Smash Bros + PSASBR

#1AylasHeroPosted 4/19/2013 10:01:01 AM
Now this isn't a which is better thread. Let's get that behind us right from the start.

This is about what a game would be like that was a hybrid of PSAS and Smash Bros, trying to take the best of both worlds and combine them into one. Now it would be cool to have characters from both fighting in one game but that isn't really the point either.

Here might be an example. What if a Final Smash was earned through building meter instead of a smash ball?

Things like that. Tell me some hybrid ideas you wish could be in some mega brawler. I'm interested to hear ideas!
#2hyperknees91Posted 4/19/2013 10:08:58 AM
Hmm it'd be wierd to combine them because the main difference between the two is one is based on killing via supers and the other is killing via knocking out of the arena.

Things to take from PSA- bigger movesets, mashup stages, possible ap gain to a final smash or what not,

And yeah just fuse that with most of smash and I think you would get a pretty cool game. For bonus points they could take all the amazing item variety from power stone 2 and make it a real crazy game (only in my dreams).
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#3AylasHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:12:03 AM
hyperknees91 posted...
Hmm it'd be wierd to combine them because the main difference between the two is one is based on killing via supers and the other is killing via knocking out of the arena.

Things to take from PSA- bigger movesets, mashup stages, possible ap gain to a final smash or what not,

And yeah just fuse that with most of smash and I think you would get a pretty cool game. For bonus points they could take all the amazing item variety from power stone 2 and make it a real crazy game (only in my dreams).

Powerstone added to the possible hybrid ideas. How did I forget that awesome game, I still have both on the Dreamcast and play them!

Cool idea for the Powerstone like items.
#4AylasHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:31:03 AM
I have another one. Turning the hazards off. But actually make all the hazards turn off unlike PSAS does sometimes.
#5AylasHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:40:01 AM
I have this on a few other forums and am bringing their thought here (people LOVED the Power Stone 2 item thing btw)

BeigeMage wrote:
Kudos for Power Stone call back! I would love some of those characters in Allstars. But on topic, I really like the killing mechanic of Allstars and yet it has the glaring flaw, that if you miss your super, all your skill is wasted. My only friend who likes this game is my partner for 2v2 and he plays a very strong Dante. However he sucks at getting any kills and that's all that counts. So which mechanic should be used? Honestly I'd pick neither. Melee had a game mode called Score or Style or something like that and that was my favorited method of determining a victor in any fighting game. The winner of the match was the one who acumulated the most points given for things like, striking first, getting a full charge hit in, length of combos, variety of moves used, etc... Of course it also counted how many kills and deaths you got. So yeah, that's what I wanna see in this hypothetical game.
#6blaze19_0XPosted 4/19/2013 10:42:02 AM
Final smashes intergreted into gameplay?

No thanks.

What makes Smash system so much more dynamic then this is the several ways one can kill. If you could just build meter and then get a win button, every match would end the same way.

Now, I'm all for a meter system but it should function similar to Street Fighter 4's meter system. You can spend the meter on doing more powerful versions of your regular attacks. And maybe some ultimate super move as well and some other bonuses. BUT, non of these should be one hit KOs or unavoidable.

Also if that Dante was strong, he would know how to empty cancel and thus, wouldn't be wasting his meter all the time.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#7blaze19_0XPosted 4/19/2013 10:44:13 AM
Also while that Score/Style mode from Melee is fine as a fun mode, it's terrible for competitive play.

For starters, it's timed. There's nothing stopping someone after taking a huge lead to just lame it out.

Not to mention how points are determined is very questionable.
---
#8AylasHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:46:02 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Final smashes intergreted into gameplay?

No thanks.

What makes Smash system so much more dynamic then this is the several ways one can kill. If you could just build meter and then get a win button, every match would end the same way.

Now, I'm all for a meter system but it should function similar to Street Fighter 4's meter system. You can spend the meter on doing more powerful versions of your regular attacks. And maybe some ultimate super move as well and some other bonuses. BUT, non of these should be one hit KOs or unavoidable.

Also if that Dante was strong, he would know how to empty cancel and thus, wouldn't be wasting his meter all the time.

I think this was kinda the route I wanted to go more, building meter for some sort of super move that was stronger but not a one hit k.o.

The "x factor" idea could be seriously cool too. I guess our hybrid should be taking good things from ALL fighting games and not just brawlers so we don't miss anything cool like the power stone 2 items idea.
#9blaze19_0XPosted 4/19/2013 10:47:55 AM
AylasHero posted...
I have another one. Turning the hazards off. But actually make all the hazards turn off unlike PSAS does sometimes.

I agree with this one.

This is one of the few things PSASBR has over Smash. Granted like you said, it doesn't even work right at times but still.

A Kill Limit mode would be nice as well. Not ideal imo for competitive play but for casual play when you have friends over who don't like getting eliminated in the first minute and then sitting it out for the rest of the game? Perfect.
---
#10CChoochPosted 4/19/2013 10:49:27 AM
Take the core of Smash Bros., make Final Smashes meter based and add a third attack button a la PlayStation All-Stars.

There you go.
---
PSN: RadRed