Maybe someone can explain this to me

#1EX_BortthogPosted 4/20/2013 1:30:54 AM
The point of ragequiting a player match

It just makes you look bad because its not recorded in any way but points to levels. If PSAS had an active counter to player matches I'd understand ragequits because I see bad players with 80% to 90% w/l in other games that track player

But I wanna know the logic behind it, its like ragequiting your own stream (yes I know someone who actually does that, its the most pathetic thing ever)
---
#1 Cactus
#2holysquidPosted 4/20/2013 1:41:03 AM
I only ragequit unranked matches if I'm getting extremely frustrated. Though I'll never RQ when it comes down to a 1v1.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 4/20/2013 1:44:56 AM
Think of it like this. You know you're going to lose. You know there's no way this fight can be turned around. But you know the fight will be drawn on for as long as possible if you keep trying.
I've had player matches that last from 1 minute to some that are 10 minutes of boring, super whiffing, 2v1s. Some people are impatient and just want to get it over with.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#4EX_Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 1:47:51 AM(edited)
But why? Its not recorded, and ragequits in general create a mental redflag to the others you aren't reliable

I miss Red Name brands

Think of it like this. You know you're going to lose. You know there's no way this fight can be turned around. But you know the fight will be drawn on for as long as possible if you keep trying.

This is hypocritical. If you know you'll lose accept it and don't punk out, if you keep trying its because you feel like you can do it. Pick your mentality
---
#1 Cactus
#5holysquidPosted 4/20/2013 1:49:10 AM
What does it being recorded have anything to do with it? If I'm getting really frustrated I no longer want to play. It's as simple as that.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#6KingTumbleweedPosted 4/20/2013 1:59:02 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...

This is hypocritical. If you know you'll lose accept it and don't punk out, if you keep trying its because you feel like you can do it. Pick your mentality

Like I said, people are impatient. This is partly the reason I hate Timed matches, I could potentially kill 15 times with no deaths and I'd still have to wait for the timer to give, even though it's clear I've won.

Also, my above example is an example on why people ragequit. Why wait out the remaining minute and a half? You and I both know it's already over.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#7EX_Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:03:54 AM
What does it being recorded have anything to do with it? If I'm getting really frustrated I no longer want to play. It's as simple as that.

Number Monkeys who think stats are everything, you encounter them alot in games with stats that are displayed in lobby or post game but if you get frustrated at a game you have anger issues
---
#1 Cactus
#8wwinterj25Posted 4/20/2013 5:35:52 AM(edited)
EX_Bortthog posted...

Number Monkeys who think stats are everything, you encounter them alot in games with stats that are displayed in lobby or post game but if you get frustrated at a game you have anger issues

You know been as wins don't matter in unranked you shouldn't care people quit. In other words it works both ways. People quit simply because they no longer want to play the game. It's no big deal to me in unranked as I just put it down to a forfeit on there part, I won and move on. In ranked sure it's a pain as you do lose rank when others quit multiple times in a row. That's why I've quit ranked but in unranked it's not a big deal. People play for fun and if they are not having that I understand why they quit.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9EX_Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:24:38 AM
That's why I've quit ranked but in unranked it's not a big deal. People play for fun and if they are not having that I understand why they quit.

No playing for fun and quitting due to losing are totally different

You wouldn't give two ****s if you played for fun and just played it out

Quitting shows you wanna win
---
#1 Cactus