Discuss the Balance (1v1) Day 15: Nariko

#11Ginta2468Posted 4/22/2013 2:29:38 PM
fulcar95 posted...
Blue_BaIIz posted...
fulcar95 posted...
I'm still kicking ass with her, black belt in both FFA and 2v2. Way more wins than losses. She was nerfed, yeah, but so were her biggest threats. I can handle Drakes, Kratos, Slys, Evil Coles, etc WAY easier then before. I have to work a bit harder yeah, but so do they. Her only big disadvantage is losing her only hit confirm into a lvl 1, cause now she has the worst lvl 1 in the game. Otherwise her lvl 2 was still nicely buffed with infinite ammo, and her lvl 3 can still get up to 9 kills.

Every high level player knows that black belts mean squat, whether it's in FFA or 2v2. You got them playing back to back scrubs, which proves nothing.

Take that Nariko of yours to streams or stacked tournaments and you'll realize how much Nariko was screwed over by the patch. These are pure 1v1s btw, not that FFA garbage.

Playing the game online in the only modes it has is all that matters. If you wanna take this game as seriously as SF and MVC3 and do tournaments with your own rules then that's fine, but the rules of the game are timed FFA and 2v2 matches, so if the leaderboards say im better than 90% of all players in this game, then that means I'm better than 90% of all players in this game, not just some random people in a room.

Saying the learderboards actually judge skill is one of the biggest jokes this game can have. With the lag switchers, raqequitters, the glitch abusers, items being on during rank (eg Leech Beam), a lot of the players being scrubs, fighting the same people over and over and you keep winning, using afk players as a ap doll, etc.

Black Belts mean absolutely squat in this game, most of them suck as much as a white belt but just abuse their ways to victory instead, whether FFA or 2v2. If any top level player wanted to, they could easily take a top 10 spot, but what is the point in such a bs mode?

Anyways back on topic, I consider her low-mid or mid, if we were to go MU based probably at the bottom of mid tier, that patch hurt way more then it should.
---
Lizardheart is a scrub
#12fulcar95Posted 4/22/2013 10:03:26 PM
Ginta2468 posted...
fulcar95 posted...
Blue_BaIIz posted...
fulcar95 posted...
I'm still kicking ass with her, black belt in both FFA and 2v2. Way more wins than losses. She was nerfed, yeah, but so were her biggest threats. I can handle Drakes, Kratos, Slys, Evil Coles, etc WAY easier then before. I have to work a bit harder yeah, but so do they. Her only big disadvantage is losing her only hit confirm into a lvl 1, cause now she has the worst lvl 1 in the game. Otherwise her lvl 2 was still nicely buffed with infinite ammo, and her lvl 3 can still get up to 9 kills.

Every high level player knows that black belts mean squat, whether it's in FFA or 2v2. You got them playing back to back scrubs, which proves nothing.

Take that Nariko of yours to streams or stacked tournaments and you'll realize how much Nariko was screwed over by the patch. These are pure 1v1s btw, not that FFA garbage.

Playing the game online in the only modes it has is all that matters. If you wanna take this game as seriously as SF and MVC3 and do tournaments with your own rules then that's fine, but the rules of the game are timed FFA and 2v2 matches, so if the leaderboards say im better than 90% of all players in this game, then that means I'm better than 90% of all players in this game, not just some random people in a room.

Saying the learderboards actually judge skill is one of the biggest jokes this game can have. With the lag switchers, raqequitters, the glitch abusers, items being on during rank (eg Leech Beam), a lot of the players being scrubs, fighting the same people over and over and you keep winning, using afk players as a ap doll, etc.

Black Belts mean absolutely squat in this game, most of them suck as much as a white belt but just abuse their ways to victory instead, whether FFA or 2v2. If any top level player wanted to, they could easily take a top 10 spot, but what is the point in such a bs mode?

Anyways back on topic, I consider her low-mid or mid, if we were to go MU based probably at the bottom of mid tier, that patch hurt way more then it should.

The leaderboards were plagued by hackers, sackboy spammers (before the nerfs), kratos, drakes, raidens, slys, etc., players who used broken exploits for easy wins to get to the top. Everyone knows that, but Nariko has no exploit, no hit confirm, no infinite, no nothing, so getting a black belt with her means you dominated everyone who DOES have an exploit through sheer skill alone. Losing even once knocks you down a crap ton of points, while beating weaklings only gives you a tiny amount of BP. If there were better players out there, these "top level players" you refer to who apparently don't play online cause its bs or whatever reason, then they might as well not exist.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#13Blue_BaIIzPosted 4/22/2013 10:50:31 PM
fulcar95 posted...
Blue_BaIIz posted...
fulcar95 posted...

I did take this game seriously in 1v1s and had top tournament placings before her nerf, and correct me if I'm wrong but this topic says 1v1 in it, right? FFA and 2v2 does not mean 1v1, and both of those modes are nothing to me. Again, this is about 1v1 where I consider her mid tier.

Congrats on your leaderboard position or whatever you feel you should be praised for.
#14KingTumbleweedPosted 4/22/2013 10:54:05 PM
There seems to be a lot of "I and me" in this thread.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#15Ginta2468Posted 4/23/2013 3:04:09 AM
Well congrats on your black belt then, doesn't really mean much but oh well. Seriously though, getting a black belt is not hard, I basically got mine 3 months ago for titles then stopped playing it.

Also, why are we talking about FFA and 2v2 in a thread about 1v1 anyways?
---
Lizardheart is a scrub