How would you give Sweet Tooth more variety?

#1LanceDrakePosted 4/16/2013 5:49:04 AM
Since there's a topic pointing out that Sweet Tooth does in fact have a pretty spammy playstyle, how would you change him up so that he has more variety?

I mean, this is never gonna happen, because the game's pretty much dead, but it's more of a "what if" kind of thing.

Ground down square: Probably less start up time. Seems pretty risky to use considering there's significant start up and recovery time on it.

Air down square: Active frames during the drop instead of only the landing.

Chainsaw: Here's a high risk move with not much range, and has less AP gain than just using a shotgun, which has instant start up and is safer, anyway. I propose that Sweet Tooth chucks the chainsaw in an arc after he spins it (in whichever direction is being held), and it hits for a good chunk of AP, maybe 15-25. Chainsaw also keeps going until it hits the ground, so through people if necessary. Least then Sweet Tooth has a better ranged option when people are leaving him alone.

Machete toss: Just up the AP gain, 15-20 should be good. 10's pretty low for something with poor range. Only reason I wouldn't change the range is because it can set up combos when used correctly, and if it were made more horizontal, it'd essentially be the molotov. Next best thing would be to make the toss more vertical.

Molotov: Increase to 10 AP on impact, and drop fire no matter what. The fire dropped also covers a wider area, but only on area can be active at a time. This should help put pressure on opponents to not stay in one place away from Sweet Tooth.

Flamethrower: AP gain's the only real issue. It's 18 right now if you land every hit. Make it more like 30.

And supers, because why not

Level 2: Increase radius a bit more, please

Level 3: Makes it so you can't safely camp inside of it. Also make it so you can air stomp (like Emmett's Starhawk), and stop spinning the chain gun when you wish. With all these changes, they might have to decrease the duration a bit more to keep it balanced.
---
Alt of NDgamer
Building up Karma til I can make this my main
#2JammerzWPosted 4/16/2013 6:17:19 AM(edited)
Instead of the side circle molotov, I genuinely wish they'd given ST a move similar to Drake's barrel. I've been thinking for a while how cool it would be for Sweet Tooth to throw out a flaming car tyre- real Twisted Metal style. He'd be zoned out a lot less.

Sweet Tooth kicks out a flaming car tyre, rebounds off of walls
Grounded version - rolls straight ahead of ST
Air version - Falls diagonally forwards and down, bounces when it hits the floor and continues to bounces depending on height of move activation.

travels for about 4 or so meters max. (after it hits the floor)

20 AP

Edit: I do love the molotov and use it A LOT, but I couldn't think of another move to replace. Come to think of it, the fire breath would probably be a better move to replace!
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#3DrunkenMegamanPosted 4/16/2013 6:14:25 AM
I've been playing ST a lot lately, and after discovering more about how he currently plays, I whole-heartedly agree with this.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65789121
#4LanceDrake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 6:19:16 AM
Instead of the side circle molotov, I genuinely wish they'd given ST a move similar to Drake's barrel. I've been thinking for a while how cool it would be for Sweet Tooth to throw out a flaming car tyre- real Twisted Metal style. He'd be zoned out a lot less.

Air version - Falls diagonally forwards and down, bounces when it hits the floor and continues to bounces depending on height of move activation.

20 AP

I'd honestly rather Drake be Drake and ST be ST. I like the molotovs as-is, as it seems like a weapon he would use. I suppose the same could be said about the tire, though.

Honestly, we don't really have a character with a chip damage attack with a controllable range. That would make ST pretty unique in his ranged attack.
---
Alt of NDgamer
#5JammerzWPosted 4/16/2013 6:21:53 AM
LanceDrake posted...

20 AP

I'd honestly rather Drake be Drake and ST be ST. I like the molotovs as-is, as it seems like a weapon he would use. I suppose the same could be said about the tire, though.

Honestly, we don't really have a character with a chip damage attack with a controllable range. That would make ST pretty unique in his ranged attack.

Yeah, I get you.
I don't like Drake's barrel in particular, it was just the first thing that came to mind for a ranged attack to do with a tyre. I edited my last post because I do enjoy the molotov myself
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#6DireProphecyPosted 4/16/2013 7:21:41 AM
He's the character I use second most now, and I just wish he had more combos.. somehow. The flaming tire kick thing would be sweet too.
Although a few days ago I did an AP burst doing nothing but up circle on sandover village.
#7AndKevinBaconPosted 4/16/2013 9:18:31 AM
He should have ice cream somewhere in his moveset
#8LanceDrake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 9:20:51 AM
He should have ice cream somewhere in his moveset

"Ice cream?"

He should have a counter move where he licks an ice cream cone (through his mask I guess, idgaf). If someone hits him, the fire on his head creates an explosion that coats him.
---
Alt of NDgamer
#9Nightstryk3r619Posted 4/17/2013 6:34:21 PM
more explosives, like my Joker moveset.

The new Ricochet bomb, that essentially an RC car with C-4 attached to it, seems like a great addition to replace that stupid flamebreath.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#10Doom_JPosted 4/17/2013 7:10:00 PM
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
more explosives, like my Joker moveset.

The new Ricochet bomb, that essentially an RC car with C-4 attached to it, seems like a great addition to replace that stupid flamebreath.

/\ this. Anyone remember that (just... horrible) little kid version of twisted metal with RC cars? It should activate alot faster than spikes though, especially since it would explode, rather than letting him follow up for a lvl 1 (not that he needs it)

Also, I think what they should do with his chainsaw is make him able to move faster while spinning it, maybe about the speed of G.coles lvl 3 or a little less. Also you can hold it to spin longer and gain up to 35 (this would be pretty unique for him, since no other character has a move quite like this)