirm at times (why wouldn't he?), but that came out instead so he went for the burst.
#5blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 7:43:13 PM
Which means Dante is kind of overpowered in that regard now that I think about it.

No other character is rewarded for messing up a combo with an AP burst anyway. Lol.
#6KarstienPosted 4/12/2013 7:46:04 PM
He went for the level 3 each game we played, was 2v2. If he did miss one he made it look pro, but the same can be said for those you mentioned, and all the combos were unique. It seemed he was just trying to see how many different ones he could pull off in a match.

I still won...coz I'm great like that.
---
#7blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 7:52:24 PM(edited)
Karstien posted...
He went for the level 3 each game we played, was 2v2. If he did miss one he made it look pro, but the same can be said for those you mentioned, and all the combos were unique. It seemed he was just trying to see how many different ones he could pull off in a match.

It's very easy for a Dante to miss an empty cancel and make it look pro, trust me, if you start playing him you'll see this for yourself. Whenever I miss it and get the aerial fireball instead, I know I can get a burst if I want and it's not too hard to do so.

The two players I mentioned you mean? No, when they land a jab they always confirm into their level 1s. That's how I know they aren't messing it up and when they do it's obvious.

Truth is, Dante almost never has a reason to go for any kind of crazy combo. Just do a couple of loops of empty cancelling and confirm into level 1.

Kind of sucks, Dante has all this other crazy combo potential but there's not much reason to do the majority of it in terms of practicality.
#8KarstienPosted 4/12/2013 7:55:38 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Karstien posted...

It's very easy for a Dante to miss an empty cancel and make it look pro, trust me, if you start playing him you'll see this for yourself. Whenever I miss it and get the aerial fireball instead, I know I can get a burst if I want and it's not too hard to do so.

The two players I mentioned you mean? No, when they land a jab they always confirm into their level 1s. That's how I know they aren't messing it up and when they do it's obvious.

Truth is, Dante almost never has a reason to go for any kind of crazy combo. Just do a couple of loops of empty cancelling and confirm into level 1.

Kind of sucks, Dante has all this other crazy combo potential but there's not much reason to do the majority of it in terms of practicality.

You could be right, only he could answer that, but it's also possible he was doing it for fun too right? Some don't always play to win so easily. Hell, my partner used Fatty P's level 3 exclusively back in the beta just because he thought it was hilarious, even after I begged him to stop and just kill then. Made me cry...
---
#9blaze19_0XPosted 4/12/2013 7:58:20 PM(edited)
Karstien posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Karstien posted...

You could be right, only he could answer that, but it's also possible he was doing it for fun too right? Some don't always play to win so easily. Hell, my partner used Fatty P's level 3 exclusively back in the beta just because he thought it was hilarious, even after I begged him to stop and just kill then. Made me cry...

I definitely agree. Not everyone cares about playing to win.

I'm just pointing out it's really lame when a character is very flashy but none of the flash is useful or the best option.

What's ideal imo is a character that's flashy and yet all the flash is practical.
#10KarstienPosted 4/12/2013 8:02:06 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Karstien posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Karstien posted...

I definitely agree. Not everyone cares about playing to win.

I'm just pointing out it's really lame when a character is very flashy but none of the flash is useful or the best option.

What's ideal imo is a character that's flashy and yet all the flash is practical.

Yeah, that does suck. I play Jak, the only reason being I enjoy his play style. The mobility, the hit and runs and the satisfaction of a good read into level 1, or that beating you can give in the air where nothing they seem to do can stop you punching them left and right across the stage while Daxter tries to hold on.
---