Are you wondering why some people are making a big deal of Host Advantage?

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 4/16/2013 1:33:11 PM
If the HA stuff is real, then the competitive scene will probably die down.

According to "them", the host screen is always half a second ahead of the guests', which can mess with a lot of setups/timing. Dabuz gave some good examples of this back in another thread. I could link it if you guys want.

Its just that now, if this is true, people will know that the host has the advantage. While when before, all of the trippy stuff that happened was just dismissed as random lag.

The main people who are making a big deal about this were the ones who really cared about the competitive scene that this game had. If you can't have 1v1s online that are 100% fair, then..... Well I guess there would be a significant decrease in online tourneys. Of course you could win with the HA against you, but it can determine the outcome of a lot of matches.

This wont really affect me much though, I'll still play 1v1s as frequently as I did before. I'm just sad that (IF the whole HA thing is true) competitive play for this game will be seen as even more of a joke than it already was.

If you didn't believe in or care about competitive play anyway, then this shouldn't be a problem for you. Its not going to stop me from playing though, not one bit.

I guess this game could still have an offline scene but I don't see it happening.
#2blaze19_0XPosted 4/16/2013 1:34:34 PM
Fighclub still exists. It's happening right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/crouchingfiercetv/new

But yeah serious tournaments for the game? I dunno...
#3IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 1:35:57 PM
Again, I'm not entirely convinced this is all true anyway.

But the people who were said to have tested the whole thing (Dabuz/Lizard/Ayala) were the main people who invested their time and dedication into the competitive scene. I don't really see why they'd lie about this.
#4blaze19_0XPosted 4/16/2013 1:36:57 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

But the people who were said to have tested the whole thing (Dabuz/Lizard/Ayala) were the main people who invested their time and dedication into the competitive scene. I don't really see why they'd lie about this.

Takeya has confirmed it as well. He's in the best position to know. I'm pretty sure it exists now.
#5MyZombieFianceePosted 4/16/2013 1:43:46 PM(edited)
Someone clarify this?

The other day I was in a 1v1 with a Ratchet. He got me in a grab loop, even though some times I rolled behind him. This would be host advantage, yeah? I haven't seen it in action yet, so I'm still a bit in the dark about it ._.
---
PSN: PersonaSkelter
Now Playing: God Of War Saga, Far Cry 3, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
#6Doom_JPosted 4/16/2013 1:46:29 PM
MyZombieFiancee posted...
Someone clarify this?

The other day I was in a 1v1 with a Ratchet. He got me in a grab loop, even though some times I rolled behind him. This would be host advantage, yeah? I haven't seen it in action yet, so I'm still a bit in the dark about it ._.

Its possible. Lag does still exist, but that sounds more like an HA problem. If it were lag, he'd probably still have gotten you once the game registered it as a grab after you saw yourself being physically behind him, least that's what I think.
#7Doom_JPosted 4/16/2013 1:47:33 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Takeya has confirmed it as well. He's in the best position to know. I'm pretty sure it exists now.

So now its been confirmed by 3-4 folks, huh?
#8blaze19_0XPosted 4/16/2013 1:49:46 PM
Doom_J posted...
Someone clarify this?

Its possible. Lag does still exist, but that sounds more like an HA problem. If it were lag, he'd probably still have gotten you once the game registered it as a grab after you saw yourself being physically behind him, least that's what I think.

Yeah but grabs hard beat out rolls as they are happening if you are in range anyway.

It could have been normal.

NEVER roll towards Ratchet. Or use rolls to approach in general. Very punishable.
#9MyZombieFianceePosted 4/16/2013 1:50:00 PM
Doom_J posted...
Someone clarify this?

Hm...I might play some more 1v1's later on today. I never host, so I can't tell the difference between having HA and not having it...
---
PSN: PersonaSkelter
Now Playing: God Of War Saga, Far Cry 3, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
#10Doom_JPosted 4/16/2013 1:53:49 PM
Doom_J posted...
Someone clarify this?

Hm...I might play some more 1v1's later on today. I never host, so I can't tell the difference between having HA and not having it...

Hey, I'll 1v1 with you if ya want (lol not that it would prove anything, I lack recording equipment. I just enjoy 1v1's)