How to balance the current "overpowered" characters, in my opinion.

#41CrabhammarPosted 4/13/2013 8:07:25 PM
tomandsam posted...
Cole:
- I don't understand how you're punishing a max-range tether with a grab. Nobody has a grab with that much range, even Ratchet. If positioned correctly, they're not going to whiff it, so you'll have to block or roll, neither of which recover fast enough to allow you to make your way over and grab.

Ratchet can roll towards you and grab.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
~The Artist Formerly Known As GrabSpammar~
#42Doom_JPosted 4/13/2013 8:11:54 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Doom_J posted...
Heroicmedic92 posted...
Doom_J posted...
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382

wtf have I become a meme or something?

Garfield64 did it better anyways

Yeah you are pretty famous actually around the other boards, heh.

Really? I'm guessing that's garfields fault.. so I'm assuming it's mostly about making me look like a troll or something? I probably don't want to know, lul

You're being trolled.

That link always directs you to your own profile...no matter who clicks on it. So if I clicked on it it'd direct me to my username.

A very old trick.

Oh.... well thanks for explaining that for me lol.
#43Potatoman622Posted 4/13/2013 8:40:09 PM
If anything they should increase the range of Cole's tether to the size of PM1. Then every time he whiffed with that crap I'd have a good 5 seconds to catch his landing with a super lol.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#44tomandsam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 9:30:46 PM(edited)
Heroicmedic92 posted...
Roll through Sly: Only if you have an attack with extremely long range and speed can you punish. i.e. Kratos and Kat.

-Incorrect. If you know its coming a lot of the cast can punish it. Post your character so i'll tell you how.

Roll away from Sly: You just get hit.
-Why you would roll away like an idiot is beyond me.

Air-dodge it: With the new landing lag, chances are you'll land then get hit. If not, then I guess you can punish it. If you try doing this on reaction, you'll get anti-aired by it before you actually dodge.

-This isn't an anti air technically. He is simply punishing you on landing. The new landing lag applies to everyone. How about going above Sly and see him use thunder roll? It doesn't hit above him.

Like I said the thunder roll isn't an anti air move. It can possibly be used to punish landings at best. But then again, any move in the game can be used to punish landing lag.

Also your main argument has to do with being able to combo off walls with thunder roll. That's really not a valid argument if it involves wall ESPECIALLY when people are thrown high enough most of the time so it's hard to hit them again.

- I play Big Daddy most of the time.

- I know that it's not an anti-air move. However, if you're not blocking it, you're rolling or in the air, right? It can hit at around short-hop height, which is the general jump height in matches for offense.

- My main argument was not the wall-bounce combos. That's just the part you decided to pay the most attention to. My argument was that it was too safe to just throw out. Notice how I didn't want to change its combo potential, just its block safety.

Potatoman622 posted...
If anything they should increase the range of Cole's tether to the size of PM1. Then every time he whiffed with that crap I'd have a good 5 seconds to catch his landing with a super lol.

Actually, he'd just grab the side of the level and fly over there, haha.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
#45Heroicmedic92Posted 4/13/2013 11:16:01 PM
tomandsam posted...
Heroicmedic92 posted...
Roll through Sly: Only if you have an attack with extremely long range and speed can you punish. i.e. Kratos and Kat.

-Incorrect. If you know its coming a lot of the cast can punish it. Post your character so i'll tell you how.

Roll away from Sly: You just get hit.
-Why you would roll away like an idiot is beyond me.

Air-dodge it: With the new landing lag, chances are you'll land then get hit. If not, then I guess you can punish it. If you try doing this on reaction, you'll get anti-aired by it before you actually dodge.

-This isn't an anti air technically. He is simply punishing you on landing. The new landing lag applies to everyone. How about going above Sly and see him use thunder roll? It doesn't hit above him.

Like I said the thunder roll isn't an anti air move. It can possibly be used to punish landings at best. But then again, any move in the game can be used to punish landing lag.

Also your main argument has to do with being able to combo off walls with thunder roll. That's really not a valid argument if it involves wall ESPECIALLY when people are thrown high enough most of the time so it's hard to hit them again.

- I play Big Daddy most of the time.

- I know that it's not an anti-air move. However, if you're not blocking it, you're rolling or in the air, right? It can hit at around short-hop height, which is the general jump height in matches for offense.

- My main argument was not the wall-bounce combos. That's just the part you decided to pay the most attention to. My argument was that it was too safe to just throw out. Notice how I didn't want to change its combo potential, just its block safety.

Potatoman622 posted...

Actually, he'd just grab the side of the level and fly over there, haha.

Sorry bud but there are a lot of safe moves which can combo that can be thrown out. And it's no suprise you play Big Daddy lmao. I see no reason to keep this arguement going. You lack experience. Its not safe as you advertise it is in high play if someone gets a good read on you.

At a distance by the time you jump you will be above him and can easily punish. If hes close try Big Daddy's N sq into drill. It will punish Sly. Thunder roll does have some start up time.

It is a good move but not broken.
---
PSN: Heroicmoises, alt: ImNotHeroicM
Done with Sly. Maybe... Sly/Kratos?