So best way to Dante loop is???

#11Azns_unitePosted 4/15/2013 12:22:50 PM
I use up triangle, back circle, then circle. Didn't really care much about other methods but it works just fine with me, just remember to hit left/right when doing special to choose where you wanna hit.
#12hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:39:55 PM
Alright so I fluked the loop once which was really satisfying but I can't repeat it. After pressing back circle, he flies off in the other direction. Am I not pushing square fast enough? If I go to fast, the square for the next set of the loop sends the guy flying. Pressing circle twice does the counter which I can't cancel into square combo

What am I doing wrong?
---
No one has the balls to fight these days. It's all about zoning & full screen fireballs
#13hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 9:25:37 PM
What do I push after back circle? Should I speed up or slow down the input? Does anyone know???
---
No one has the balls to fight these days. It's all about zoning & full screen fireballs
#14hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 1:42:41 AM
Omg nevermind, I'm getting the hang of it! What I was doing wrong is cancelling too early. I was pushing triangle before the third square attack was over. I just have to delay that part then speed up the up triangle, back circle. Wow where have I been all my life!? This loop is so satisfying to land. There is a new Dante on the loose! :P
---
#15blaze19_0XPosted 4/16/2013 1:56:57 AM(edited)
hellfire000 posted...
Omg nevermind, I'm getting the hang of it! What I was doing wrong is cancelling too early. I was pushing triangle before the third square attack was over. I just have to delay that part then speed up the up triangle, back circle. Wow where have I been all my life!? This loop is so satisfying to land. There is a new Dante on the loose! :P

Can you combo into level 1 though?

You're right, you are supposed to wait until after the third hit connects.

But you can't wait too long or the only thing you can get is another square (sometimes not even that) when the entire purpose of empty cancelling is so he can combo into level 1. And you have to do it pretty fast to combo into level 1.

Because Dante has tons of 150AP combos even without empty cancelling.
#16Azns_unitePosted 4/16/2013 6:08:24 AM
Once you know You can empty cancel you can also try square 3x, triangle (to shoot the guns when they are crumbled) up triangle, back circle then neutral circle.

I got this tip from an amazing dante I randomly teamed up with online
#17hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 11:36:57 AM
Alright thanks, I'll try the gun thing when I've fully mastered it. I'm pretty beast doing it after only only 20 mins practice. Just needed to find the right rythym and timing.

Last questions:

What is the best combo to do if you catch someone in the air?

I think I did the loop 4-5 times before it ended the combo, would it be better to stop the loop after 3 or 4 times and then launch them up and combo? If so, what is the best combo to do after empty cancelling a few times?
---
#18blaze19_0XPosted 4/16/2013 3:18:00 PM(edited)
hellfire000 posted...
Alright thanks, I'll try the gun thing when I've fully mastered it. I'm pretty beast doing it after only only 20 mins practice. Just needed to find the right rythym and timing.

Last questions:

What is the best combo to do if you catch someone in the air?

I think I did the loop 4-5 times before it ended the combo, would it be better to stop the loop after 3 or 4 times and then launch them up and combo? If so, what is the best combo to do after empty cancelling a few times?

First of all, you didn't answer my question.

Can you combo into level 1 with it? That's the most important thing.
#19CrabhammarPosted 4/16/2013 3:26:41 PM
hellfire000 posted...
Your the second person to suggest that so it really must be the best, alright I'll try that once I'm home today, thanks a ton!!!!

My biggest issue has always been that after looping once, when I try the square combo again AFTER empty cancelling, he does the final hit of the square combo right away at first and that sends the guy flying!

Tap it three times; don't mash until he throws out the third hit.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#20Exo_IcarusPosted 4/16/2013 3:53:16 PM
Just gun loop with Isaac, it's a little easier to do and pisses people off a lot more :3