Y'know what the worst thing about this game is?

#1SaikyoBroPosted 4/20/2013 11:11:14 AM(edited)
The ranking system. Like, once you waste enough time to get a black belt or brown belt or whatever you start losing 10 points on every match and gaining 2 from every win unless you're fighting someone else highly ranked but that almost never seems to happen.

And I mean, if more skill were involved then a penalty like that would be a little bit more appropriate, but when you have matches where you're fighting a team with some combination of Kratos/Raiden/Sly/Evil Cole who have items spawn next to them every 30 seconds on Sandover or Invasion or something, like, it's completely out of your control if you win or lose.

And there are still soooo many bugs. I fought a double Raiden team, beat them, and they quit. I lost ten points. I met them again a few matches later, beat them, and they quit a second time. I LOST TEN POINTS AGAIN. So a few matches later I fight them a THIRD time, but the game glitches out and gives me Nariko instead of who I picked (on Invasion no less) and we lost, unable to do anything but watch them teabag repeatedly because the game decided I wanted a character I have no idea how to play.

Like, why would they think this horrible belt system is a good idea? Why do I always lose ten points but gain no more than 2? Seriously, it seems the game tries so hard to demotivate people from playing it. I mean, even when you completely outplay someone, a single mistake (or more often than that a random stroke of lag) will get you and your partner both killed by a cheap hit confirm or a random super so what's the point of trying? So many stupid overpowered items, so many horrible stages, such aaawful netcode, like, why would I play this? I decide to try again for the first time in a few weeks and end up losing more points than I had to start with despite winning way more matches than I lost.

And the worst part is? It never ends. I got my black belt in early February and it has stayed the same for 3 months. Ideally the season system would encourage people to keep playing often so they could keep getting their belts to keep earning titles and ranking up, but the season never seems to actually reset the way it's intended to. So where's my reward for keeping a black belt in FFA and 2v2 for 3 months? Even if it's just a title, it's so annoying to meet the conditions for something and still not get it just because their stupid system doesn't actually work. The game has been out for 5 months today and I'm pretty sure we're only working on our THIRD season.

It sucks because this game is so much fun just locally messing around with friends. But the moment you take it online everything becomes broken characters getting lucky items on bad stages and aggressively teabagging every time they get lucky. You can win 20 matches and lose 5 and you'll end up with less points than you started off with. I just...I just don't get this game, man. It's seriously like they don't WANT anyone to play it.
#2boy_luckPosted 4/20/2013 11:17:34 AM
/blogfaqs

Also, the belt system is worthless, play unranked and you'll start to have fun.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 4/20/2013 11:19:09 AM
Ranked is broken. Everyone feels the same way.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#4SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:23:59 AM
boy_luck posted...
/blogfaqs

Unranked is better a lot of the times but in all honesty you're basically switching from broken characters to complete idiots. You don't see as much obnoxious hit confirm spamming and you aren't losing BP which is good, but the downside is that a lot of people have the "I'm not good enough for ranked so I'll just play unranked!" mentality, so half the people you fight are jokes. Like, I feel really bad playing characters I know what I'm doing with in that mode, to be honest. I like seeing more character variety and sometimes stock/kill limit are refreshing but you're still dealing with a lot of the same problems from ranked.
#5PrismsbladePosted 4/20/2013 11:38:31 AM
wtf TC you have your black belt, and if the seasons never resetting its not going anywhere so stay off ranked, and your so called worse issue with the game is over with.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#6Rodrigo996Posted 4/20/2013 11:39:13 AM
Stupid people complaining?
#7boy_luckPosted 4/20/2013 11:45:16 AM(edited)
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
/blogfaqs

Unranked is better a lot of the times but in all honesty you're basically switching from broken characters to complete idiots. You don't see as much obnoxious hit confirm spamming and you aren't losing BP which is good, but the downside is that a lot of people have the "I'm not good enough for ranked so I'll just play unranked!" mentality, so half the people you fight are jokes. Like, I feel really bad playing characters I know what I'm doing with in that mode, to be honest. I like seeing more character variety and sometimes stock/kill limit are refreshing but you're still dealing with a lot of the same problems from ranked.

So you come here to whine about ranked, then you say unranked is worse and ranked is not so bad...

/logic

Also, it's clear you're losing a lot in ranked and call unraked players a joke? Lol.
---
Sora is a terrible character. Deal with it!
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#8SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:53:38 AM
boy_luck posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
/blogfaqs

So you come here to whine about ranked, then you say unranked is worse and ranked is not so bad...

/logic

Also, it's clear you're losing a lot in ranked and call unraked players a joke? Lol.

Yeah. Ranked is broken, unranked isn't challenging or fun. The game's online just doesn't work.
#9judgementaeonPosted 4/20/2013 11:55:40 AM
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
/blogfaqs

/logic

Yeah. Ranked is broken, unranked isn't challenging or fun. The game's online just doesn't work.

Unranked is fun :p
---
WATCH. NOW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSdm0rE3nWU
Me, for people who didn't see it:http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh536/clenhardt27/meeee010.jpg
#10SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:00:13 PM
judgementaeon posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
boy_luck posted...
/blogfaqs

/logic

Unranked is fun :p

Okay, yeah, I made unranked sound worse than it is.The variety of modes and characters is a nice change of pace, but at the same time a big chunk of the people just don't know what they're doing and problems with stages, netcode, etc. still exist. I dunno, I think ranked would be a lot better if they didn't choose this ridiculous system of losing a single match causing you to lose as many points as you'd gain by winning 5.