How to balance the current "overpowered" characters, in my opinion.

#1tomandsamPosted 4/13/2013 2:51:14 PM
Sly:
- Forward Triangle, on block and hit, keeps Sly on the ground and next to the opponent so he can be punished or countered.
- Level 1 cost increased to 175 AP.
- Level 3 cost increased to 750 AP, can only take 6 pictures, and has 1.5 seconds of reduced duration.
- Landing lag, of course.
- Can't change direction during Down Square charge animation.
+ Forward Square increased to 20 AP
+ Air Neutral Triangle startup time reduced.

Raiden:
- No more comboing off of a grab.
- Level 1 increased to 200 AP
- Level 2 has 1 second of reduced duration.

Kratos:
- Up Square has a longer recovery on whiff or block.
- Can't change direction during Neutral Square string.

Coles:
- Level 1 cost increased to 150 AP.
- Level 1 only hits in front and above, not behind.
- Air Forward Square has reduced range by 33%

Good Cole:
- No more crumple off of Neutral Square string.
- Level 3 cost increased to 750 AP OR speed reverted to pre-patch.
- Ground Forward Circle has a much increased startup.

Evil Cole:
- Forward Triangle has a short cooldown, similar to Sly's Down Triangle.
- Down Triangle has a longer recovery, and the air version has less range.
- Giga Punch requires a 1-second longer charge.

Isaac:
- Mine follows same rules for absorption, durability, and blast radius that Sweet Tooth and Sly's mines follow.
- Neutral Square has a longer startup, so it can't be looped into itself for an AP burst.
+ Up Circle has a faster recovery, but has a cooldown.
+ Down Triangle builds more AP or fires more horizontally.

Kat:
- Air Down Triangle only ground-bounces when hitting a grounded opponent.
- Down Grab is a hard knockdown.
- Neutral Square's first attack has a longer startup and last attack has a longer recovery.
- Each time she gets hit, one debris falls down. Grabs or AP bursts remove all debris.

Ratchet:
- Up Triangle has a longer startup.
- Forward Triangle builds 20 AP on the final hit and is slightly more unsafe on block.
- Sniper can't be held as long and has a longer recovery.
- Level 1 has a slightly longer startup.
+ Mr. Zurkon doesn't give the enemy as much AP when hit.

Obviously, this isn't perfect. It might help the balance, however. Any suggestions?

Oh, right. I almost forgot, based on Superbot's ideas:
Big Daddy:
- reduck armr on attcks. madd OP gaiz
- air dive charj is way fast. i cnt doj cmbo aftr it. slowr it down
- level 1 too gud, slw down
- level 3 cant dodg, swim fastr 4xx
- ground pound to much ranje and den i get grabbd! NERFNERFNERF
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 4/13/2013 3:05:33 PM
I overall do not like this list.
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 4/13/2013 3:10:48 PM
I would rather they balance underpowered characters before overpowered characters.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#4ShorydoukenPosted 4/13/2013 3:21:08 PM
tomandsam posted...

Oh, right. I almost forgot, based on Superbot's ideas:
Big Daddy:
- reduck armr on attcks. madd OP gaiz
- air dive charj is way fast. i cnt doj cmbo aftr it. slowr it down
- level 1 too gud, slw down
- level 3 cant dodg, swim fastr 4xx
- ground pound to much ranje and den i get grabbd! NERFNERFNERF

I agree.
---
Not changing this sig 'till I beat Lucario's Jak once, and Crab's G.cole once. Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy. I lost a bet to SkeletonSackboy.
PSN:Luigifan20
#5DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 4/13/2013 3:41:28 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#6DX1900Posted 4/13/2013 3:46:26 PM
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
#7ChimcharwhoohooPosted 4/13/2013 3:51:29 PM
that would just DESTROY the Coles..

Evil Cole is supposed to be this agile crowd control character. giving his main crowd control move a cooldown? Are you nuts?

Reduced tether range by 1/3? Plain out. NO.

Increased Start up on Freeze Rocket for G.Cole? would destroy the majority of his combos.

Kinetic Pulse doesnt touch the backside? Thats just BS. that what it did in the game. As for the altered Cost. I can see that happening, but I believe 125 is a fair price for it.

Agreed about Giga Punch Charge though
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft PSASBR Mains: Zeus/Kat/G.Cole/E.Cole
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#8Dreadscythe-99Posted 4/13/2013 4:55:32 PM
Let Sir Daniel use his level 1 Super directly in front or behind and I'll be happy.
Oh, and nerf Kratos, because I see at least him and Sly Cooper in every match nowadays.
---
PSN: Dreadscythe-99
Playing as jawless knights since whenever.
#9tomandsam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 5:03:07 PM(edited)
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
that would just DESTROY the Coles..

Evil Cole is supposed to be this agile crowd control character. giving his main crowd control move a cooldown? Are you nuts?

Reduced tether range by 1/3? Plain out. NO.

Increased Start up on Freeze Rocket for G.Cole? would destroy the majority of his combos.

Kinetic Pulse doesnt touch the backside? Thats just BS. that what it did in the game. As for the altered Cost. I can see that happening, but I believe 125 is a fair price for it.

Agreed about Giga Punch Charge though

I understand your issue with the grenades. I was unsure what to do about that move. I was thinking that it could gain an AP buff along with the nerf, too. What other projectile can be fired so often, takes up so much of the stage, and can lead to a combo? Nariko's old disc throw could do that, but it was nerfed. Why should the grenades stay the same.

The tether does have too much range. It can lead to so much, and is completely safe against most characters when used at max range. 33% might be overboard, though. How's 10-15% sound?

Ground freeze rocket. The air version is staying the same. The only way he could combo into the ground one is off of down square, which can be replaced with other attacks and still get an AP burst. He really shouldn't be affected by this in high level play. Only bad players that rely on a raw missile for a hit-confirm will change at all.

I meant either the behind hit or the AP cost, but forgot to include that. I prefer changing the AP cost, though. 125 AP for such an easily hit-confirmed super that has such a huge hitbox? How is that fair? The other 125 AP level 1's are Parappa, Jak, Sir Dan, and Radec. How's that for a comparison?

Anyone else that's disagreeing care to explain why? I don't feel like any character was hit too hard except for maybe Sly. Everyone else, I only touched moves that were obviously too good.

EDIT: I think Raiden's level 1 would be better at 175 AP, but I'm still not 100% sure.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
#10wwinterj25Posted 4/13/2013 5:01:01 PM(edited)
I agree with this list and while you're at it give Zeus a buff please and nerf Sackboy he's way to OP.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj