Discuss the Balance (1v1) Day 16: Raiden

#11DireProphecyPosted 4/18/2013 10:32:29 PM
He's always been that character who sounds better on paper than he actually is in play.
#12LaKizzle23Posted 4/18/2013 11:09:15 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
He'd be top if he wasn't so punishable.

Please explain how punishable he is because I just can't see it.

I swear its almost like Raiden can immediately cancel everything, even his landing lag into his counter.

You must be fighting Jesus's Raiden or something.

Given recent results, Phaze is the best Raiden out there right now.

I wonder what his opinion is on how safe/unsafe Raiden is.

I personally think he's pretty unsafe for a top tier, but again he more than makes up for it with his kill/damage potential. I think he's like the 5th or 6th best character in the game.

I think he's pretty safe tbh. Not necessarily from his attacks, but just because of his overall meta.

Due to his ability to confirm off of his counter you really don't want to take a chance and attack him at the wrong moment. Even if his attack is unsafe, it always seems (maybe due to lag or HA) like he can cancel into his counter almost instantly, even before his counter animation even begins. If you try to bait the counter.... well, you don't want to try and block or stand still near Raiden since he can just grab you.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (Self Acclaimed Best Ever) , Zeus (Can't Touch This!)
#13blaze19_0XPosted 4/19/2013 12:59:13 AM(edited)
LaKizzle23 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
He'd be top if he wasn't so punishable.

Please explain how punishable he is because I just can't see it.

I swear its almost like Raiden can immediately cancel everything, even his landing lag into his counter.

You must be fighting Jesus's Raiden or something.

Given recent results, Phaze is the best Raiden out there right now.

I wonder what his opinion is on how safe/unsafe Raiden is.

I personally think he's pretty unsafe for a top tier, but again he more than makes up for it with his kill/damage potential. I think he's like the 5th or 6th best character in the game.

I think he's pretty safe tbh. Not necessarily from his attacks, but just because of his overall meta.

Due to his ability to confirm off of his counter you really don't want to take a chance and attack him at the wrong moment. Even if his attack is unsafe, it always seems (maybe due to lag or HA) like he can cancel into his counter almost instantly, even before his counter animation even begins. If you try to bait the counter.... well, you don't want to try and block or stand still near Raiden since he can just grab you.

Have you considered grabbing him if he's trying to abuse counter this way?

I wasn't aware that Raiden's counter comes out faster than others but you might be on to something.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x