Discuss the Balance (1v1) Day 15: Nariko

#1mariofilho12Posted 4/14/2013 6:50:02 PM
Where do you think Nariko stands on the Tier List? - Results (83 votes)
Top Tier
8.43% (7 votes)
High Tier
3.61% (3 votes)
High Mid Tier
7.23% (6 votes)
Mid Tier
22.89% (19 votes)
Low Mid Tier
18.07% (15 votes)
Low Tier
27.71% (23 votes)
Bottom Tier
12.05% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Today we discuss the goddess of war.

So, before the patch, she wasn't even that good in 1v1, but right now, after all her nerfs, she's pretty damn terrible in this gamemode. I still think she's pretty good in 2v2, but in 1v1 she just gets outclassed in so many ways, and having to go for a level 3 when it can't guarantee an instant win like sackboy's also really hurts her. I'm voting for Low Tier

What do you guys think though?
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
PSN: Cardender
#2naruko243Posted 4/14/2013 7:22:14 PM
Im curious as to why people say high-mid/ high tier
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#3fulcar95Posted 4/15/2013 1:48:45 AM
I'm still kicking ass with her, black belt in both FFA and 2v2. Way more wins than losses. She was nerfed, yeah, but so were her biggest threats. I can handle Drakes, Kratos, Slys, Evil Coles, etc WAY easier then before. I have to work a bit harder yeah, but so do they. Her only big disadvantage is losing her only hit confirm into a lvl 1, cause now she has the worst lvl 1 in the game. Otherwise her lvl 2 was still nicely buffed with infinite ammo, and her lvl 3 can still get up to 9 kills.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#4blaze19_0XPosted 4/15/2013 1:52:52 AM
fulcar95 posted...
I'm still kicking ass with her, black belt in both FFA and 2v2. Way more wins than losses. She was nerfed, yeah, but so were her biggest threats. I can handle Drakes, Kratos, Slys, Evil Coles, etc WAY easier then before. I have to work a bit harder yeah, but so do they. Her only big disadvantage is losing her only hit confirm into a lvl 1, cause now she has the worst lvl 1 in the game. Otherwise her lvl 2 was still nicely buffed with infinite ammo, and her lvl 3 can still get up to 9 kills.

Read the topic title before posting.
#5CrabhammarPosted 4/15/2013 4:44:51 AM
mariofilho12 posted...
So, before the patch, she wasn't even that good in 1v1

http://replygif.net/i/166.gif
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#6fulcar95Posted 4/15/2013 7:13:31 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
fulcar95 posted...

Read the topic title before posting.

I did. You make it sound like 1v1 doesn't exist in FFA and 2v2, which are the only modes in the game, so the topic is already somewhat irrelevant, but I'm posting my response anyway. FFA is essentially 1v1v1v1, you are always aiming to target a single person at a time, the only difference is that another opponent can occasionally get hit by the same attack, and that "bonus" either gives you more AP or an extra kill depending on the attack/super. In that respect, having multiple attacks that can hit multiple opponents makes for a pretty strong character (like Kratos), but since kills are required to win, going for a super that guarantees several kills also makes a pretty strong character. Nariko's lvl 3 is one of few that can get 3 kills on a single person, which I've done to win matches especially if the other two players quit. Yeah it means building lots of AP, but she has burst combos for that, and yeah her lvl 3 equals like 5 lvl 1s for Raiden, which he can confirm, and that's why he's ranked higher on the tier list, but against others who can't confirm, she takes the win.
---
#7Blue_BaIIzPosted 4/19/2013 10:15:13 PM
fulcar95 posted...

Every high level player knows that black belts mean squat, whether it's in FFA or 2v2. You got them playing back to back scrubs, which proves nothing.

Take that Nariko of yours to streams or stacked tournaments and you'll realize how much Nariko was screwed over by the patch. These are pure 1v1s btw, not that FFA garbage.
#8fulcar95Posted 4/22/2013 1:51:37 PM
Blue_BaIIz posted...
fulcar95 posted...

Every high level player knows that black belts mean squat, whether it's in FFA or 2v2. You got them playing back to back scrubs, which proves nothing.

Take that Nariko of yours to streams or stacked tournaments and you'll realize how much Nariko was screwed over by the patch. These are pure 1v1s btw, not that FFA garbage.

Playing the game online in the only modes it has is all that matters. If you wanna take this game as seriously as SF and MVC3 and do tournaments with your own rules then that's fine, but the rules of the game are timed FFA and 2v2 matches, so if the leaderboards say im better than 90% of all players in this game, then that means I'm better than 90% of all players in this game, not just some random people in a room.
---
#9Potatoman622Posted 4/22/2013 1:58:56 PM
I'm gonna go with mid tier. She is definitely not helpless. I think she has a very good move set and her specials are what really hold her back. If she had good ways to hit confirm into her 1 and 2 I think she would be high tier.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
#10fulcar95Posted 4/22/2013 2:00:49 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
I'm gonna go with mid tier. She is definitely not helpless. I think she has a very good move set and her specials are what really hold her back. If she had good ways to hit confirm into her 1 and 2 I think she would be high tier.

My thoughts exactly.
---