If you don't use a character you like because you think they are seen as nooby..

#1blaze19_0XPosted 4/17/2013 11:16:24 AM(edited)
You should stop using approximately......every character in the game.

Somewhere out there right now, at least one person believes Radec/Toro/Sir Dan are the most broken characters ever and take no skill to play.

Point is, you won't ever be able to impress or get acknowledgement from everyone so it's foolish to try to. So basing your character choices off this makes no sense.

Now any experienced player will tell you, every character does take skill to use. There's no character you can use as someone that sucks at the game and instantly beat competent or high level players. THAT would be the true definition of a skilless character.
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 4/17/2013 11:21:40 AM(edited)
But everyone will call me a scrub If I play as Kratos.
---
"I hate all of you anyways :D"
~ my history teacher
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 4/17/2013 11:25:28 AM
If you actually care about what people think of how you play, you shouldn't play.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#4RoyMaster4Posted 4/17/2013 11:34:21 AM
You can get destroyed by a brand new player using Radec when you're a high level Kratos because you're in a FFA match, and the other 2 people in the match are focusing on you and leaving the Radec alone.

Sure, what you said is true in a 1v1 setting, but 1v1 this game is not.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 11:36:21 AM(edited)
RoyMaster4 posted...
You can get destroyed by a brand new player using Radec when you're a high level Kratos because you're in a FFA match, and the other 2 people in the match are focusing on you and leaving the Radec alone.

FFA is unfair by it's very nature. No fair comparisons of anything can be made in that mode. That mode cannot be taken seriously in any setting.
#6RoyalShinePosted 4/17/2013 11:37:49 AM
I agree. I like using characters I know, because I feel closer to them. I don't care if I get judged, because apparently every character is OP, unfair, spammy, annoying, etc.

I just feel closer to people whose games I played (I.E. Coles, Nathan, Spike, Sly, Jak)
---
3DS FC: 1032-1536-0751 ||| Xbox GT: KickassPudding ||| PSN: KickassPudding ||| Nintendo ID: mattzarr
#7RainbowsaurusPosted 4/17/2013 11:38:12 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
If you actually care about what people think of how you play, you shouldn't play.

That's why I stopped playing it
---
"I hate all of you anyways :D"
~ my history teacher
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 4/17/2013 1:09:40 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

FFA is unfair by it's very nature. No fair comparisons of anything can be made in that mode. That mode cannot be taken seriously in any setting.

Except this game caters specifically to FFA, because it wasn't made for 1v1 in the slightest. Also the difference is Kratos is -actually- OP (something that might have changed with the balance change I wasn't around for). No character should be as easy-mode to use -and- completely dominant as Kratos is.

That two Kratos can be picked in a 2v2 is mind-blowing.

That I had to deal with so many Kratos scrubs on my journey to get a black belt was nothing short of rage-inducing, that I never got my black belt because SuperBot sucks was enough to make me quit the game.

Kratos isn't just "seen" as nooby or OP, he is (or was). I would never even think to touch Kratos in this game, just like I'd never use Sagat in vanilla SFIV, or Sentinel in MvC2. God forbid I actually promote a little variety, or -try- to get my wins.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9wwinterj25Posted 4/17/2013 1:11:44 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...

This. I suck and quite honestly don't care. I play as whoever I want whenever I want because it's fun to me. It also makes a win that more great when it happens. :D
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#10CChoochPosted 4/17/2013 1:47:33 PM(edited)
I love Sly Cooper. I love the Sly Cooper series. I have every reason to play Sly Cooper in this game. I just can't bring myself to use him. He's way too easy.

Sly's super easy and he has a serious lack of depth. Because he lacks depth he's not interesting. Because he's not interesting he's not fun. Because he's not fun I don't play him a lot.

So yeah, I don't use Sly Cooper because he's noob friendly more or less. Not gonna stop playing PlayStation All-Stars in general because of it tho'.
---
PSN: RadRed