Pokemon Trainer Red move-set

#1G-ScythePosted 4/18/2013 6:03:50 PM
Pokemon Trainer Red
Stance-based fighter. 4 stances for each lead Pokémon. (Pikachu, Blastoise, Venusaur, Charizard) [Red is a Pokemon champion, unlike the kid from Smash. His starters have evolved by now]
Special mobility: You control the Pokemon that is in lead. Red follows the Pokemon around the stage.
When in water, Red calls back his Pokemon and brings out Lapras to ride on the water indefinitely. Lapras can shoot Ice Beams forward to freeze enemies. Jumping back on land will automatically call out the last Pokemon used.

Circle button is used for stance changes.
Circle button:
N: Venusaur - stance change / Synthesis (solar energy surrounds Venusaur, giving AP)
S: Pikachu - stance change / Discharge (electricity surrounds Pikachu shocking any close opponents)
U: Charizard - stance change / Dragon Rage (Charizard as he breathes fire upward while roaring)
D: Blastoise - stance change / Protect (gives Blastoise temporary super armor to avoid knockback from attacks/chance to counter)
When Pikachu is not lead Pokemon, he sits on Red's shoulder. The other Pokemon come in via pokeball. If the Pokemon is already out, they just use the secondary attack.

Pikachu
Square attacks:
N: Headbutt - single headbutt. In air, Pikachu does a flip in the air.
S: Volt Tackle - chargeable tackle move. when fully charged, the attack gains extra AP through electrical damage (like Zeus)
U: Quick attack - teleport. can be used to quickly dash in any direction once. If you go through any enemy during the attack, you gain AP. Very slight knockback.
D: Iron Tail - Does a forward flip, hitting the opponent with his tail downward. Hard knockdown. In air, sends opponent to ground.
Triangle Attacks:
N: Thunder wave - has a wave shoot forward, paralyzing the opponent for a few seconds. Paralyze is a new status condition in the game. It stops opponents from being able to use their attacks and their mobility is slowed down.
S: Thunderbolt - creates a circular thunderbolt in front of Pikachu. chargeable. Can trap opponents inside attack until final blast.
U: Thunder - summons a storm cloud to hit Pikachu with a lightning bolt from above
D: Double team - creates Pikachu illusions that will mirror Pikachu's attacks. Only the real Pikachu's attacks will hurt opponents. Used to trick opponents. Copies disappear when hit.
Throws:
S: Pikachu grabs the opponent and rolls forward with them, throwing them forward.
U: Pikachu throws the opponent upward and hits them with a lightning bolt.
D: Pikachu hugs the opponent and electrocutes them. Crumple.

Blastoise:
Square:
N: Mega Punch - punches the opponent twice
S: Withdraw - goes into his shell and travels forward
U: Waterfall - Blastoise travels upward in a wave.
D: Rapid spin - Blastoise spins in place in his shell, slight vacuum effect. Will destroy any ground traps.
Triangle:
N: Bubblebeam- shoots bubbles forward. they travel forward, and slowly stop in the air. The bubbles float in the air until either an opponent hits them or they pop after 5 seconds.
S: Hydro Pump - chargeable. Blastoise shoots water from his cannons. When fully charged, has massive knockback and AP gain.
U: Rain Dance - Blastoise summons a storm cloud above him. Water rains down from the cloud for ten seconds. When under the rain cloud, Blastoise's water based attacks and Pikachu's electrical attacks gain extra AP. Opponent Pokemon can use the rain to their advantage too.
D: Surf - When pressed - Blastoise creates a wave that traps and carries opponents away from him. When held, Blastoise will ride the wave until it disappears. Makes him move faster but vulnerable.
Throws:
N: Grabs opponent and hits them with a Head Butt.
U: Throws opponent up and hits them with water shooting out of his cannons.
D: Throws opponent down and Body Slams them with his shell.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#2G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:04:36 PM
Venusaur:
Square:
N: Vine Whip - Venusaur hits opponent in close range with vines multiple times
S: Vine Grapple - Venusaur shoots the vine forward to grab opponents and then pulls them in for an attack. Think Kratos' side square but in reverse.
U: Sludge Bomb -flower spits out a purple blob in an upward arc. explodes when it hits and opponent or the ground. Poison effect for 1 second.
D: Petal Dance - petals swirl around Venusaur, hitting opponents from all sides
Triangle:
N: Solar Beam - needs to be charged. Shoots a large beam of solar energy. Can be aimed while charging.
S: Razor Leaf - shoots leaves forward.
U: Sleep Powder/Poison Powder /Stun Spore- creates a cloud of powder that lingers for 5 seconds. The 3 attacks cycle. Sleep Powder will put opponents to sleep for 2 seconds. Poison Powder will make the opponents lose AP for 5 seconds. Stun Spore will paralyze the opponent for 3 seconds. (look at Pikachu's thunder wave for paralyze explanation)
D: Leech seed - plants seeds on ground. any opponent standing on the seeds gives AP to Venusaur. Seeds will normally disappear after 5 seconds. If seeds are hit with Rain Dance, their life is prolonged for another 5 seconds after the rain stops. If then they are hit with Sunny Day, they bloom. Bloomed leech seeds give more AP and are permanent until Venusaur uses the attack again.
Throws:
N: Giga Drains the opponent. Crumple
U: Throws opponent on flower and then hits them with an explosion of spores.
D: Grabs opponent with vines and slams them down on the ground. Hard knockdown.

Charizard
Special mobility - Charizard can glide by holding down the jump button
Square:
N: Slash - slashes forward with claws twice
S: Rock Smash - smashes a boulder
U: Sky Attack - launches self into the air covered by flames
D: Earthquake - Charizard stomps on the ground, sending seismic activity that hits opponents on the ground near him. Can be mashed to prolong the attack for multiple hits. (Think Big Daddy's Drill Smash) If used in the air, attack will not start until Charizard hits the ground.
Triangle:
N: Flamethrower - breathes fire forward, can be held down for 2 seconds
S: Fire blast - chargable. shoots a giant fireball forward. If the fully charged fire ball hits and opponent, causes a huge explosion that looks like the Daimonji. 大
U: Sunny Day - Summons a beam of bright light above him. Inside this beam of light, Charizard's fire based moves are powered up, as well as Venasaur's solar based moves. Venasaur's Solarbeam charges quicker as well.
D: Fly - Charizard flies into the air and then swoops back down to hit opponents. Can be cancelled in the air by hitting another button. In air, will just swoop back down to hit opponents.
Thows:
N: Bites opponent and throws them with his mouth.
U: Throws opponent up and jumps up to hit them with a Wing Attack.
D: Seismic Toss - flies into the air and then throws opponent back into the ground

SUPERS:
Lvl1: Masterball - Red throws the Masterball forward. If he hits an opponent, they will become trapped inside. If it traps an opponent, it will shake 3 times, then explode, killing the opponent and any opponents close enough to the blast.
Lvl2: Go Snorlax!: Red sends Snorlax out, who will run around attacking opponents like Kuma, killing anyone he touches. After the super ends, he will fall backward and go to sleep before disappearing.
---
#3G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:05:18 PM
Lvl 3: Team Battle!
The 3 starters each use their pledge attacks (Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Glass Pledge).
A storm appears over the stage. Opponents have swirling elements appear around them, slowing them down for the first kill. The starters go around the stage shooting their ultimate attacks (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon) that will kill any opponent hit by the beams. Each needs to recharge for a few seconds after using the attack. You take control of Pikachu, who has also powered himself up by having lightning from the storm strike him. All his attacks kill, every couple of seconds he is struck by lightning, will can also kill opponents hit by the bolt. At the end, the storm clears and a rainbow appears.
Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEIRoiHP3A

Costumes:
Default - Pkmn Trainer Red http://plus4chan.org/boards/pkmn/src/127176781614.jpg
Pokemon have default appearance
Alt 1 - Pkmn Trainer Blue http://a396.idata.over-blog.com/150x250/1/16/22/30/PIC--/PokemonTrainerBlue-1.png
Pokemon wear costumes that slightly resemble Jolteon (Pikachu), Pidgeot (Charizard), Exeggutor (Venasaur), and Rhydon (Blastoise)
Alt 2 - Pkmn Trainer Leaf http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090401151418/nintendo/en/images/a/a8/Leaf.png
Pokemon have feminine hats/bows, as well as their species gender differences. (Pikachu has heart shaped tail) [female voice actor replaces default]
DLC - Team Rocket outfit http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq222/KingKRool/RocketGrunt.png
Pokemon wear costumes that resemble a Rattata (Pikachu), Zubat (Charizard), Koffing (Blastoise), and Muk (Venasaur)

Victory Themes:
Defeated a Trainer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFch6XO5I_c
A New Adventure Begins! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7ivinTacg

Taunts: (only 3 taunts, but each Pokemon will act slightly different)
Let's Go! - Red shouts "Let's go ____" The Pokemon then yells their name.
Snack Break - Red will feed the Pokemon a "donut"
Not the Time or Place - Red takes out his bike. You hear Prof. Oak say "Now isn't the time to use that", and Red puts it away. (Uses cartoon voice actor)

Intros: (intros have secondary effect, as they determine what your starting Pokemon will be)
Trainer Battle - An exclamation point box appears over Red's head. He tips his hat and Pikachu jumps down in front of him.
Time for Battle - Venusaur walks in to the stage with Red relaxing on his back.
Surf's Up! - Red comes into the stage riding on a wave with Blastoise.
Flight of the Dragon - Red flies in on Charizard's back.

Outros:
I Do What I Want - Red rides off on his bike
Best Friends Forever - Red cuddles with whatever Pokemon he had out at the end of the fight
A New Legend - Red looks up as a giant shadow flies over him, which he then chases after
King of the Mountain - Red looks down upon us with all of his Pokemon out
Winning screen is him looking smug with Pikachu on his shoulder.
Losing:
Black Screen with text box "Red is out of usable Pokemon. Red whited out"
Losing screen is Red spraying a passed out Pikachu with a potion.
---
#4G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:07:13 PM
Arcade Intro/Outro:
Intro and outro are narrated by the narrator from the cartoon.
"After becoming Champion, Red decided to give up his title in order to continue training his Pokemon. Hearing word of a new world with fantastical creatures, Red set out to explore these new areas in hope of finding new Pokemon to test his team against. Red has also heard that this new world contains a power unlike any Pokemon has displayed before. Red must find it before anyone else does if he truly wants to be the very best, like no ever was..."
Rival: I don't know who this is yet, but it's someone cartoony with animal-like features that Red confuses for a new Pokemon. One of the scenes will be him using his Pokedex, with it being unable to determine what the rival is.
"After defeating Polygon Man, Red returned back to Mount Silver in order to continue training his Pokemon. Red was very proud of his Pokemon for their victory, but their training does not stop here. Though with this new power, *Pokemon have AP energy swirl around them* Red's Pokemon have performed unlike ever before. Red does not know what the future will bring, but he is ready for any challenger." The final screen shows Pokemon Trainer Gold walking towards Red as he looks over the mountain.

Polygon Man Finisher:
Calls out all 6 Pokemon for a final combined attack.
Blast Burn
Frenzy Plant
Hydro Cannon
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
---
#5Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/18/2013 8:43:43 PM
This is awesome. Him battling my Mewtwo moveset :0
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#6G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:54:39 PM(edited)
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

thanks.after all this work I put into it, i'm glad I could count on you to make at least one comment on it
and yeah I was thinking about your Mewtwo one when making this, i thought about making him the rival but to have 2 rivals from the same game wouldn't be really crossoverish

I think most people are TL;DRing this...
---
#7Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/18/2013 9:13:23 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

thanks.after all this work I put into it, i'm glad I could count on you to make at least one comment on it
and yeah I was thinking about your Mewtwo one when making this, i thought about making him the rival but to have 2 rivals from the same game wouldn't be really crossoverish

That happened with some of mine, but the people who like reading through em prolly are. Not everyone posts even if they read em from what I've noticed.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#8G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:15:45 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
G-Scythe posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

That happened with some of mine, but the people who like reading through em prolly are. Not everyone posts even if they read em from what I've noticed.

Well I only post when I know the characters well enough to think I'm a good enough judge of the moveset, so maybe.
But everyone's played Pokemon, it's not like this is a niche franchise lol
---
#9G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:58:49 AM
G-Scythe used Bump.
It's Super Effective!!!
---
#10AMP1317Posted 4/19/2013 12:51:50 PM
Great moveset! However, there's one thing I am wondering about...
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Red (from the manga) have a Poliwhirl starter?

He didn't get a Pikachu until later on. Sorry if I'm being picky, Pikachu is just sooo overused and I feel like that's more of an Ash build than Red. Then again, you could be talking about the Gameboy games, in which case everything would make sense (if it was Yellow version).

Still, great moveset. It's much better than SSBB's Pokemon Trainer's moveset.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."